Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - Withdrawals and trades halted to allow password changes.  (Read 1448 times)
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 10:39:29 PM

TradeHill has recently learned that a large number of user accounts at Mt Gox have been compromised. Because of the possibility that our users may have used the same password on multiple exchanges, we will be halting the ability to trade or withdraw funds on TradeHill for a few hours. We hope this will give all of our users time to reset their passwords if needed. This can be done in the profile menu. This is merely a precaution, and we do not have any evidence that our site has been compromised in any way.

TradeHill will assist Mt Gox in any way possible and we will work together for the benefit of the Bitcoin community and movement.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:42:32 PM

Thanks.
noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:42:52 PM

TradeHill has recently learned that a large number of user accounts at Mt Gox have been compromised. Because of the possibility that our users may have used the same password on multiple exchanges, we will be halting the ability to trade or withdraw funds on TradeHill for a few hours. We hope this will give all of our users time to reset their passwords if needed. This can be done in the profile menu. This is merely a precaution, and we do not have any evidence that our site has been compromised in any way.

TradeHill will assist Mt Gox in any way possible and we will work together for the benefit of the Bitcoin community and movement.

Good.

Nice profile pic btw, looks like a stickman running away with a bag of BTCs. Smiley

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 10:52:57 PM

Good.

Nice profile pic btw, looks like a stickman running away with a bag of BTCs. Smiley

He was actually protecting the Bitcions but I went ahead and changed it to our TradeHill logo seeing as this account now represents the company and not just my personal posts.Thank you though.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
PHPAdam

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:59:46 PM

How about introducing a new layer of security, send everyone a unique 4 digit pin number to email.
Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 12:06:36 AM

How about introducing a new layer of security, send everyone a unique 4 digit pin number to email.

Yea, they can store it in the database, no one will get that.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
Isepick

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 12:40:10 AM

Sending a verification code via SMS like Gmail's 2-step would be nice. Probably a bitch to implement though.
PHPAdam

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:31:38 AM

Yea, they can store it in the database, no one will get that.
Not if they do it correctly.
The point I was making was everyone's emails and passwords may be compromised. So offer something other than email and password is the only way to put themselves at a distance from MtGox data leak.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: