Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Coin for making loans  (Read 359 times)
metka183 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:38:13 AM

Hello, I am trying to develop a Coin based on Ethereum, which enables you to loan it out. It will be designed in another way than loans are today, so that you will always get your money back. The interest rate will be set globally by all users. Please tell me, whether it makes sense to create this Coin. And which Coins are already created to provide loaning.
Lankster

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:58:59 AM

It's a cool idea. But yea to enforce that people always get their money back is a little far fetched...

Especially in the crypto space. Deregulation, decentralized...hard to track who loaned what and how do you enforce someone to pay back? There's no such thing as a crypto credit rating
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:08:30 AM

Yes, i agree this is a good idea and people can save from cheaper interests rate.
Getting people to repay the loan is the main issue.

You can refer to Populous which is offering supplier financing using invoices. Maybe you can think of an idea.

Good luck to your project.  Smiley
metka183 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:45:05 PM

Ok, the idea is to peg the token to ether. By depositing ether into the contract (which I am developing), you will be getting tokens, which you then can transfer to someone else. If you withdraw your ether, the tokens will be diminished at a certain rate when time passes by. So this token cannot exist without ether. I don't know, if this token will be worth something, but if it does, it would be a kind of a loan. Or what do you think?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: