Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:50:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU/Z170a issue  (Read 348 times)
drak24 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:28:22 AM

I have 6 rx 470s on risers running on a z170a motherboard. The issue I'm having is if I use one video card, everything runs nicely. 4 or more it gets crazy, in the sense that I have the following problem. The computer boots but everything is pitch black on the desktop like in the photo:
https://i.imgur.com/taSyK47.jpg

If I go into the bios and turn off Above 4G Decoding then the computer will boot fine and show all cards with exclamation marks, turn it back on and i'm back to sq one. I have tried setting the PCIe to gen 1 and gen 2, I've updated the bios, I'm not sure what else to do. If you have any suggestions, please offer them, thanks.
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:56:47 PM

You MUST have above 4g enabled to get more than 4 cards working.

First, make sure that Windows is installed in UEFI mode. If not, you will have to reinstall.

If Windows is installed in UEFI mode, then try this:
Plug only 1 card in, disable above 4g encoding, use DDU to uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, use pixel patcher, restart and set bios to above 4G enabled. If Windows boots, then plug 1 card in at a time until you get 6.

For drivers, if you have RX 480 then use 16.x.x driver. I personally use 16.9.2.
If you have RX 580, then you have to use 17.x.x driver, but use mutated version that has 16.x.x files. Search the forum, this has been posted multiple times.
drak24 (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:34:15 AM

You MUST have above 4g enabled to get more than 4 cards working.

First, make sure that Windows is installed in UEFI mode. If not, you will have to reinstall.

If Windows is installed in UEFI mode, then try this:
Plug only 1 card in, disable above 4g encoding, use DDU to uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, use pixel patcher, restart and set bios to above 4G enabled. If Windows boots, then plug 1 card in at a time until you get 6.

For drivers, if you have RX 480 then use 16.x.x driver. I personally use 16.9.2.
If you have RX 580, then you have to use 17.x.x driver, but use mutated version that has 16.x.x files. Search the forum, this has been posted multiple times.

Thank you, I've tried variations of this from what I've read hear and couldn't get it to work. This order did though, appreciate it!
MR.KAT

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:21:11 AM

Hi

Guy's

Im new to this mining stuff .. I was wondering if you guys can maybe help me . What GPu's can i buy that gives me a hash well over 380 H/s and has the least problems to setup .

Please Help

SA Miner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: