Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SONM US Residents  (Read 804 times)
JayPrimetown (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:59:53 PM

If I'm reading correctly, US Residents cannot participate in the SONM ICO. Is everyone else reading that correctly? Total buzz kill as I was quite interested in this project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dude.Lebowski

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:12:43 PM

If I'm reading correctly, US Residents cannot participate in the SONM ICO. Is everyone else reading that correctly? Total buzz kill as I was quite interested in this project.

So, what, this crypto coin contract somehow has borders?  I thought it was just math.

Okay. The old man told me to take any rug in the house.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:32:44 PM

if you really wanted to get into this ICO you could easily figure out how to do it, vpn's work well if they go that far to block out US citizens.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:47:27 PM

not just SONM,,
i see in another project that US residents cannot participate too,,
but if you want to buy this , you can buy this SONM after the listed on exchange  Wink

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:09:45 PM

It caused by SEC. And US citizens are not able to participate in the ICO or something like that. I think you must understand about that. Will be better for you to not participate on the ICO. And not against the term.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 11:11:17 PM

not just SONM,,
i see in another project that US residents cannot participate too,,
but if you want to buy this , you can buy this SONM after the listed on exchange  Wink
Also happened to the Ethbits ICO.
US Residents could not participate in purchasing during the ICO either.
buenav

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

So, what, this crypto coin contract somehow has borders?  I thought it was just math.

It is but not everyone wants to break the law and I understand that. Obviously without KYC they can't stop it though.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:06:31 AM

FinCEN issued guidance on this back in 2013. https://www.fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/FIN-2013-G001.pdf
My read is that virtually all ICOs could be illegal in the United States unless the issuers register with FinCEN and do AML/KNC. The only exceptions are
c. De-Centralized Virtual Currencies
A final type of convertible virtual currency activity involves a de-centralized convertible virtual currency
(1) that has no central repository and no single administrator, and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort.
After this comes the SEC if the tokens are considered securities. Coins that were mined from the beginning with no pre-mines, initial sales etc such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero etc are likely safe. Many of the others will likely make some lawyers very wealthy,

Edit: Ripple has already being the subject of enforcement action. https://www.fincen.gov/news/news-releases/fincen-fines-ripple-labs-inc-first-civil-enforcement-action-against-virtual As for Ethereum and its ICOs, I will leave it to the reader to consider what would happen if FinCEN and the SEC decide to do a tag team enforcement effort.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:24:43 AM

there is no assurance whether this ICO is legit. didn't you just read that they edited the ratio lately? during the start of ICO 1 ETH = 606 SONM tokens but just recently 1 ETH is now 2000+ SONM tokens. would that be fair for those who bought during the start?

if you wanna invest and yet you are from US, just wait till it gets listed on exchanges.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ccs5t

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:02:29 AM

FinCEN issued guidance on this back in 2013. https://www.fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/FIN-2013-G001.pdf
My read is that virtually all ICOs could be illegal in the United States unless the issuers register with FinCEN and do AML/KNC. The only exceptions are
c. De-Centralized Virtual Currencies
A final type of convertible virtual currency activity involves a de-centralized convertible virtual currency
(1) that has no central repository and no single administrator, and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort.
After this comes the SEC if the tokens are considered securities. Coins that were mined from the beginning with no pre-mines, initial sales etc such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero etc are likely safe. Many of the others will likely make some lawyers very wealthy,

Edit: Ripple has already being the subject of enforcement action. https://www.fincen.gov/news/news-releases/fincen-fines-ripple-labs-inc-first-civil-enforcement-action-against-virtual As for Ethereum and its ICOs, I will leave it to the reader to consider what would happen if FinCEN and the SEC decide to do a tag team enforcement effort.

Damn I wonder what sort of process is required to register with FinCEN and the fees involved. There also seems to be no way to prevent US residents from investing
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:24:33 AM

Damn I wonder what sort of process is required to register with FinCEN and the fees involved. There also seems to be no way to prevent US residents from investing

I guess this would be a good place to start. https://www.fincen.gov/resources/financial-institutions/money-services-businesses My approach is to minimize the risk by sticking only to "De-Centralized Virtual Currencies", and I do not even live in the United States nor am I a US Citizen.

Here is an interesting article on FinCEN enforcement from the perspective of a legal firm. http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=4dea5c6a-110a-4949-a5dd-a82c034210b1

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:34:41 AM

it is OK, you will have a chance to participating a few thousands more ICO just like SONM using scam eth platform this year, whoes allowing U.S resident to join. so no worry much as you wouldn't miss anything.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
jlspartz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:42:49 AM

there is no assurance whether this ICO is legit. didn't you just read that they edited the ratio lately? during the start of ICO 1 ETH = 606 SONM tokens but just recently 1 ETH is now 2000+ SONM tokens. would that be fair for those who bought during the start?

if you wanna invest and yet you are from US, just wait till it gets listed on exchanges.

Dollar amount didn't change, just the ratio of SONM to ETH due to major ETH price increase.  Fair would mean there wasn't a Pre-ICO.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:29:14 AM

it is OK, you will have a chance to participating a few thousands more ICO just like SONM using scam eth platform this year, whoes allowing U.S resident to join. so no worry much as you wouldn't miss anything.

So Ark is what you believe in?

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Kazkar

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:59:32 AM

Soon will start ISO SONM.  Smiley Smiley We are waiting for new investors. VPN can help for participation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: