Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:30:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to mine at home for a Beginner  (Read 2410 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:31:50 PM

What is the best altcoin for a beginner to mine? Theres no right or wrong answer here, im interested in your experiences as a seasoned and experienced miner.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:56:52 PM

Why not to try ethereum or monero? There are a lot of guides on the internet, you can just surf and search info how to start. Also mining those two, will give you a good profit in advance.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:13:50 PM

What is the best altcoin for a beginner to mine? Theres no right or wrong answer here, im interested in your experiences as a seasoned and experienced miner.

you can find your answers at whattomine.com 

if you write your hash rates on it, you can see how much you can earn in one day or week or month, in different 30 coin type.
gatorNic

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:35:26 PM

you can find your answers at whattomine.com 

if you write your hash rates on it, you can see how much you can earn in one day or week or month, in different 30 coin type.

+1  Need to find a coin that is good for your hashrate otherwise you are just wasting it.   Can always exchange. 
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:54:11 PM

I think Monero is the best option for altcoin mining, after mining you just exchange it either for bitcoins or for physical cash. You must first find miners for the specific coin.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:49:43 PM

My best advice for a beginner would be to mine for a pool that does the guessing for you.  I personally mine at Prohashing.com.  It controls what coins it is mining, and pays you for your hashing power every time you submit some work.  You can get paid out in about 100 or so different coins, and can choose what % of each coin you want to be paid in. 

Other than that, I use to mine at ipominer.com, which was decent as well.  Whatever coin was deemed to have the best payout at the time was what you would be mining.  The biggest problem was you had no idea what you were mining, and would have to find a place to sell the coins that would accept them.  Last I checked the hash rate at that site was down alot, so I recommend someplace larger like Prohashing.com. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:48:46 AM

I like to mine the coin nobody else is mining. I once mined a coin by myself with 1MH for the summer of 2014 and after it pumped I dumped the coins after holding for a while and made 2 btc which of course paid for the video card and electricity and then a lot more.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:31:04 AM

That is a great idea as well, only problem is no one will tell them which coin they found that is basically in-mined, so will take a lot of homework.

My other suggestion, if not just for humanity sake, which I "mine" with my Video cards is Curecoin.  I make around $0.33 a day with 1 old video card running at medium load.  You basically sign up for folding@home.  Your computer works helping scientists find the cure for cancer, and other diseases ect.  Make sure you join the Curecoin team.  Then every night they run a script that sees how much work your computer/computers submitted and pay you accordingly.  There may be other coins still paying out more mining with video cards?  So can't say for sure.  I can say the coins themselves sell fairly quickly on Bittrex, which is an added bonus.   

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
fikihafana

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:02:57 AM

You can mine monero at home using your cpu for beginning, if you want to make profit so you need to buy GPU or Asic hardware
moneropoolnl

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:24:01 AM

You can start mining monero with Claymore CPU miner on a pool https://moneropool.nl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: