Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: drop of the value... any reasons?  (Read 2805 times)
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:25:57 AM

best thing we can all do is just stop using bitcoin, sell it all , let the price drop back to $10-$15 and see how the miners with their asics feel with a 12.5 BTC block reward and no way to cover their mining costs.  Then once they've all gone bust we can get a functioning system back again - apologies to all those who will lose their shirts during the process though.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1285

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:32:13 AM

i hope the pullback stops soon

Why? The lower the price drops, the cheaper you will be able to buy some more bitcoins. Most of this is just short-term speculators running around like headless chickens and selling when they see the slightest drop in the price. I just love it when the price drops like this. Last time I was able to buy loads of cheap coins and I sold it for triple the value I bought it at. < Yes, I had to wait for a year, but I made huge profits >

The distribution of coins are spread uneven, with a small percentage of people owning a lot of coins and then a large percentage of people owning a small percentage of the remaining coins. This makes bitcoin price manipulation possible, when a few of these whales dump some coins. < They dump, wait for the price to drop and buy in cheap again when other people start to panic sell >   ^smile^

no, this is the way to go, i'm not long in crypto and already
this year I have seen this rise and drop in value
and people buying and selling in a frenzy.

play it cool, buy low!  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pierr (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:46:18 AM

Hi,
i'm trying to understand why all crypto and especially BTC is falling dow since 48h? It's because the fear of the segwit to come in several weeks? Is the chinese market trading low?...
I think this is currently the same big falling as the one of the previous 25 may.. it dropped of 33% in 4 days, now we see almost the same loss.. But i can't really know why.
Pierre

There is small little idiot in China who thinks he deserves all the power to control Bitcoin.
That's why we are dropping.
Typical FUD and empty talk in my opinion. I will sit it out as I have done before. What goes up will come down. And what is down will go up. This is Bitcoin!

Really? main reason is from china want to control btc? i think its extremly dangerous to let chinese people to get the 75% of crypto because of the government could do anything anytime by not respecting any rules. This could be becoming a economic war (because usa is nearly dead). But this is my neebie opinion.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:46:33 AM

Hi,
i'm trying to understand why all crypto and especially BTC is falling dow since 48h? It's because the fear of the segwit to come in several weeks? Is the chinese market trading low?...
I think this is currently the same big falling as the one of the previous 25 may.. it dropped of 33% in 4 days, now we see almost the same loss.. But i can't really know why.
Pierre

All good things have to come to an end, bitcoin prices are no exception.

The pump was a pretty long lasting one with several adjustments along the way, although bitcoin still was able to pull through all of them and keep on going up. It does seem like that the $3k was the final barrier that bitcoin isn't able to break, and when that wasn't able to happen i guess a lot of traders just panicked and sold their bitcoin for quite a cheap price, driving the price down.

I would say it's another correction of price that happens more or less regulary. Many altclooins have dropped also. But it's not the time for panic. In situation like this many users, especialy those unexperienced start to fear they will loose funds and want to sell as soon as possible. Don't fall for this.

Agreed. Maybe it's the final dump, maybe there is going to be more pumps coming. Either way there is no need to worry as long term bitcoin is going up for sure.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:51:26 AM

best thing we can all do is just stop using bitcoin, sell it all , let the price drop back to $10-$15 and see how the miners with their asics feel with a 12.5 BTC block reward and no way to cover their mining costs.  Then once they've all gone bust we can get a functioning system back again - apologies to all those who will lose their shirts during the process though.

No way, I don't want to see the price of bitcoin back at 2 digits of dollar per bitcoin. For sure there are FUD that are being spread again into the bitcoin community and starts to make some false information for most of the users and it gives some fear to them if they won't sell today, China also is doing something crazy now.
pierr (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:02:13 AM

Thank for all for your opinion.
Its clear that there is many parameters:
-a coming soon update of btc and this create a little panic
-a roof a 3k$ not breakable (for the moment), and thats make a little panic
-its a normal situation when the price rising high and during pretty long time

What i can't understand is, because of ethereum should be a nice challenger of btc, if btc drop, eth should rise.
But it seems this is a global rectification after several rize for all money. And it is much more complex to understand, i think.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:02:30 AM

Looks like another correction price but I'm not really sure though what really  is the reason why it is dropping down lately. Have to read more updates and news, anyways if it still keeps on going down we better take advantage and buy bitcoin while the price is still low.

unknown04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Art is the triumph over chaos

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:13:40 AM

This might be the reason : http://www.coindesk.com/traders-plan-correction-cryptocurrency-market-tops-100-billion/
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:24:42 AM

Hi,
i'm trying to understand why all crypto and especially BTC is falling dow since 48h? It's because the fear of the segwit to come in several weeks?

No. Not likely at all. If people were scared of the fork then they would have pulled out of bitcoin long ago, not now. It's not like they didn't have access to info that states that there is going to be a UASF at 1st August before this week.

Is the chinese market trading low?...

China probably doesn't have the #1 position in influence in btc anymore so no. This is due to their exchanges getting scrutinized by their central bank.

Just a correction. It may bounce up or it may just stay at this price level but it seems unlikely that it'll go down any further at the moment.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:25:26 AM

What a nonsense is that. If you changed the metric to total supply on the coinmarketcap website, you would have noticed that we have gone through the $200 billion mark several times already.

People here should learn to look further than what they see on first sight......

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
BitcoinzB

Activity: 210

💰💰💰💰

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:31:14 AM

To me it just looks like a small correction, nothing to worry about.
I was reading some articles claiming that a crash is about to happen and predicting every bad thing on earth, but that's just nothing more than an exaggerated statement to gain views
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:47:13 AM

To me it just looks like a small correction, nothing to worry about.
I was reading some articles claiming that a crash is about to happen and predicting every bad thing on earth, but that's just nothing more than an exaggerated statement to gain views

The guys who write those articles to spread panic are the same whales who are using bear tatics to enrich themselves: dump the coins and buy it cheaper later.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

It's called shaking of the tree, to remove weaklings.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:14:20 PM

best thing we can all do is just stop using bitcoin, sell it all , let the price drop back to $10-$15 and see how the miners with their asics feel with a 12.5 BTC block reward and no way to cover their mining costs.  Then once they've all gone bust we can get a functioning system back again - apologies to all those who will lose their shirts during the process though.

I doubt anyone would want the price to drop to that price and start over again. It may not even recover at all if it dropped that low even if it was initiated by users. And what is the assurance the problem won't repeat after your plan?
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:17:20 PM

Who would know the entire and exact reason/s, right? It seems illogical to me (the price drop) since we are about to welcome Australia this coming July. It should have been going up by now since we only have half a month to witness this.

At some point, I have read a post in this forum that someone cashed out a huge amount of Bitcoin and it triggers the decline in Bitcoin's price.

When both bitcoin and altcoin price is going down, it only means one thing. People are cashing out their money. You can see the ecosystem going on. When the price of bitcoin in terms of dollar is increasing, then altcoin prices are going down (in bitcoin terms) and vice versa. But if both of them are going down, then the fiat money supplied is going down.

Apparently someone sold $839K worth of bitcoins. (Source) It's pretty annoying seeing people talking that ETH is starting to take over when in fact ETH is just crashing as much as bitcoin does. There's no competition going on at the moment, really. People are simply cashing out huge amounts of money.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Wintorez

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:52:52 PM

Dont worry you need to come back to start moving straight Wink
If to speak frankly, Well, probably I wish you that bitcoin has a little lowered, so that it was possible to buy more coins. Everyone knows that Bitcoin will grow and get into this very hard. But to take advantage of short-term falling Want many too.

............It's never late to buy BTC for $1.........
........Services-backed cryptocurrency of $1 000 000 000 000 market .........
...........PRE ICO            Sep.27 – Oct.04............
       ............ICO            Oct.10 – Nov.07............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:07:57 PM

Hi,
Pierre
do not panic !! Now prices start to improve and increase again, the price of some exchange has reached 2300USD. It seems yesterday only a short correction. It really affects the belief of bitcoin users, we see at this time that the volume of transactions began to run normally. It indicates the price of bitcoin began to rise again and ogled many people.
mol76

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:22:09 PM

Hi,
Pierre
The reason is the Core/Blockstream are about to force a contentious fork on the blockchain.  This is about the same as a ship hitting an iceberg.  Maybe it will survive; maybe not.  But in either case, it is very fucking bad.  

Blockstream thinks they own the blockchain and that they should be able to monetize all small transactions. They fucking ruined it.  Go buy Ethereum now.  Ethereum is the de facto world currency and monetary platform.  Even Microsoft (and many, many other important companies) is investing large teams of people to work on Ethereum integrations.  Ethereum is very well organized and moving forward with development.  Bitcoin has been infighting for 2 years now - making no progress at all.  How long are you going to wait around for a solution while the other platform flies like a rocket to the moon?  Bitcoin holders are fucked.  Especially once the fork hits.  

Do you really think a two year Bitcoin war and those 'leaders' at Core are what you want to bet on? lol.  That is otherwise known as a 'pig fuck'.  
Yeah bitcoin is basically fucked. I have invested most of my bitcoin in ethereum because it seems to be constantly rising in price.

Ethereum was hard forked last year and this year it went up 3000%, so ...
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:45:25 PM

I always thought that bitcoin can't be destroyed from outside. What will actually happen is internal dispute and fracture of BTC which will lead to total crash.
Bitmain/Blockstram and idiots who think that they deserve to own blockchain are to blame. They are already rich and they thigh they can be even richer by stealing the cake.
Maybe I will sell all my BTC and end it all?

leexhin

Activity: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:49:38 PM

I think the one going price drop to be the one which is just getting prepared for the next price pumping to reach $3000. It has been quite sustained for a long and now from the past few days after being close to $3000 the gradual decrease has happened and now nearing to $2500. Can expect a big price pumping in a short.
Yeah it has been like that for a few times right I mean the price would drop and some investors would wait till the price that they want,
Then suddenly the price would pump up because of those who bought a large number of bitcoin while it is at a low price so I am really waiting for the pump.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: