Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyne managed to get a Trusted level account at MtGox?  (Read 2269 times)
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:45:14 AM

Just checking if this is possible in practice.
MartinReynolds

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:47:14 AM

Still waiting in line to be verified.  Tongue
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:59:07 AM

Did you get any information back from the AML team?  Like your number in queue or something?
Paul89273

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:09:33 PM

Do you mind if I ask what date you signed up and what number you are in the que currently?

Just curious because it took me approximately 13 days to get verified
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:06:47 AM

Do you mind if I ask what date you signed up and what number you are in the que currently?

Just curious because it took me approximately 13 days to get verified

When you say verified - do you mean the 'Verified' level or the 'Trusted' level?
Paul89273

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:14:56 PM

When you say verified - do you mean the 'Verified' level or the 'Trusted' level?

TBH I didn't realize there was a difference?

Verified as in - Provided Passport Photo ID & Utility Bill approved by Mt Gox

What is "Trusted" Level?
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:36:27 PM

What is "Trusted" Level?

Trusted is notarized copy of ID with apostille and translation plus UtilityBill and some other stuff.  It is also described in very vague way - so you never know if you did all that is required, not to mention that somethings are impossible - like 'notarized translation' or adding 'notarized for MtGox verification' on the notarized copy of ID.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:02:33 PM

What is "Trusted" Level?

Trusted is notarized copy of ID with apostille and translation plus UtilityBill and some other stuff.  It is also described in very vague way - so you never know if you did all that is required, not to mention that somethings are impossible - like 'notarized translation' or adding 'notarized for MtGox verification' on the notarized copy of ID.
...Why are those impossible?  Many companies ask for notarized translations of foreign documents. 

Paul89273

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:58:04 PM

What is a notarized copy of ID with apostille and translation? Is this for non english documents?

Paul89273

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:00:11 PM

...Why are those impossible?  Many companies ask for notarized translations of foreign documents. 

I Googled

You cannot notarize a document or ID... you can only notarize a SIGNATURE on a document. You must prove to the notary that you are the person named in the document and the notary must personally observe you sign... so..... it can't be done on a government issued ID that has been previously signed.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:15:47 PM

I Googled

You cannot notarize a document or ID... you can only notarize a SIGNATURE on a document. You must prove to the notary that you are the person named in the document and the notary must personally observe you sign... so..... it can't be done on a government issued ID that has been previously signed.

Google's being terribly unreliable then.  Translations are notarised all the time as being accurate.  Perhaps the problem is that the term is used differently in different jurisdictions.  The witnessing of signatures is only one function performed by authorised notaries.

Translated documents must either be notarised by an Australian Notary Public, or have been translated and signed/stamped by the accredited translating service - the National Authority for Accredited Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). If you are dealing with a private translation company, please ensure the translator signs the document and that they include their NAATI details.

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/services/legalising-documents.html

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:32:15 AM

...Why are those impossible?  Many companies ask for notarized translations of foreign documents.  

I Googled

Google's being terribly unreliable then.  Translations are notarised all the time as being accurate.  Perhaps the problem is that the term is used differently in different jurisdictions.  The witnessing of signatures is only one function performed by authorised notaries.

Translated documents must either be notarised by an Australian Notary Public, or have been translated and signed/stamped by the accredited translating service - the National Authority for Accredited Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). If you are dealing with a private translation company, please ensure the translator signs the document and that they include their NAATI details.

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/services/legalising-documents.html

In Poland notaries don't do translations - then can only confirm that a copy is identical with the original.  But you can do a translation with a 'certified translator' and so 'certified translation' of a notarized copy (with apostille) is all you can get.
db

Activity: 279
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:38:05 AM

I sent apostilled documents that should have reached them on about 2013-04-30 and got the trusted status yesterday, 2013-05-07, exactly a week later.

Not that it helps me much considering MtGox has been unable send out any significant amount of EUR for at least a month now.
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:45:50 AM

I sent apostilled documents that should have reached them on about 2013-04-30 and got the trusted status yesterday, 2013-05-07, exactly a week later.

Not that it helps me much considering MtGox has been unable send out any significant amount of EUR for at least a month now.
Did they somehow acknowledged receiving the documents?
db

Activity: 279
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:48:51 AM

Did they somehow acknowledged receiving the documents?
No.
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:47:23 AM

First they lost my physical mails and asked me for trucking number then they denied my application - reason "The submitted documentation was not uploaded correctly." - but I did not upload them at all - I mailed them as per the instructions.  They have also emailed me with instructions to fill in the form for 'Verified' status (even though I was applying for 'Trusted' - but what ever) with 'Be aware that you can skip the "upload documents" part'.

I am not really surprised by the incompetence - but it is also very convenient for them to make it impossible for people to withdraw money from MtGox.
harposox

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:22:09 PM

Just checking if this is possible in practice.

Mine finally went through last week – it is not a myth, but it is not a fun process. Between notarizing, Apostille, and mailing to Japan (and having to repeat those first two steps due to incorrectly notarized documents)... big ass pain, took about 3 weeks all told. Throw in several rounds of the usual Gox Support "lost in translation" circus... grrrrr. As far as I can tell part of the problem is that their "support" and "AML" departments are separate and don't communicate with each other terribly well.

My withdrawal limits are now about half of the stated maximums (you have to ask them for specific new limits after your "trusted" status is approved), but I'm still betting that Gox is going to make withdrawing any significant sum of money as difficult as possible (I'm in the States). Dwolla, I miss you dearly. Sad
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:31:06 AM

For those who did the painful process, and succeeded, tell us more!

First question:
How should be the apostille exactly? I mean, you have (a) the utility bill and (b) a photocopy of your ID. Then the apostille itself is a kind of special stamp on (b), or is it a separate paper saying something (what?), or?...

Second question:
On their website they don't say you should have a notarized translation if it is not english, I've checked right now and it says: "If your documents are not in Japanese, English, or do not have Latin script, they need to be translated and then notarized before sending."
So my understanding is that French or Spanish would not need translation. Anybody can confirm it?

They do not mention anything like the mandatory "notarized for mtgox" btw, at least here: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21651045-AML-Account-Statuses

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:37:32 PM

So I just did this last week (In the US) and although my documents haven't yet been approved, I can at least tell you how it worked for me.

First I made copies of my drivers license and a utility bill.  Not sure if the "Notarization for the purposes of verification at MtGox.com" stuff is required or not, but I hand wrote that on my copies just to be safe.  Of course my docs were in English already, so I couldn't tell you how to handle translations as I didn't have to do that myself.

After that I went to my bank to have the two copies notarized.  If you've never had something notarized, they just put a stamp on it, sign it, and you sign it as well in the notary's presence.

After notarization, I went to a secretary of state's office to get them apostilled.  For this, they print out a sort of cover page for each document and put a sticker on it.  They then staple the cover page to the original document, fold a sticker over the top of the doc & cover sheet and put a staple through that as well. My guess is that this is to make it impossible to separate the cover sheet and original document without destroying the sticker, so you couldn't later attach the cover sheet to a different document.  Here in Michigan, the apostille only cost $2 per document (so $4 total). 

After that I mailed the docs over to Japan (cost me something like $22 for priority mail) and I've been crossing my fingers since.
harposox

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:06:33 PM

First I made copies of my drivers license and a utility bill.  Not sure if the "Notarization for the purposes of verification at MtGox.com" stuff is required or not, but I hand wrote that on my copies just to be safe.  Of course my docs were in English already, so I couldn't tell you how to handle translations as I didn't have to do that myself.

The "Notarization for the purposes of verification..." statement is absolutely necessary on both your DL and utility bill. I wrote something like "This is a photocopy of my original driver's license (or utility bill). Notarization is for the purpose of identity (or residence) verification on MtGox.com." Wait to sign it until you're in the presence of the notary, then they will add their stamp/signature. YOUR SIGNATURE IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, otherwise the notarization is essentially worthless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: