Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:43:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it worth to build a rig as etherium POS so close ?  (Read 773 times)
talboris2 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:53:07 AM

Hi
what your opinion for building a rig,  Etherium POS will happen in 3 months..
i am planning on rx570, so as i far as i know, its good mostly for Etherium
is it worth to get in now?
Lordpschorr

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:57:41 AM

Etherium POS will happen in 3 months..

where can we read about this statement? Huh
talboris2 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:18:01 AM

ppl talk here about it..idk their sources..
pindis

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:22:33 AM

I read that it was supposed to happen mid 2018
ccccccc7

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:26:03 AM

ETH POS has no official release statement, however, I watched a video of one of the developers saying this is going to happen in the next update. (I think it was called Caspa?)

People have been posting threads the same as this since September last year and if you listened to the nay sayers back then you would have missed out on, at least in my case, a minimum of 300% ROI to now.

I think there will always be something to mine but its your choice.

Never risk more than you are willing to loose.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:43:18 AM

ETH POS has no official release statement, however, I watched a video of one of the developers saying this is going to happen in the next update. (I think it was called Caspa?)

People have been posting threads the same as this since September last year and if you listened to the nay sayers back then you would have missed out on, at least in my case, a minimum of 300% ROI to now.

I think there will always be something to mine but its your choice.

Never risk more than you are willing to loose.
Casper. Bunch of people are also saying it won't happen as it would somehow destabilize ETH. There's always a coin to mine, though, and worse comes to worse you'll need to mine a less profitable coin in the future, for example Zcash.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:13:37 PM

Ether PoS is going to happen..... at some point.  There's a lot of speculation and conjecture around when it will actually happen, and the ETH team has already put out a statement clarifying they anticipate a capser rollout to be phased in and it won't replace PoW overnight.  Which is wise for many reasons.  I think it's realistic to expect a START to a PoS transition sometime within 3-18 months.  Given that development is prone to unforseen issues and that guaranteeing network stability is a top priority I doubt we'll see an immediate or even rapid transition from PoW to PoS in a very short time frame. 

I'd expect WHEN they're ready to push casper to the livenet there will still be at least several months of the chain being predominantly backed by PoW, giving miners plenty of transition time.

ROI on cards is still in the 60-100 day range (if you can find any) so it's still probably a safe bet from a return standpoint.  Unfortunately after ROI you're prospects for longer term profits are up in the air, and no one can really give any definitive answer to that, I'd bet even the ETH dev team would have a hard time telling you with certainty what the time table would be.
ten9

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

According to this http://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-big-switch-the-new-roadmap-to-proof-of-stake/

POS intruduced with Casper will be rolled out as gradual, every 100th block or so will be "mined" with it only, so it seems they will take careful path there.
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:51:51 PM

According to this http://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-big-switch-the-new-roadmap-to-proof-of-stake/

POS intruduced with Casper will be rolled out as gradual, every 100th block or so will be "mined" with it only, so it seems they will take careful path there.

This is true you can still mine ETH during this slow roll out to POS, or you could mine ETC or Zcash..
kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:15:47 PM

This is true you can still mine ETH during this slow roll out to POS, or you could mine ETC or Zcash..

Slow rollout it will be indeed. Lots of hot air will be wasted. Lots of missed deadlines will be made.
Vitalik will go bald sooner than ETH switches to POS.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:17:33 PM

That's only 1% of the blocks, not a big deal at all.

The ether teams knows better than to do something crazy when the asset is valued over 30 billion.

It will take years to switch over fully to pos which they are more likely to do hybrid for security.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: