Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:18:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It cost me $2 + 12 hours to send $25 in BTC now  (Read 3367 times)
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:08:23 AM

I use Blockchain.info wallet and I can't say their minimal fee for transaction >1 hour is too much. Maybe in dollars it is, but in bitcoins it is stayed the same like it was years ago. i recommend you to try to save some good amount first, like 100$ before to withdraw. With all that little sum you only loose. Good luck!
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:26:43 AM

Still no one on the dev team considers this an issue?

I have sent multiple $20 transactions all with high fee ALONG WITH high confirm times..

Blockchain.info now has 2 different fee modes to send, both of which are high.

Ethereum will take over Bitcoin if this keeps up.
That's a bad thing about bitcoin. The fee is going higher and higher. Owning bitcoin now is getting harder and expensive these days. Small people like me can't afford transacting because fee is too high. I usually send small amount. 15-20 dollars plus the fee $4. $4 is huge for me. Fee will slowy kill bitcoin. They must do something about this.

Now Bitcoin transaction taking too much time.A few days ago I send Bitcoin another address which was very urgent.And I pay the 18$ fee for the fast transaction.Miners accepted within 2 minutes.But it took about 7-8 hours to confirm my transaction.which was expensive and boring.

Wow! This bigger than i thought. With that amount of fee, it still takes hours to confirm? That sucks.
If this continues, many bitcoin owners will switch to altcoins. I see IOTA becoming huge. It actually satoshipay replace bitcoin for IOTA. It's faster and no fees. Is this the time to switch?
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:39:44 PM

I appreciate that you have the ability to bring up the network fees which would normally speak things up, but maybe somewhere at the process you're tweaking something that's bringing that speed back down. Other than that the fee seems about right depending on how you're doing it . There are much cheaper ways to do it but it depends on sites that you use and the services you need.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:25:01 PM

It sounds like you're messing with too many options yourself. I have a particular client that daily sent us a payment of 0.3 Bitcoins. That contact with Bitcoin is the only contact they have, they do not care about Bitcoin and they know very little about it. They use a simple online wallet, choose our name from the address book and send that amount. Every single one of those transactions for the past 2 years has cleared and confirmed within an hour usually less.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:42:42 PM

I don't know in which mutli verse you are living in but the last time i checked the average transaction fee for ethereum was around $1.4 for each transaction. So it doesn't matter which coin you use, you will end up paying the same amount of fees
Unless you use a coin with low fees (e.g. DOGE for as long as it doesn't have a high transaction volume, and IOTA if it works out right), in which case the transaction fees will be perfectly low.

If you want to use an altcoin to pay low fees, just use an obscure one.  Even if they're not scalable, they'll be cheap for now (e.g. Litecoin).

If you want security and you want to send high amounts, use Bitcoin.
Low fee with small amount better to use doge coin, eth  or litecoin, I usually use eth, litcoin or dogecoin. For high amount of transaction more than 0.1 BTC I like Bitcoin. Most exchanger accept bitcoin for fiat. I send 0.1 with fee 0.001. I think it's not big amount of fees for sending the money in hours. If we cash out via banks we need take days to cash out, with bitcoin I only need an or two hours if not problem less than 30 minutes. That's comfortable for me.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:26:24 AM

I thought I was the only one that witnessed it until I saw your post. It actually took me four hours to fund an account with blockchain and then I started getting scared that the money was lost in transaction probably
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:58:18 AM

I had a similar experience. As I've said before, now bitcoin is completely unsuitable as a system of payment for goods and services, etc. It seems to be an excellent investment and obviously it is much more convenient than gold bullion, but it cannot compete with credit cards for everyday shopping. Let's see if the Lightning Network can change the situation.
albert11

Activity: 679

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:28:15 AM

Due to the extremely high deduction. Others are forced to stop their bitcoins. There is another that is still trying to replace it. If this does not resolve many bitcoins holders will have to full out their Bitcoins and replace it with other crypto currencies. And if this happens then the bitcoin price will falls

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:21:05 AM

Nope, just waiting for merchants and services to pivot to Bitcoin Cash. Won't be long.

That is already happening: https://www.dashforcenews.com/ryan-x-charles-switched-bitcoin-cash/

Indeed, any application that needs low fees is already running to the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
kotbi

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:24:54 AM

Remember this is temporary. Segwit is slowly kicking in. It will increase the block size from 1MB to 4 MB. In no time, the mempool will be empty and the transaction will cost pennies.

████→→       ● BitMEX, trade bitcoin and altcoins using 100X leverage   Use this link to sign up and get 10% off fees for 6 months

████→→       ● BitMEX, 100倍杠杆交易比特币和山寨币  设在香港,提供中文支持, 用此链接开户前6个月节省10%的交易费
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:32:21 AM

Indeed, any application that needs low fees is already running to the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.

You easily discard the fact that now Segwit has been activated, the doors are wide open for Lightning Network to step in and offer people insanely low transaction fees. On top of that, you are promoting something that has no viable long term perspective. I even doubt that at some point it will manage to maintain a value of +0.05BTC. Bitcoin Cash isn't any different from the hundreds of other altcoins there are in this market. I rather use something as Litecoin than something that is backed by malicious entities.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:37:16 AM

Still no one on the dev team considers this an issue?

I have sent multiple $20 transactions all with high fee ALONG WITH high confirm times..

Blockchain.info now has 2 different fee modes to send, both of which are high.

Ethereum will take over Bitcoin if this keeps up.
It takes a lot of time and the transaction fees have become damn high , I totally agree with everyone out there who are not happy with the recent delays and high fees issues. Ethereum replacing bitcoin,not sure about that because anything and everything is possible in the crypto-currency world.

kotbi

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:40:37 AM

You easily discard the fact that now Segwit has been activated, the doors are wide open for Lightning Network to step in and offer people insanely low transaction fees. On top of that, you are promoting something that has no viable long term perspective. I even doubt that at some point it will manage to maintain a value of +0.05BTC. Bitcoin Cash isn't any different from the hundreds of other altcoins there are in this market. I rather use something as Litecoin than something that is backed by malicious entities.

I totally agree with you.  On the other hand, I believe smarter people will win in a long term. Some people will choose a different path and realize the gold path much later.

████→→       ● BitMEX, trade bitcoin and altcoins using 100X leverage   Use this link to sign up and get 10% off fees for 6 months

████→→       ● BitMEX, 100倍杠杆交易比特币和山寨币  设在香港,提供中文支持, 用此链接开户前6个月节省10%的交易费
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:22:28 PM

On the other hand, I believe smarter people will win in a long term. Some people will choose a different path and realize the gold path much later.

Long term minded Bitcoiners will always win - it has been like that since the very early days, and it will continue to be like that in the forthcoming years. People like RawDog are only out to cause drama, where they morally have no problems with knowingly pushing people into the wrong direction. It's either a paid shill, or a very sore loser due to him having sold his coins far too early. Just browse through his entire, or at least recent post hisorty - 90% of his posts have a trollish tint to them, that should say enough.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: