Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just have the best idea to help people and make BTC even bigger  (Read 5735 times)
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:18:59 PM

As we all know that BTC is all around the media lately and most people doesn't know what exactly is BTC,  considering that it is hard to explain to them how it does work, most people will attempt to ask why is it so valuable, which will lead to the first answer  Silk Road and drugs and stuff....

-it was hard for me to explain to people around me what is BTC and even harder to convince them that the coins are not just used to purchase drugs and/or any illegal service or goods, and it is being used widely all around the world and each day it is gaining new users. in one word mainstream .

-We all know that there is allot of people who needs help all around the world mostly in Africa ( I have been there I know how it is)  and I am 100% sure that allot of us once saw a documentary or a post or picture or a film .....  and we all had that moment that you thought if I could help in some way .

- UNICEF is the biggest Organisation involved in Africa. they mainly operate with the money that people donate, not only in Africa but all around the world,  I am sure that allot of you out there once thought how can I help, and you really did want to help somehow, but between you lost the will because it just seemed allot of work or maybe you just didn’t have time or you didn’t know how to.

So if somehow we can convince UNICEF to take donations in BTC and make it viral, allot of people will donate money to help kids out there in Africa by just clicking one button,BTC will go so viral, and with this we will prove to the world once again that BTC is so big and the users of BTC are legitimate and this will just Add a big + to our community.

I do not  disclaim that BTC will be never used for illegal matters, but we all know that through all times people used all kind of currency’s to do this stuff, BTC is not changing that, BTC is changing the meaning of a currency.

I would like to ask from moderators to stick this post on all forum sessions, just for the sake of people out there waiting for help and for the sake of new push for BTC

If this will work I am donating 2 BTC 

SAQ

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:24:17 PM

Its only a matter of time before charities accept btc. They have nothing to loose and plenty to gain. I think some charities even already do accept them.

I really like your idea though.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:26:36 PM

Why would they bother do that?
If people wanna donate, they can give usd, euros or whatsoever.

Btc will never help to buy any supply / workers to be there / and so on. That will just be a pain in the ass for them.
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:32:13 PM

Btc will never help to buy any supply / workers to be there / and so on. That will just be a pain in the ass for them.

as long as it is free it wont be any problem for them, and yes people will massively donate coins even if it is 0.001 it is something for them , this will bring us widly to media=> more attention => more people will know about BTC => bring attentions to investors => new adopters => more value to BTC.

you just missed the point 
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:54:39 PM

Bitcoin is great for donations, there is no reason not to do it.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:56:02 PM

Sure, why not?

Great idea!
Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:37:50 PM

Why you made this thread and then did not provide any of Unicef's contact info is beyond me. But here you go:

http://www.unicef.org/about/contact_contactusform.php
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:50:02 PM

Why you made this thread and then did not provide any of Unicef's contact info is beyond me. But here you go:

http://www.unicef.org/about/contact_contactusform.php

thank you, we have to gather up here as many as as we can, it is not a one day project, if there is allot of us willing to seriously contribute than we will contact them. we cannot contact for 2 or 3 users, we have to bring the media attention .
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:03:28 PM

people everywhere are more than willing to accept a cu
rrency if it will help their pocketbook or their cause. the real problem is not spending or accepting, it's getting it in the first place. people will only use bitcoin if its less than 3 clicks away. that's where things like bitcoin atm 's come into play.
dorift_it

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:21:05 PM

as long as it is free it wont be any problem for them, and yes people will massively donate coins even if it is 0.001 it is something for them , this will bring us widly to media=> more attention => more people will know about BTC => bring attentions to investors => new adopters => more value to BTC.

you just missed the point 

great thinking Smiley
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:28:28 PM

i suggested something similar (except going to higher education)
the responses are good for all these idea.. but, we need people to actually put their BTC on the line..

ok
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:35:37 PM

It's projects like these that can help combat some of the negative press out there.  Not saying this is the exact way or not, but I agree something charitable, in a BIG way, needs to come out of the Bitcoin community.  

It's benefits are just limitless for Bitcoin and for humanity.  Its a win-win, thus it's a no brainer.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:38:49 PM

A long time ago I contacted UNICEF on behalf of Bitcoin100 and they didn't want to accept btc even with no exchange fee or processing difficulties.

CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:40:49 PM

So what specifically do you want to do?

I would suggest contacting Unicef to see if they have an interest in this, offering to help them gather BTC donations and implement the required changes on their web-site.

Good idea, hope you can push forward with it.

superduh

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:45:56 PM

people everywhere are more than willing to accept a currency if it will help their pocketbook or their cause. the real problem is not spending or accepting, it's getting it in the first place. people will only use bitcoin if its less than 3 clicks away. that's where things like bitcoin atm 's come into play.

Got me thinking: What if 1% of every Bitcoin purchased through an ATM would be automatically donated to UNICEF, and if this would be clearly stated on every Bitcoin ATM?

That would NOT increase the cost of Bitcoins by much
That would associate good cause with Bitcoin (which is needed to compensate for / decommission the association with drugs and illegal causes)
That would give the media more positive stories to write about
That would strengthen the public support for Bitcoins ATMs and therefore make them more difficult for regulators to ban
That would help a good cause ALLOT eventually

Opinions?

NO! it's not a donation if it's mandated - it's called a fee. then how would we get a consensus on where that fee would be going to?

ok
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:46:00 PM

Op why don't you contact Bruno (Phinnaeus Gage) at Bitcoin100 and donate your 2 btc?

mmitech (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:47:01 PM

I already contacted UNICEF on behalf of Bitcoin100 and they didn't want to accept btc even with no exchange fee or processing difficulties.

you maybe did as individual, but we will do it as a group of people, they will have to accept it, just think about it , if we go massively they wont be able to refuse, such a big organisation will lose trust if it gets a decent amount of donation and refuses.

I know that there is some individuals who did try before, but if we go all at once they will have to accept it, otherwise we will bring the media attention to that either ways.

I really have a good felling about this, and I know that allot of people out there would like to help, I am just asking you to give your word here and we will manage somehow to get to them.
bitchris

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:48:54 PM

1BTC if you get Unicef to accept BTC on their website
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:49:00 PM

people everywhere are more than willing to accept a currency if it will help their pocketbook or their cause. the real problem is not spending or accepting, it's getting it in the first place. people will only use bitcoin if its less than 3 clicks away. that's where things like bitcoin atm 's come into play.

Got me thinking: What if 1% of every Bitcoin purchased through an ATM would be automatically donated to UNICEF, and if this would be clearly stated on every Bitcoin ATM?

That would NOT increase the cost of Bitcoins by much
That would associate good cause with Bitcoin (which is needed to compensate for / decommission the association with drugs and illegal causes)
That would give the media more positive stories to write about
That would strengthen the public support for Bitcoins ATMs and therefore make them more difficult for regulators to ban
That would help a good cause ALLOT eventually

Opinions?

there you go, we need people to think this way, this is another option as well
superduh

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:49:35 PM

mmitech -
you should consider the approach i suggested last month.
make a POT of bitcoin donations and an organization that MEETS a certain criteria (doesn't have to be specifically UNISEF) who wants it will have access to it. that way when the pot grows BIG ENOUGH people will be all to eager to take it. (with stipulations like not being able to convert to fiat for 6 months or something)

ok
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: