Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying 1 ETH for BTC  (Read 221 times)
jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:32:00 PM

I don't really trust most exchanges, so I'd be happy if someone could sell me 1 ETH.
You either go first, or are sufficiently trusted, or find an escrow.
PM me if interested, I might not notice replies quickly.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:58:26 PM

I put a thread up about buying ETH with BTC and it was removed for some reason. Not sure why, wouldve been nice if one of the mods/admins messaged me as to why.

Just a heads up incade you find this thread gets deleted. Good luck woth the trade though  Smiley

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:59:20 PM

I don't really trust most exchanges, so I'd be happy if someone could sell me 1 ETH.

If you don't mind paying more at spot price then you might find people willing to sell you here. But if you're looking to buy at spot prices you got to trust the exchanges. 1 ETH is not really that large to be afraid the exchanges will steal your money.
jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:16:04 PM

I put a thread up about buying ETH with BTC and it was removed for some reason. Not sure why, wouldve been nice if one of the mods/admins messaged me as to why.

Just a heads up incade you find this thread gets deleted. Good luck woth the trade though  Smiley

Maybe it's because you had multiple marketplace threads open or something?
Other than that, I don't know why that would happen....

If you don't mind paying more at spot price then you might find people willing to sell you here. But if you're looking to buy at spot prices you got to trust the exchanges. 1 ETH is not really that large to be afraid the exchanges will steal your money.

Nah it's not that they'll steal my money. It's just that I've heard that most exchanges need a lot of your info to even get involved.
And shapeshift's rates always seem terrible to me for some reason.
If anyone can suggest a relatively easy to use exchange, that doesn't need details but doesn't rip you off, I'll gladly use that.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:29:01 PM

Maybe it's because you had multiple marketplace threads open or something?
Other than that, I don't know why that would happen....

Nah it's not that they'll steal my money. It's just that I've heard that most exchanges need a lot of your info to even get involved.
And shapeshift's rates always seem terrible to me for some reason.
If anyone can suggest a relatively easy to use exchange, that doesn't need details but doesn't rip you off, I'll gladly use that.

Just use poloniex. They just ask for a first name and a last name. You can make stuff up, that's up to you. Limits will be at $2,000/day which is large enough for your trade anyway. They don't ask for additional ID if you don't want to verify your account. Verification is just for purposes of raising your limits anyway.
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:47:12 PM

I can do this at 5% over market price for my eth; let me know or use bittrex. It's a registered market in the USA, its safe and there's no need to give out that much information for just 1 ether (~400$ usd)
jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:08:09 PM

Just use poloniex. They just ask for a first name and a last name. You can make stuff up, that's up to you. Limits will be at $2,000/day which is large enough for your trade anyway. They don't ask for additional ID if you don't want to verify your account. Verification is just for purposes of raising your limits anyway.

Uhh I had my poloniex account compromised somehow, so I'm reluctant to go back there.
Also, I think it shouldn't be too much harder to find an alternative.

I can do this at 5% over market price for my eth; let me know or use bittrex. It's a registered market in the USA, its safe and there's no need to give out that much information for just 1 ether (~400$ usd)

Thank you! I just deposited my Bitcoin there, hoping it works out well.
Thread locked.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: