Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:45:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Miner starting again  (Read 247 times)
sourcingbits (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:00:42 PM

Well hello to everyone,  More than that I am making a second attempt at writing a intro thread again.

Its been a while a long while sense I did any mining.  Why I left I am not certain.  Sense that time the POOL that I worked with died and all the hardware I was using is obsolete.  I am sure many of you are thinking I hear you but there are some questions that I have not been able to figure out yet and some that I have.  thing is I want to start chatting and the best way is getting my voice heard.  Smiley  I am not super active but I am hoping that will change as there are so many smart people on here. 

Anyway on to my new questions:

1:) I am thinking of investing in at least 1 S9 antminer.  The threads I've read were for the most part all positive and I love that.  Has anyone else gone in this direction off the cuff and how many should I try to attain to make it an investment. 
     ( I have seen that the difficulty has brought down the over all payout but I am not deterred  I am convinced that it is still possible to mine for profit. Smiley  Unless my wife says NO)

2:) POOLS there are so many, can I get a direction of a few good ones?

3:) Software:  I used to us CGremote and an really sad that it is no longer a usable software.  Other than Awesome Miner, has anyone else used any other GUI successfully?  sorry I am not gig on monitoring cgminer on its own.  Sadly I did not grow up on command line Sad

4:) Is minepeon the easiest way to mine with a rPI?  Just not sure it is worth putting my 3 RPI's to work as miners or to sell them.

thanks for allowing me to say hello and the ability to send questions.  Hope this second attempt goes through. 

Thanks

Sourcingbits
sourcingbits (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:33:20 PM

So things I've done as a NEWB,

Joined Antpool and Slushpool as they were easy to find and set up.  some others not so much.

Downloaded a few remote software miners and well connection issues will drive me nuts and make me not want to use something.

Failed - Multiminer (had high hopes)
           GuiMiner

untested- AwesomeMiner (I really do not want to pay for it but I will if it works)

As for the Pi's I have decided to start selling the stuff off on Bitify or other platform once I find it.  God I miss BITMIT.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: