Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on future of Siacoin  (Read 1548 times)
ragnarvolarus (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:56:48 AM

So, I'm thinking about starting to mine some Siacoin, but my concern is this:

It seems to me that they're trying to compete with the likes of Google and Dropbox and that's a mighty task. Also, Sia seems like an improved way for people to store a bunch of illegal shit, which is a bit morally disconcerting to me. Yeah, I know, its going to happen regardless, but still, ha. Would love to hear opinions on both sides as to why Siacoin will or won't succeed.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:35:48 AM

Interesting question, but you are only focusing on the negative.  It would be the same argument to say... Why should we care about the future of bitcoin, as it's only used to buy drugs on Silk Road.  There are so many other use cases for Sia that don't involve nefarious dealings.  Sia doesn't have to dominate the online storage market, it just has to carve out it's niche and it will work out just fine.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:55:12 AM

Sia provides low-cost decentralized storage. What people host using it ultimately will not affect it's value, because due to it's nature nobody will actually known except for the people themselves.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:30:54 PM

On one hand SIA's future seems bright but on the other hand, I am not sure if it will ever rise in value to $ because they gotta keep the hosting price low in order to compete.
Everything is a bit blurry to me.
overnightmillionaire

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:42:22 PM

Great idea, but these single niche coins will never be anything of great value in the future. They will exist.. but there will be other coins (platforms) that complete blow them away.

AltcoinTrader15

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:50:12 PM

SIA is a great coin with a good team backing it up. Even if it hits 10 cents it will still be much lower than its competitors such as Google and Amazon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: