Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:47:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Best Free Bitcoin VPN Provider?  (Read 351 times)
fabrizeo (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:28:47 AM

Hello All,

Is it recommended to use a Free VPN while doing Bitcoin Transactions?

I found this top 10 list: https://anonymster.com/top-free-vpn-server/

I tried CyberGhost they have a free tier but it's pretty slow but it's still acceptable...

Do you see any dangers of using a Free VPN or you rather recommend me a paid VPN?

Your thoughts?

Thanks
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:24:51 AM

Hello All,

I tried CyberGhost they have a free tier but it's pretty slow but it's still acceptable...

Do you see any dangers of using a Free VPN or you rather recommend me a paid VPN?

Your thoughts?

Thanks

I hope paid option is mostly preferred by the people in the corporates and local business. Cisco client connect is the paid vpn connect using tokens with the uninterrupted services. You can find the other free VPN plug ins and application available in filehippo and softtonic. You can utilize it.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:48:26 AM

I prefer paid VPN because it is faster and more secure, I have recently bought two years offer on PureVPN for just $60, you can search for similar one, there are a lot of VPN providers that accept Bitcoin, and most of them have special discounts.
fabrizeo (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:23:33 PM

Hello All,

Your thoughts?

Thanks

I hope paid option is mostly preferred by the people in the corporates and local business. Cisco client connect is the paid vpn connect using tokens with the uninterrupted services. You can find the other free VPN plug ins and application available in filehippo and softtonic. You can utilize it.

Alright thanks for your answer ! I'll check it out
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:13:43 PM

To just make bitcoin transactions I don't think we should use VPN if you are not involved with some shaddy businesses or darkweb marketplace. However for moderate personal privacy, TOR browser could be enough and most of the bitcoin web wallets also have their TOR version.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:25:35 PM

using a VPN isn't really going to change much about you using bitcoin, the transactions don't record IP addresses that you are trying to hide yours. unless there is something i am missing here!

and as far as VPN goes, being free or paid doesn't change much. you need to look for more important factors such as what logs they keep, is the encryption good and what options they offer, are they transparent, are YOU leaking IP even while using a VPN or Tor even.

pay a visit to privacytools.io it has some good information regarding these stuff.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:26:37 PM

Hello All,

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Out of free ones you have OperaVPN which comes as extension on the opera browser (tho they operate more as proxy and you have their app for android, speed and everything is okay; also I have also used these out of free ones : http://justfreevpn.com/ , www.tunnelbear.com.

To be honest VPN gives you more privacy but you need to trust them as they can monitor all of what you are doing, keeping it all https removes them the ability to see your passwords and all but still they can track you. Paid VPNs are faster and more convenient they also tend to say  that they do not keep no log policy. But don't just blindly go for that no log policy just because they say that, you never know who to trust these days.

Some paid that are not US based (can pay in BTC):
 Italy    AirVPN.org
Panama    NordVPN.com
Sweden    oVPN.se
Sweden    VPNTunnel.com

There are a lot of providers...

To just make bitcoin transactions I don't think we should use VPN if you are not involved with some shaddy businesses or darkweb marketplace. However for moderate personal privacy, TOR browser could be enough and most of the bitcoin web wallets also have their TOR version.

Problem with Tor is that governments can see that you have connected to a node in the TOR network and they might start to look what you are doing and what were you doing before, they still can't see what are you doing while you are connected to a TOR network as it is all "well encrypted" and also nodes don't get the full info about you. But anyway everyone can run an exit node.

fabrizeo (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:44:17 PM

Hello All,

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Out of free ones you have OperaVPN which comes as extension on the opera browser (tho they operate more as proxy and you have their app for android, speed and everything is okay; also I have also used these out of free ones : http://justfreevpn.com/ , www.tunnelbear.com.

To be honest VPN gives you more privacy but you need to trust them as they can monitor all of what you are doing, keeping it all https removes them the ability to see your passwords and all but still they can track you. Paid VPNs are faster and more convenient they also tend to say  that they do not keep no log policy. But don't just blindly go for that no log policy just because they say that, you never know who to trust these days.

Italy    AirVPN.org
Panama    NordVPN.com
Sweden    oVPN.se
Sweden    VPNTunnel.com

Problem with Tor is that governments can see that you have connected to a node in the TOR network and they might start to look what you are doing and what were you doing before, they still can't see what are you doing while you are connected to a TOR network as it is all "well encrypted" and also nodes don't get the full info about you. But anyway everyone can run an exit node.

I tried TOR it is slow as hell ! Taking ages to get connected to a page and video streaming being impossible. I might be unlucky :/
fabrizeo (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:43:16 PM

I wouldn't use free VPN because they might add advertising, steal/sell our information or have slow connection. I would recommend paid VPN or at least limited time trial VPN instead.

Hello All,

Your thoughts?

Thanks

To be honest VPN gives you more privacy but you need to trust them as they can monitor all of what you are doing, keeping it all https removes them the ability to see your passwords and all but still they can track you. Paid VPNs are faster and more convenient they also tend to say  that they do not keep no log policy. But don't just blindly go for that no log policy just because they say that, you never know who to trust these days.

Italy    AirVPN.org
Panama    NordVPN.com
Sweden    oVPN.se
Sweden    VPNTunnel.com

I tried TOR it is slow as hell ! Taking ages to get connected to a page and video streaming being impossible. I might be unlucky :/

It shouldn't be that slow, i think your internet connection is slow, didn't configure tor properly or simply connect to slow nodes.

I download a free vpn for android last year i had to format my phone ! didnt know this could be so lethal for my phone... some kind of malware was installed seems like with the VPN and it cause serious harm to my phone, so thanks for the reminder !
lizardbtc

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:16:41 PM

I download a free vpn for android last year i had to format my phone ! didnt know this could be so lethal for my phone... some kind of malware was installed seems like with the VPN and it cause serious harm to my phone, so thanks for the reminder !

It shouldn't be a problem if you downloaded the app from the app store (yes they might ask for access to some parts of your data on the phone) but playstore is trying to cut off the malwares. Simply because google is behind it and they do not want bad things to be heard about them. Have you downloaded some 3rd party software or something else not from playstore? Because if you did that is prob the case why you got it.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:19:41 PM

Does using VPN in making transaction really helps? I usually just use a mixer or tumble my coins in different wallets online to help with the anonimity. I haven't tried using vpn yet so I don't know if it helps. Anyway, a paid vpn service is always better than free ones even the cheaper.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lizardbtc

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:05:18 PM

Does using VPN in making transaction really helps? I usually just use a mixer or tumble my coins in different wallets online to help with the anonimity. I haven't tried using vpn yet so I don't know if it helps. Anyway, a paid vpn service is always better than free ones even the cheaper.

I think that it helps if you use the core client ONLY. Because when you use something like an electrum other nodes will receive the IP from the electrum server to which you have connected to. As it depends on the node that broadcast the transaction - people will see this IP (you can also look this up on blockchain.info), but IP doesn't mean a thing when most people don't use their own core clients to broadcast the transactions to the bitcoin network.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

Hello All,

Your thoughts?

Thanks
If you are looking for any resource which can make you earn money but available without any cost, then you are just wasting your time.
Why would anyone let you use anything free when they have to bear the cost of maintaining it. They may offer a trial service, but there will always be restrictions to use it for optimal results.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: