Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH sell now then re-buy later?  (Read 3773 times)
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:10:57 AM

ETH sell now then re-buy later, many users do that especially to the traders because they earn income by doing that. Also not only ETH it was possible to all altcoins that included to the trading sites.
tarver

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:44:53 AM

My strategy is to buy after a major ICO, and sell right before a major ICO.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:29:00 AM

ETH sell now then re-buy later, many users do that especially to the traders because they earn income by doing that. Also not only ETH it was possible to all altcoins that included to the trading sites.

I hope people have bought ETH when the price was down. Because right now the price has rebounded and its hard to buy bow. But if you have bought already then I think must better to hold for now. Looks like ETH can really soar this year and may possibly over take bitcoin market. Hold and then sell later if you think you have profit huge.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:23:01 AM

Actually It's difficult to make a decision of selling now and buying later because you can't estimate whether it will go up more or crash.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:55:17 AM

I'd rather keep my Ethereum than selling it and re-buying it again. It's value now is kinda high for you to wait and re-buy them again, I don't know but maybe it's just me.

bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:44:13 AM

Actually It's difficult to make a decision of selling now and buying later because you can't estimate whether it will go up more or crash.
i do not think that we need to sell Etherium right now. the best decision will be to hold it for some more time because d not expect that the price of Etherium will comedown any more. because there are more expectation after bitcoin to increasing more and therefore people are also trading Etherium.
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:01:40 PM

Selling now and re-buy later only applies to day traders. They do not expect anything about the investment as long as they will receive profit at the end of the day. If you want to invest, hold it as long as you want, then sell it when you need cash.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:40:59 PM

My strategy is to buy after a major ICO, and sell right before a major ICO.
I dont really understand your strategy how major ICO can change ethereum value even why do i need to sell before major ICO. In some case both happens like one major ICO finished and another ICO started immediately???
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

Selling now and re-buy later only applies to day traders. They do not expect anything about the investment as long as they will receive profit at the end of the day. If you want to invest, hold it as long as you want, then sell it when you need cash.
The word you said it in this thread sell it when you need cash thats what we expect from all source of income .But OP mentioned only for long time investor not for day traders they cant sell immediately and buy again same day.
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 04:47:48 PM

its very risky actually, eth could pump to 500-600 and find new floor and youre fucked.

crypto is crazy, my advice, hodl longterm, eth is and will be for some time amazing, ignore the fud, buterin is a genius
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:59:18 PM

I think right time to buy ethereum because this coin have big potential to be next bitcoin in my opinion only.  Many people as of now buy ethereum so the price is continue to increase maybe the price of ethereum before the end this of this year will hit 1000 dollars each.
krypt0n1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:15:27 AM

It really depends on how active you are able to be in the markets.
It's often that people sell hoping it will go lower but it suddenly pumps and they are either forced to wait and HOPE it goes down or end up buying at a higher price and have a lower position than their initial one. It's tricky because of the heavy manipulation in this space and both come with risks. If you set alerts or limits and are able to check frequently, then it MAY pay off.

Herman Hesse

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:59:30 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 10:23:56 AM by Herman Hesse

Since there are already too many topics about ETH, it makes no sense to open new one, so I will put my question here.

What do you think - could you calculate and elaborate - the extent of influence of major ICO to the price of ETH.

Of course that many factors influence the price of coins, (other news and announcements, whales pumpo and dump etc), but since there are many projects that at ICOs collect only ETH - could we set some percantage as approximation?

For example, such large ICO as BANCOR,

(has set a new record by raising about $153 million in ether)

in my opinion, raised the price of ETH some 3 -10 % during the last days of that ICO, let say 10-30 USD.

Some smaller ICO, I believe, could not influence the price more than 1-2 %.. perhaps $100 million of raised ether in ICO is 6-7 % price pump on those days.

Another question - since I am new here I have not followed that -  if ICO lasts longer time, let take one month as example, when is the demand for ETHs the strongest - perhpas at the end of ICO period?

peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 446

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:25:01 AM

I think right time to buy ethereum because this coin have big potential to be next bitcoin in my opinion only.  Many people as of now buy ethereum so the price is continue to increase maybe the price of ethereum before the end this of this year will hit 1000 dollars each.

If really has a good potential to got a good price at the end of the year. As you have said, people are predicting that it can be the next bitcoin and become the no. 1 currency. But for me, the price is too steep to buy. I might just wait till it drop a few before I jump in.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:46:44 PM

its very risky actually, eth could pump to 500-600 and find new floor and youre fucked.

crypto is crazy, my advice, hodl longterm, eth is and will be for some time amazing, ignore the fud, buterin is a genius
Yes you are right investing in any kind of coin is now very profitable and a source of increment for sure. As you never should send any of your coins all if you invest in it for long time respectively. Keeping some coins for some long term and some for short term for profit. So if one Make some profit  then should sell the coins kept for short time again can wait or can buy at low price. And can keep it for future purpose. We all do some mistakes and learn from it and it would be a great opportunity to get used to buy and sell coins to get profits.
canvan

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:49:01 PM

Looks like OP was spot on about ETH, I wonder if the current prices are the low or if it indeed will crash below $300. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the dip but I don't want to buy in too early.
IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:52:00 PM

Ethereum market is very volatile these days and it's extremely risky to make this sort of trades in ethereum. You better buy and hold or sell and exit.
Zitudent

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:50:08 PM

Ethereum market is very volatile these days and it's extremely risky to make this sort of trades in ethereum. You better buy and hold or sell and exit.

I think it is better to buy when the price drops and hold for the long term.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:29:23 PM

I had 2.99ETH on Bittrex. Sold 2 for BTC to stop losses, but re-bought one by 95% the price that I sold. I was thinking it would stop there, but is still falling.

I also sold the remaining 0.99ETH for LTC, got some 8LTC I think. But LTC is also falling (in relation to BTC), did I have a good choice? Or should I have sold all for BTC?

Now I'm with 1ETH in the exchange. Can't sell all, this would legitimize the damage.

There's also nearly 3ETH in three different wallets. Should I sell them?

There's a lot of things being developed for ETH, big companies have put money on it. I don't think this is the end.

barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:04:34 PM

good time to buy eth Huh
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: