Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:14:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 chips avalon module board fired up, help! <3 picture uploaded>  (Read 5398 times)
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:30:27 PM

You need a higher wattage supply.

Not anymore! He's down 20 Watts Wink

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:51:40 PM

I'll offer 1 BTC to buy the fried submodule.

PM me if you're interested.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
leiyplane (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:03:44 AM

I suppose that you could fix this by yourself, it is very easy to get such components at electronic shops. Or you sell the chips and make BTC right away Grin

I agree you can better fix this yourself, just replace it and see if it burns out, if it does something is drawing to much power.

"the power supply is antec 650W, there's no problem with PSU."

You need a higher wattage supply. When you run one that close to the limit, you highly increase the amount noise on the power rails. The component failure on this board is probably related to that.

Thanks all of you for advice.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:07:37 AM

Good to know. I'll make sure to oversize the psu when I build mine.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 01:31:32 AM

leiyplane, you seem to have 2 if not 3 decoupling capacitors at the 12V input that burned out. Maybe faulty caps. Can I offer to buy your board for 2 BTC? Or I can offer to fix it for free if you want it back... I can cover shipping costs. I would be interested to study the board in my hands out of pure curiosity. Email me at m.bevand at gmail.com

Also, the people recommending you a higher wattage PSU are wrong. A 3-module non-overclocked Avalon draws only 500W @ DC (12V + 5V + 3.3V). A 650W PSU is plenty enough (~77% load).
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:06:21 AM

I suppose that you could fix this by yourself, it is very easy to get such components at electronic shops. Or you sell the chips and make BTC right away Grin
He ought to sell it to a developer. I am sure they would love to take an early look at one of the modules to get a headstart on the open equipment version.

P.S. Whatever you do, don't sell it to anyone at BFL. They will reverse engineer the Advanced ASIC technology from the Chinese people.  Cheesy Wink
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:14:35 AM

He ought to sell it to a developer. I am sure they would love to take an early look at one of the modules to get a headstart on the open equipment version.

P.S. Whatever you do, don't sell it to anyone at BFL. They will reverse engineer the Advanced ASIC technology from the Chinese people.  Cheesy Wink

We can pool some money together and send it to BKKCoins... he is the one on the cutting edge of an open source Avalon DIY PCB... can we make an offer?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:38:03 AM

P.S. Whatever you do, don't sell it to anyone at BFL. They will reverse engineer the Advanced ASIC technology from the Chinese people.  Cheesy Wink

We can pool some money together and send it to BKKCoins... he is the one on the cutting edge of an open source Avalon DIY PCB... can we make an offer?
Damn, the Avalon components are worth something even when they break down. Might as well be solid gold.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:00:41 AM

P.S. Whatever you do, don't sell it to anyone at BFL. They will reverse engineer the Advanced ASIC technology from the Chinese people.  Cheesy Wink

Damn, the Avalon components are worth something even when they break down. Might as well be solid gold.

Well the chips are...

I would rather he gets it fixed and keeps hashing... but damn it be nice to get some of these chips in designers hands today. The DIY avalon will be the way we the people can keep pace with larger entities who are building larger and larger farms.

I hope you can take your module in and get it fix OP... I am sure you can find someone to do that but if you can't let us help you scavenge it for the DIY Avlaon community out there.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:02:34 AM

Or I can offer to fix it for free if you want it back... I can cover shipping costs. I would be interested to study the board in my hands out of pure curiosity. Email me at m.bevand at gmail.com

Also, the people recommending you a higher wattage PSU are wrong. A 3-module non-overclocked Avalon draws only 500W @ DC (12V + 5V + 3.3V). A 650W PSU is plenty enough (~77% load).

+1 Love the people in this community!

leiyplane (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:14:55 AM

leiyplane, you seem to have 2 if not 3 decoupling capacitors at the 12V input that burned out. Maybe faulty caps. Can I offer to buy your board for 2 BTC? Or I can offer to fix it for free if you want it back... I can cover shipping costs. I would be interested to study the board in my hands out of pure curiosity. Email me at m.bevand at gmail.com

Thanks for your advice.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:25:21 AM

Thanks for your advice.

How about my 2 BTC offer? Not high enough? Smiley So how about 4 BTC to buy the broken board?
leiyplane (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:25:44 AM

Well the chips are...

I would rather he gets it fixed and keeps hashing... but damn it be nice to get some of these chips in designers hands today. The DIY avalon will be the way we the people can keep pace with larger entities who are building larger and larger farms.

I hope you can take your module in and get it fix OP... I am sure you can find someone to do that but if you can't let us help you scavenge it for the DIY Avlaon community out there.

I'm not plan to fix it, I think the PCB is broken up.

I hope my experience can help other people, if someone(Avalon Customer) have the same experiences with burned module board, and let Avalon BOX resume operation faster.
leiyplane (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:47:13 AM

PM
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: