Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH sell now then re-buy later?  (Read 3773 times)
jb810 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:23:00 AM

Hello,

This would be pure speculation, I know, this is more of a "what would you do?" question.

I bought $2,000 US worth of ETH when it was trading at $240 US. I see some analysts saying that ETH will hover around $320-390 before a crash happens. I am sure it will rebound nicely after this supposed crash but would you sell ETH now while you're still in the green, keep the USD in your wallet and then re-buy when/if ETH falls?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:59:30 AM

That's what I did at 150$  Grin

I'm still waiting to buy again.

If you want to sell, don't sell all your coins, at least, if it goes up again, you'll still have a bunch with you. Anyway that's what I would do today after I've seen my fail.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:06:45 AM

That seems a good strategy. I see this rise as a bubble so I speculate that it will drop soon. And it is not wrong to book a profit anyway. You can buy again anytime and wait for another profit.
imabadguy

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:49:45 AM

good trader. im still waiting for it falling down again too. hope we will get lucky. Smiley
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:56:49 AM

Sell a half and rebuy when it falls and keep in your own wallet a half. YOu will make profit by the end of 2017. Why, There are many projects based on ether blockchain,. What does it mean? They need etherium coin to make their projects succesfull. every projencts will involve thousand people so you can estimate how much profit do you want to make at the end of 2017.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:13:13 AM

That's what I did at 150$  Grin

I'm still waiting to buy again.

If you want to sell, don't sell all your coins, at least, if it goes up again, you'll still have a bunch with you. Anyway that's what I would do today after I've seen my fail.

Yes, you never should sell any of your coins all if you invested for long term perspective. I always keep some coins for the long term and some for the short term profits. So when I make some profit then I sell my short term profit coins and again wait for buying at a lower price. Anyway, we all tend to do mistakes and learn from that experience.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:57:28 AM

i personally prefer to stay as active as possible in the altcoin market or i will stay away if i can't for example i am busy and keep my funds in BTC form.
so if you ask me it is best to sell while you are still in a nice profit and don't wait around, and that goes for all the altcoins. then start looking to find where the next profit is located. then invest in that to make more profit while your previous coin (which now you are out of) stays the same or drops. then at the bottom of it you can go back in but never wait around.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
pangerankecil

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:02:10 AM

I see you understand in trading but I see now Eth in Bittrex trading for the price is down, is it the same as other trading sites, I have not looked for other trading sites so I do not know it.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:11:59 AM

Hello,

This would be pure speculation, I know, this is more of a "what would you do?" question.

I bought $2,000 US worth of ETH when it was trading at $240 US. I see some analysts saying that ETH will hover around $320-390 before a crash happens. I am sure it will rebound nicely after this supposed crash but would you sell ETH now while you're still in the green, keep the USD in your wallet and then re-buy when/if ETH falls?

Buy the dip. Always buy the dip
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:29:26 AM

I have just a few in case it gets pumped, however, I sell everyone I mine on a daily basis.

I just can't trust a coin that is owned by 1 person in a proportion of 85% since genesis block.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:35:56 AM

Hello,

if you want to take big risk juat try to sell your money and buy on the dip. I mean if you are feeling worry about that and just try to short it. The price will get recover asap

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

Hello,

You already made a profit, but I don't think is a good time to sell now as the cryptocurrencies are facing a "dump" these days because of the bitcoin price that has been decreased too much. I think that I would hold a little bit even though the price is going lower and lower (in the past 2 days ETH price dropped for $50+) that's a huge loss for you.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 07:50:16 AM

Seem to much already, I might just forget ETH this time, keep the ETH left on my wallet and focus more on some token that I can afford. There are just more that worth trading. WAVES I guess won't leave until we get more for our bags to hold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:38:44 AM

I am also waiting to reach 150$  based on my speculation it may reach in next 2 months . I sold some of cryptos in last week when price was in peak like bitcoin around 2980 and ether some where around 390$.
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:42:16 PM

It will go back up again, many ico's in the near future.
Selling out now would be a mistake.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:45:23 PM

Right now it seems to be going back up. But what you said is true. That is what you try to accomplish, but you will rarely do a perfect "sell at top, buy at bottom", because you don't really know when the top nor bottom is. So you might screw up a few times, and actually buy at top and sell at bottom, trying to stop your losses Cheesy
ClaraLuV

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:09:22 PM

Selling ETH when the price peaked was really a good option looking at the price today,but there were many variables to think other wise,if i had a clue that the market is going to correct itself i would have probably sold some coins and would have planned on re entering later.

aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:25:37 PM

Hello,

i think it is reasonable. drop will continue until 18 june. if you sell all your eths you can take double of it after 3 days.  thats it what i will do. i sold all my eths yesterday. and waiting for june 18.
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:58:15 PM

Hello,

i think it is reasonable. drop will continue until 18 june. if you sell all your eths you can take double of it after 3 days.  thats it what i will do. i sold all my eths yesterday. and waiting for june 18.

It seems it starting to recover. Why June 18 is so special?
jb810 (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:25:31 AM

Thank you everyone for the replies!

After posting this, the next morning (6/15/2017) ETH dropped at one point to $251 USD. But I did not sell any. Seeing how it recovered nicely (338.56 USD at the time of this posting) I think I will wait until it gets back to the $375-390 USD as that seems to be the current resistance level.

I currently have 6.8633 ETH coins. I believe it will reach the ~$370 price again tomorrow (hopefully). At that point I will sell 3 ETH coins to keep in my coinbase wallet, roughly half, and gain back $1,110 of my initial $2,000 buy in.

BTW, earlier this week I purchased the lenovo Y710 cube gaming PC with the AMD RX 480 8GB graphics card so I can start mining ETH coins. Based on rate for this graphics card, I should (in theory) be able to mine .5 ETH each month.

But I am curious, did anyone sell today (6/15/17)?

Good luck to all!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: