Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:29:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Encrypgen DNA token  (Read 14023 times)
ICOtimeline

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 06:42:42 PM

ICOtimeline

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 05:44:37 AM

Encrypgen Uses Blockchain to Usher in New Era of Genetic Privacy
https://cointelegraph.com/news/encrypgen-uses-blockchain-to-usher-in-new-era-of-genetic-privacy

me1507

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gon Totto

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:53:00 AM

Very nice, this will boost ICO,
There is a lot of bonus during ICO, i'd like to invest more  Smiley
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:06:14 AM

An ico that actually has a research team behind it. very cool.
ICOtimeline

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 11:41:31 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 08:03:56 PM by ICOtimeline

World premier for this information, you heard it here first, folks!

Healthcare productivity has not increased with the rest of the economy. As we live longer, with more chronic disease, this is wreaking havoc on family, and even national, budgets worldwide.
DNA-based medicine allows for more targeted spending on health according to each individual’s risk assessment or treatment, while improving benefits, which is much more efficient.
Unfortunately, the open sharing of our personal data is unsafe, for example, leading to discrimination for insurance or employment. Even for very ill patients willing to forego privacy concerns, data is close to impossible to use because it is fragmented and out of our hands with doctors, researchers, and personal DNA companies.
Until now...

Two software companies that are currently defining the new field of Cryptogenomics, Encrypgen and DNAVID, share a vision of an efficient health economy centered around each one of us, safely and fairly.

DNAVID is developing a social network that the user owns and benefits from. The network issues its own money — DNACoin — to reward those that help improve it. For example, users are paid DNACoin to enter their DNA and medical information for anonymous use. Then, they decide how their data can be used and how to spend their DNACoin. For example, anyone can sponsor research with their DNACoin, or they can earn DNACoin by allowing the use of their info by drug companies. A set amount will be sold to drug companies wishing to use the network for their research with consenting individuals. Eventually, DNACoin can be sold in exchange for money.

“Because we all are genetically connected, we all benefit from the information in each other’s genome. So it is in the interest of every one of us to have a universal pooled DNA resource, the bigger the (much) better. With user-friendly software that is trusted and safe, we will start to see the parabolic network effects as more people start joining and sharing. This then will translate into higher value of the network which will cause the appreciation of DNACoin. This in turn generates a virtuous economic cycle contrary to the current downward spiral in healthcare.”
said David Weiss, Founder of DNA\/ID, the EU-based startup that develops the open source DNA social network https://dnavid.com and mints the DNACoin cryptocurrency that is the basis of its economy. A former PhD bioinformatician, bioengineer by training, big data scientist and programmer, Weiss founded InSilico Genomics SA, creator of one of the largest repositories of genetic information for biologists InSilico DB https://www.insilicodb.com, and the personal DNA service GenePlaza https://geneplaza.com.

“This partnership affords the opportunity to accelerate the path-to-market for our complementary offerings if we can guarantee the security and the traceability of transactions, and the easy query of our user’s data with Encrypgen’s unique blockchain solutions. We have a shot at helping to solve this big problem rather quickly.” he added.

Encrypgen provides the other half of the solution, which is to keep DNA data safe and private using an un-hackable registry of transactions (a "blockchain"). The technology enforces user’s wishes, by allowing access only according to specific permissions, or to record every access, etc.  The software's specialization in DNA results in efficient query and transmission of DNA or chunks of DNA in a compliant manner. Encrypgen has its own economic token Gene-Chain Coin which is the currency for transactions of data over their Gene-Chain. Gene-Chain Coin is currently conducting a successful token sale to help fund expansion of their Gene-Chain network .

“We share a vision of improving the role of genomic data in improving personal health, and in empowering each of us in the curation of our own data. It will be an interesting experiment to see how the DNACoin and Gene-Chain Coin economies interact and we expect that the synergies between these currencies will benefit both individuals and the market for scientific data, as well as help us achieve the promises of personalized medicine.” concludes David Koepsell, Encrypgen’s CEO and Founder.
Together, these technologies promise to provide a safe and productive fresh start for human health.
ICOtimeline

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 09:20:37 PM

Project Interlinking Blockchain and Genomics Raises $824k Ahead of ICO Closure
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/01/project-interlinking-blockchain-and-genomics-raises-824k-ahead-of-ico-closure/
AHAB01

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:19:34 PM

very nice result so far, how much target for these ico dev?

80 % of the raise after marketing and bonuses is targetted for development

So 1BTC is 60,000DNA. Your target is 1000BTC.  60 million DNA sold and target reached yet 80 million are for sale. What are the plans for the remaining 20 million  DNA?

Also what does it mean in the white paper when it states:

The Conclusion of Token Sale is scheduled for July 2018.

?
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:29:35 PM

I wish this project had a bounty campaign! But nevertheless I will surely take part in ICO. It's absolutely worth it.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:39:16 PM

I wish this project had a bounty campaign! But nevertheless I will surely take part in ICO. It's absolutely worth it.

I would of liked it too but now ICO is serious business and many big fish and capitalists coming in, so many projects are not interested in small fish. BIG FINANCE is moving into Crypto now but even as small investors if we find good projects such as this we can invest. It looks very promising.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
cryptowizard_93

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:39:11 PM

Is anyone able to join their slack?  I used to be in the channel, now when I log in im greeted with 'Your account has been disabled, please contact team admin"

When I create a new slack account with a new email address, I just never recieve the invitation email.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks
ICOtimeline

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

Is anyone able to join their slack?  I used to be in the channel, now when I log in im greeted with 'Your account has been disabled, please contact team admin"

When I create a new slack account with a new email address, I just never recieve the invitation email.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks

What is your username?
Zonyc

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:39:56 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 01:13:51 AM by Zonyc

Folks stay away from this one. After reading the whitepaper, they have made strong assertions which are categorically false. For example, they have suggested that intelligence and personality are directly attributable to genetics with no effect by or consideration of environmental contributions (see the many twin studies on this very topic). Any second year undergrad biology student knows that this is completely false. However, when I brought this up in their slack, I was provided a link with a paper authored by the founders which did not corroborate this assertion.  When I brought this up again in their slack, a fellow named michael messaged me saying that he had ample evidence that intelligence is determined by genetics, removed the messages I had posted and then banned me.  If the authors can't take criticism and cannot provide evidence which clearly corroborates their findings, then it suggests that this is a fly by night operation not worth of investment. Given that there are literally thousands of ICOs available to chose from, there is no reason to pick one in which the authors are clearly uneducated about this topic and who chose to ban skeptics rather than engage them. If the authors cannot get second year undergrad biology straight, what else have they screwed up? Honestly I would have just closed slack and moved on but after being banned, it suggests that censorship of dissenting opinions is occurring and this is something that should be made clear.

Relevant bits from the "whitepaper" "... DNA contains information on a person’s ethnicity and heritage" and "...personal traits such as intelligence and personality". It's absolutely true that genetics play a role in many diseases processes and disorders, but to suggest so boldly that so many characteristics about an individual can be derived from genetic material given our current technology is pushing the boundaries of reality.

Despite all of this ridiculousness. I made it clear that the multichain tech this firm was planning to use was very interesting and did not see any red flags with respect to their tech stack as outlined in the whitepaper or the development team . In addition, one of the cofounders, David was very polite to me in slack and it also seems that Vanessa (cofounder) is an exceptional research scientist. This is why to me it's so bewildering that statements that I've outlined above have made it into the whitepaper...
crypto_investor

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:37:50 AM

Folks stay away from this one. After reading the whitepaper, they have made strong assertions which are categorically false. For example, they have suggested that intelligence and personality are directly attributable to genetics with no effect by or consideration of environmental contributions (see the many twin studies on this very topic). Any second year undergrad biology student knows that this is completely false. However, when I brought this up in their slack, I was provided a link with a paper authored by the founders which did not corroborate this assertion.  When I brought this up again in their slack, a fellow named michael messaged me saying that he had ample evidence that intelligence is determined by genetics, removed the messages I had posted and then banned me.  If the authors can't take criticism and cannot provide evidence which clearly corroborates their findings, then it suggests that this is a fly by night operation not worth of investment. Given that there are literally thousands of ICOs available to chose from, there is no reason to pick one in which the authors are clearly uneducated about this topic and who chose to ban skeptics rather than engage them. If the authors cannot get second year undergrad biology straight, what else have they screwed up? Honestly I would have just closed slack and moved on but after being banned, it suggests that censorship of dissenting opinions is occurring and this is something that should be made clear.

Relevant bits from the "whitepaper" "... DNA contains information on a person’s ethnicity and heritage" and "...personal traits such as intelligence and personality". It's absolutely true that genetics play a role in many diseases processes and disorders, but to suggest so boldly that so many characteristics about an individual can be derived from genetic material given our current technology is pushing the boundaries of reality.

Despite all of this ridiculousness. I made it clear that the multichain tech this firm was planning to use was very interesting and did not see any red flags with respect to their tech stack as outlined in the whitepaper or the development team . In addition, one of the cofounders, David was very polite to me in slack and it also seems that Vanessa (cofounder) is an exceptional research scientist. This is why to me it's so bewildering that statements that I've outlined above have made it into the whitepaper...

This individual was told *3 TIMES* to post his ramblings in the #random channel, and was banned for not following the rules.

They don't care if you want to deny that the sun exists, or if the Earth is flat, just don't do it on the #general channel.

Very simple. Follow the rules, and stay.
Zonyc

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:14:11 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 08:51:59 AM by Zonyc

This individual was told *3 TIMES* to post his ramblings in the #random channel, and was banned for not following the rules.

They don't care if you want to deny that the sun exists, or if the Earth is flat, just don't do it on the #general channel.

Very simple. Follow the rules, and stay.

I was told very clearly that general was for discussion of the platform. Apparently discussion of the whitepaper and the contents of it are not considered related to the platform. Seconds before being banned, michael stated to me "My personal opinion as someone that has been reading science for the last 20 years, is that there's virtually no argument, whatsoever, that Intelligence is genetic. There's a deluge of evidence." and then linked papers which do not support his position. In the first paper linked to me by michael: "We show that the identified genes are predominantly expressed in brain tissue, and pathway analysis indicates the involvement of genes regulating cell development (MAGMA competitive P = 3.5 × 10−6)." It's a pretty big leap to suggest that SNPs or loci that correspond to expression of genes involved regulating cell development implies that intelligence is genetic. Further, the study referenced analyzed over 78,000 individuals all of whom were of European descent, which reduces this study's explanatory power.  Lastly, the authors of the paper have said 'The current genetic results explain up to 5% of the total variance in intelligence." I completely agree, that as usual, more studies are needed, but to suggest right off the bat that intelligence (and ethnicity and personality) are determined in the manner described in the whitepaper is disingenuous.

The next paper he provided me with does not even address the issue we were discussing. It seems like random papers were strewn about in the hopes of dissuading any further investigation. The paper stated "The combined (and all three individual samples) showed a small positive phenotypic correlation between intelligence and lifespan." Okay? How is this even relevant to the discussion of genetics influencing intelligence. This paper discusses the correlation among intelligence and lifespan NOT intelligence and genetics. Source: https://academic.oup.com/ije/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/ije/dyv112

I could keep going on like this for the remaining 3 papers cited to backup these claims, but it's mostly the same thing repeated. The point is, if such unfounded statements are being made in the whitepaper, then it suggests to me that other areas may also be lacking. In addition, the banning individuals who want to support these types of endeavours by ensuring accuracy is just silly and frankly pisses me off. If you are going to run a platform dedicated to storing genetic information, you have to expect that individuals who have training in the field will look on with interest. Have you really not had Vanessa, Barry, Nick or another advisor proofread the paper?

HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:08:49 PM

are you planning an exchange listing? bittrex would be great
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:56:18 AM

See our ICO review of Encrypgen - https://coins.best/ico-reviews/encrypgen/
Any kind of feedback is welcome - feel free to comment on the review itself
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 06:33:43 PM

they will have an online wallet upgrade released soon, then the coins can be bought and sold. current ico holders are locked.

See our ICO review of Encrypgen - https://coins.best/ico-reviews/encrypgen/
Any kind of feedback is welcome - feel free to comment on the review itself

good summary and review  Smiley
BibleToken Official

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:35:24 PM

Reserving German translation if needed
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 02:24:10 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 02:42:27 AM by klintay

are you planning an exchange listing? bittrex would be great

yes we are very close to be listed on an exchange. The symbol will be DNA. For now you can trade encrypgen token OTC here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2167287

For those who missed out on the ICO or want to pick up more tokens.

Interesting article about multichain, the tech behind the encrypgen blockchain:

http://www.the-blockchain.com/2017/08/02/gideon-greenspan-multichain-launches-production-ready-version-1-0-fourteen-new-partners/
meccaflare0

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:39:35 AM

Your link you posted lead to a 403 error cmon man
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: