Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Every ICO can F*ck off, especially SONM.  (Read 3569 times)
vlad06 (OP)

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:10:18 PM

These ICO models really do not work any longer. It's just impossible to get into them in time. Many like me failed at getting on Bancor even though the ETH was sent in good time, it eventually came back as transaction failed.

I had the SONM ICO countdown loaded 8 minutes ago and when it hit '0 seconds left' the entire site went down, and now refuses to load. The Telegram channel is 50% goons trying to swindle people into sending ETH to a false address, and the other 50% is people complaining that the site isn't loading or the real address isn't working.

Fuck every ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 05:11:40 PM

These ICO models really do not work any longer. It's just impossible to get into them in time. Many like me failed at getting on Bancor even though the ETH was sent in good time, it eventually came back as transaction failed.

I had the SONM ICO countdown loaded 8 minutes ago and when it hit '0 seconds left' the entire site went down, and now refuses to load. The Telegram channel is 50% goons trying to swindle people into sending ETH to a false address, and the other 50% is people complaining that the site isn't loading or the real address isn't working.

Fuck every ICO.

I got into Wagerr ??

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
vlad06 (OP)

Activity: 537

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:21:28 PM

It's all bollocks. Why does it have to be so shoddy?
2bfree

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 05:27:48 PM

It's all bollocks. Why does it have to be so shoddy?

I think most people on this planet are selfish scum and here they get to "shine".

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Urban Crypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 05:28:55 PM

We had just posted our thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1968364.0 and had to update about the crash.  What the hell is going on?

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com
sentinal

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:42:11 PM

Bitcointalk is full of children.

Ok, so you can't get into the most hyped icos EVER. maybe get off icocountdown.com and do a lil research for yourself. No problem getting tons of Wagerr, Dcorp, ZrCoin, PING.

SONM looks to be a scam, so the fuck what, stop ruining the board with your noob fud. If you don't like DON'T BUY! pretty simple. the games up, everybody caught onto making tons of money off ICOS now it's too late - you should be happy you didn't get in by your very attitude

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:57:29 PM

their days are numbered. most of them are gonna go down in history as a total waste of money and life the same way all these 'country coins' did.
maku
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:34:55 PM

ICOs should be either regulated and bounded to follow some rules to protect investors or should be forbidden.
There is no way that you can invest into something which offers no investor protection.
Greedy investors are unable to comprehend what risk they've agreed to by trusting their money to ICO managers.
There is rarely any innovation these days and certainly no decentralization.
snowyNNN

Activity: 422

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:46:43 PM

Maybe make the Ico open to all not just the few whales with tens of thousands of Eth to invest with huge transfer fees.

In my model an Ico would last a couple of days to a week and all participants would get tokens. If the total was capped at 50000eth for example not just the first investors would get their share but everyone would get a percentual share. So with a 50000 Eth cap and total collected was 100000 Eth, everyone would get 50% in tokens and rest of their Eth refunded.

I quess the big whales could still overbuy to get a larger share but this model would make all participants token holders nevertheless instead of having to buy them from the whales at an exchange at a second tier market..

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:02:22 PM

You know its bad when Vitalik Buterin is getting sick of ICO scams
considering ETH is mainly used for ICOs right now.

We ICO bubble now boys.
Make some money while you can and get the fuck out before this shit comes crashing to the ground.
In five years (maybe less) this ICO thing is going to be a wasteland.
Most of these companies don't actually do anything but make a coin and put it up for offer on the exchanges.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:12:20 PM

are you sure about the years thing? more like five weeks or months. there are plenty of precedents for these things failing to deliver in a much shorter period of time. and they don't even need to not deliver, all that needs to happen is more than one trader wondering what the hell they've spent their money on, and then another, and then another for the house of cards to collapse.

maybe ethereum itself won't exist in five years.
sefo

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:19:31 PM

Didn't get in either although I sent eth right when the website started to load. Yeah, this distribution model is completely useless. When it hits the exchange, price x5 ...
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:47:58 PM

are you sure about the years thing? more like five weeks or months. there are plenty of precedents for these things failing to deliver in a much shorter period of time. and they don't even need to not deliver, all that needs to happen is more than one trader wondering what the hell they've spent their money on, and then another, and then another for the house of cards to collapse.

More like by the end of the year when BTC starts to appreciate again. The gimmick's become too saturated and overused now.
Make your money though
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Merit: 521

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:53:23 PM

ICOs should be either regulated and bounded to follow some rules to protect investors or should be forbidden.
There is no way that you can invest into something which offers no investor protection.
Greedy investors are unable to comprehend what risk they've agreed to by trusting their money to ICO managers.
There is rarely any innovation these days and certainly no decentralization.
I thought of this as well but this is the price we pay for a decentralized system , there is so much deception and people go scot free with their investors money and nothing can be done about it. This is were we would appreciate a centralized system to protect investors and make sure upcoming projects have a chance of surviving and not gifting the person behind the project.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:55:52 PM

I thought of this as well but this is the price we pay for a decentralized system , there is so much deception and people go scot free with their investors money and nothing can be done about it. This is were we would appreciate a centralized system to protect investors and make sure upcoming projects have a chance of surviving and not gifting the person behind the project.

true decentralisation is a luxury not permitted at these price levels. they capture the attention of the law and you can almost guarantee that some laws somewhere have been broken.

if they'd thought it through properly then they would either not run them at all, go through every possible legal outcome with a fine tooth comb or make sure no one would be identifiable.

when things are under the radar it doesn't matter. back in the day you could buy bitcoin with paypal directly inside the blockchain.info wallet. that was only possible because paypal didn't know.

same goes for this.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:14:38 PM

there has to be a way to make them work, but greed and dumb money are a deadly combo

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
paramind22

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 10:02:07 PM

POSWallet was a good one but I may have missed it's high.

CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 10:33:33 PM

This is what happens when people flock to stupid ICO's run by god only knows who (most likely a bunch of kids by the looks of it)

If they can't run a ICO successfully.. You think they could run a super computer?

Wake up..

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:50:33 PM

Probably this. Like Satoshi said, in 10 years time Bitcoin will have either great value or no value at all.
In 5 years time ICO's would go away or stay stronger. I think SONM is one of the good ICO's if they deliver the project.
ColorlessK

Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 12:43:19 AM

Why would I say that SONM has any competitive edge over the other ICO's from the last month? There has been a lot of good ICO's lately so the competition is though I'd say

H  Y  V  E
WORK
REDEFINED.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
[][]█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LAUNCH APP
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀