Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:19:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash rate of RX and R9 series which model of each series have better hash rate ?  (Read 295 times)
bigR (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:52:15 AM

Hi guys!
I am new in mining i want to start but i don't know which series and what model to use.
in my country power consumption isn't a problem so i just want i good hash rate with reasonable price.
i did some research but i want opinion of those who have experience in mining
if anyone can help me ill be happy

my questions is about ethereum hash rate Smiley

Thanks for your time
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

it's like you just asked what car is fastest.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
bigR (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:58:24 AM

yeah but its possible you can tell which car approximately is fastest or which is slower than the others
smaxz

VeganAcademy

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:04:56 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2017, 11:17:00 AM by smaxz

i'm glad i am able to elaborate because this is actually a good analogy for mining.

just as baha cars will be faster in varied terrain, open wheeled f1 racers are superior on flat tracks.

then there are the public offerings that can be purchased from car dealers.

if you can specify what your circumstances and specific applications are, as well as what your intention is tuning wise then one may be able to give you correct answers.

likely though a search will yield better results because the most correct answer will make you $$$ and cost everyone else $$$ due to increased network difficulty assuming they are also mining where you intend.

bigR (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:18:22 AM

Thanks for the replies

Then can i ask you how can i create a good rig for mining which factors i have to pay attentions and which i could ignore ?
smaxz

VeganAcademy

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:30:34 AM

thanks for editing to add specifics..

it's a close race on ethereum between r9 390 and rx480 if efficiency is not an issue.

you should also take into consideration the effect of rising DAG size/difficulty as some cards are more prone to losing hash as dag increases.

6 months from now my answer may no longer be accurate. if mining on ethereum is still even gpu based at all.

as for your creating a good rig question, I would suggest focusing on a dual power supply setup and sticking to quality components instead of what you can get fastest/cheapest.

also start small.

starting out you will make mistakes regardless but hopefully they will not be catastrophic costing you (expensive) hardware and you can learn and implement knowledge slowly going forward and expanding if that is what you intend.

bigR (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:57:38 AM

Thanks a lot man that helps me a lot

also last questions Smiley)

do you suggest dual mining ? and whats your opinion about best mining software for windows 10 64x ? pool mining or solo mining ?

and you said "if mining on ethereum is still even gpu based at all" do you refer to ASICs for ethereum ?

if i know programming and hardware can i build an ASIC ?
smaxz

VeganAcademy

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:14:21 PM

Thanks a lot man that helps me a lot

also last questions Smiley)

do you suggest dual mining ? and whats your opinion about best mining software for windows 10 64x ? pool mining or solo mining ?

and you said "if mining on ethereum is still even gpu based at all" do you refer to ASICs for ethereum ?

if i know programming and hardware can i build an ASIC ?

you seem to be asking the right questions now so i'm happy to guide you best i can.

it's a tough question.. i don't personally dual mine. i see a lot more lost profits in mining this way although overall there may be added gains for me.

it taxes the hardware more, draws more power and lines the pockets of those i don't wish to contribute to.

i think genoils ethminer is great software, but starting out i would not get all about the politics and mine with claymore on eth only.

i would avoid the terminology "solo mine" as well.. generally solo mining is when you are not utilizing a pool and mining directly from your full node. there is a branch of solo mining where you are on a pool but the only benefactor of a block reward but that's a different story.

just adds to confusion.

maybe "sole mine" would have a better choice of terms.. or possibly it was crafted this way intentionally to obfuscate the ability to mine without pools at all.

Ethereum difficulty is pretty reasonable if you have a small farm.. you can avoid pools and their hidden fees all together.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: