Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:32:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase STOLE more than 10 BTC !!!!  (Read 923 times)
portofinowhale (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

Hi guys! Last week I blocked my account because I was not sure about the security of the data. Now when I want to unlock it, Coinbase support answers that they simply do not have email support in my region now! And this is despite the fact that 2 months ago the support worked perfectly! They just decided to steal my money and not unlock the account! Support does not answer! Any suggestions?
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:44:35 PM

Hi guys! Last week I blocked my account because I was not sure about the security of the data. Now when I want to unlock it, Coinbase support answers that they simply do not have email support in my region now! And this is despite the fact that 2 months ago the support worked perfectly! They just decided to steal my money and not unlock the account! Support does not answer! Any suggestions?

How exactly did you block your account? You'll probably just have to try different methods of contacting support. Maybe try messaging them via twitter or something as well. If you have coins in the account, they should have some obligation to help you.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:51:01 PM

That's tough. don't stop trying to contact them. Get as much attention as possible. I suggest posting it on reddit's /r/bitcoin and /r/btc to get more attention. make sure to explain things carefully.

After you regain control over your bitcoins, I suggest to always move your bitcoins out of your coinbase wallet into some other wallet like electrum/mycelium. I've seen too much people having problems on coinbase.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
portofinowhale (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:53:20 PM

How exactly did you block your account? You'll probably just have to try different methods of contacting support. Maybe try messaging them via twitter or something as well. If you have coins in the account, they should have some obligation to help you.

Thank you for your answer kolloh! I don't remember exactly because I can't login right now. But it was some button like "Block you account if you think that it was hacked or some third party received your account details". After that each time I try to login it says "Sorry, account temporarily disabled. Please contact support."
I've contacted with support by email and the form on site. Nothing happens.
portofinowhale (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:01:04 PM

That's tough. don't stop trying to contact them. Get as much attention as possible. I suggest posting it on reddit's /r/bitcoin and /r/btc to get more attention. make sure to explain things carefully.

After you regain control over your bitcoins, I suggest to always move your bitcoins out of your coinbase wallet into some other wallet like electrum/mycelium. I've seen too much people having problems on coinbase.

Thank you! I've posted it on reddit also, but it's hard there to receive any attention cause my post have too small rating:(
victory1

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:07:10 PM

They are a registered entity in the US.

Your last solution is to contact an attorney who has experience in the cryptocurrency field to write a letter of demand for you.
newbi462

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:57:04 PM

When you say "answers that they simply do not have email support" do you mean you EMAILED them directly using the old "support" email and got the auto "In an effort to more quickly respond to requests, directly emailing ...is no longer enabled" message. Or did you use the support form?

portofinowhale (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:19:02 PM

When you say "answers that they simply do not have email support" do you mean you EMAILED them directly using the old "support" email and got the auto "In an effort to more quickly respond to requests, directly emailing ...is no longer enabled" message. Or did you use the support form?

I've contacted few times with support form and few times by directly mailing...
GAMORA

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:28:08 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 07:42:52 PM by GAMORA

https://twitter.com/spaces55544/status/874709351759523841 
https://twitter.com/spaces55544/status/874713034983342080
https://twitter.com/spaces55544/status/874713493550878722
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:52:19 PM

Such a big bitcoin you are holding a 10 btc in coinbase i think you can not recover except if you contact them directly since you block your account and you want to reopen it again with bitcoin inside. they can get it back once you contact them just give some proof try to contact them here https://community.coinbase.com/t/live-chat-support/10903
Maybe they can reply you soon in their community site..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
portofinowhale (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:06:29 PM

Such a big bitcoin you are holding a 10 btc in coinbase i think you can not recover except if you contact them directly since you block your account and you want to reopen it again with bitcoin inside. they can get it back once you contact them just give some proof try to contact them here https://community.coinbase.com/t/live-chat-support/10903

Unfortunately, I can't login to community site and post smth while it may be done with Coinbase main account only...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:17:31 PM

try an old school letter?

Here you will find their address.
http://www.dfs.ny.gov/legal/vcrf_0500/20140828%20-%20VC%20Proposed%20Reg%20Comment%2096%20-%20Coinbase.pdf

They are not a scam, so I think this will all work out. However in the future NEVER leave bitcoin at an exchange for more than a few hours. Until you have EXCLUSIVE CONTROL OF YOUR PRIVATE KEYS you simply do not have any bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
GAMORA

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:21:31 PM

Unfortunately, I can't login to community site and post smth while it may be done with Coinbase main account only...

you can make a new registration, for example from your smartphone,if you have any questions I think you will not be difficult to confirm your email to support.
portofinowhale (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:24:19 PM

try an old school letter?

Here you will find their address.
http://www.dfs.ny.gov/legal/vcrf_0500/20140828%20-%20VC%20Proposed%20Reg%20Comment%2096%20-%20Coinbase.pdf

They are not a scam, so I think this will all work out. However in the future NEVER leave bitcoin at an exchange for more than a few hours. Until you have EXCLUSIVE CONTROL OF YOUR PRIVATE KEYS you simply do not have any bitcoin.

Thank you for your advise!
portofinowhale (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:33:53 PM

you can make a new registration, for example from your smartphone,if you have any questions I think you will not be difficult to confirm your email to support.

Will try! Thanks
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 09:11:41 PM

How much time has gone by since you first made ran into trouble accessing your account? It's not likely they've confiscated your coins. Are you telling us the full story?

Coinbase has a physical operation in the US in San Francisco. At worst you could travel there and knock on the door and explain your situation and ask for help. For a balance equaling $26-27000 it would be worth the trip.

Here's their address: 548 Market St #23008, San Francisco, CA 94104

Here's the street view of that address: https://www.google.com/maps/place/548+Market+St,+San+Francisco,+CA+94104/@37.78994,-122.4006776,3a,75y,308.87h,93.62t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sR71D8ELiuEc5-RizhjAwdw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DR71D8ELiuEc5-RizhjAwdw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D392%26h%3D106%26yaw%3D306.92596%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x808580627b5ea1d1:0x60fd99496057cf74!8m2!3d37.7900286!4d-122.4008398!6m1!1e1

They might be slow to respond, but that doesn't mean that something shady is going on. You should keep trying. I've contacted Coinbase for support and I have received responses. If you can't get a response. You need to build a case on this forum, as a way to get "press" to focus attention.

Coinbase has a huge presence and business. They don't gain anything by screwing over their customers. Their business is more valuable than 10BTC.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1323

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 11:57:10 PM

You could otherwise hire someone from one "supported region" to act as if it was you. You would have the risk of him/her getting away with all, but as an option, it might do

kfeedorek

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:17:47 AM

Just do diligence. Dont give up. Ive gone through quite a bit with locked/suspended accounts with btce but ive always managed to get my stuff back. The main thing is to remain calm and unfortunately be very patient as sometimes these things can take not just days but a week or 2 to get cleared up. Coinbase is a major US based entity/corporation. They arent going to just rob you.
portofinowhale (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:22:51 AM

Thank you very much guys for your support and advises! I will keep trying
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 810

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 04:51:15 AM

Any proof you can provide to us so that you can get our sympathy since we cannot tell if you are telling the truth here since you doesn't show any scenario on why is that happening on you but maybe you violated their Tos, But if you think you didn't do anything wrong by using their wallet I think you need to sue them by filing some legal suite since 10 btc is pretty much huge to be lose in unknown matters.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: