Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:23:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best graphics cards?  (Read 444 times)
sushimi123 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:53:25 AM

Hey as I cant get my hands on any rx 470/80's im looking for some suggestions as alternates with the best hashpower (has to 20 or over) and a friendly cost, also I dont know if this matters but I want to build a rig with 6+ cards.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:59:31 AM

Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB or 6GB are about your best option out of what is more readily available to put together a rig ASAP with all the same cards, at a resonable cost. BBT posted a video of the 6 card rig he built with the PNY GeForce GTX 1060 3GB XLR8 OC Edition

165+ GPU
1000+ MEM
~23.5mh ETH and ~268 SOL/s ZEC each @ ~60W per card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uhSfOpvHks&feature=youtu.be&t=7295

Dag won't reach 3GB until early next year, so you should be good until then. The only problem with the 3GB cards you won't be able to dual mine effectivly.
sushimi123 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:06:20 AM

Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB or 6GB are about your best option out of what is more readily available to put together a rig ASAP with all the same cards, at a resonable cost. BBT posted a video of the 6 card rig he built with the PNY GeForce GTX 1060 3GB XLR8 OC Edition

165+ GPU
1000+ MEM

Dag won't reach 3GB until early next year, so you should be good until then. The only problem with the 3GB cards you won't be able to dual mine effectivly.
Hey ive been in bitcoin for a while but honestly im pretty new to altcoin mining, could you explain what you said about the dag reaching 3gb, also dual mining. Should I wait for the dedicated miner card that nvidia is coming out with very soon?
Nalut

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:14:59 AM

165+ GPU
1000+ MEM

Hey ive been in bitcoin for a while but honestly im pretty new to altcoin mining, could you explain what you said about the dag reaching 3gb, also dual mining. Should I wait for the dedicated miner card that nvidia is coming out with very soon?
Get your self gtx 1070/1080/1080ti cards to mine Zcash Siacoin and DGB coin, if you want Ethereum mining go for RX 470/480/570/580 cards, if you can't find these GTX 1070 can do a good hash rate but cost more money.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:23:17 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 03:34:45 AM by Vann

165+ GPU
1000+ MEM

The mining cards that Nvidia will be realsing will be based on the 1060 from what I have read. Mainly just without a video output. I think performance will be similar, maybe ~10% - 20% better and probably cheaper since they only have a 3 month warranty. The Dag is the dataset needed to be stored in memory for the POW mining algorithm used by Ethereum. It grows in size by roughly 0.73x per year. Current size is ~2.1GB and once it exceeds the VRAM on the card, it can no longer proceses the transactions required for mining. Dual mining is a feature where you can mine two diffrent POW algorithms at the same time, therefore incressing the efficiency of mining.
sushimi123 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:35:56 AM

165+ GPU
1000+ MEM

The mining cards that Nvidia will be realsing will be based on the 1060 from what I have read. Mainly just without a video output. I think performance will be similar, maybe ~10% - 20% better and probably cheaper since they only have a 3 month warranty. The Dag is the dataset needed to be stored in memory for the POW mining algorithm used by Ethereum. It grows in size by roughly 0.73x per year. Current size is ~2.1GB and once it exceeds the VRAM on the card, it can no longer proceses the transactions required for mining. Dual mining is a feature where you can mine two diffrent POW algorithms at the same time, therefore incressing the efficiency of mining.
Thank you! does the difficulty increase as more miners/higher hashrates come in similar to bitcoin? Wow ive never heard of dual mining, so you could get almost double your profit, as long as the altcoin has similar profits? Does it run slower or can this cause overheating on your hardware?
nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:48:06 AM

165+ GPU
1000+ MEM

Thank you! does the difficulty increase as more miners/higher hashrates come in similar to bitcoin? Wow ive never heard of dual mining, so you could get almost double your profit, as long as the altcoin has similar profits? Does it run slower or can this cause overheating on your hardware?
Yes, difficulty increases the more miners mine that coin. No, you can't get double profits but you can get a bit extra. It will cover the power cost and then some (depending on GPU and power costs) but you won't get close to double.

Check out Claymore's ETH miner, that's the only dual miner available and only supports a few select coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: