Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:47:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: switching from btc to alts? Can altcoins sustain upward trend?  (Read 26405 times)
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:08:50 PM

The dominance of the bitcoin is dropping significantly and there are issue about the transaction fee and then there is also an issue of forking really make bitcoin unstable, and in the other hand alt coin keep on showing its potential, if this keep on continue bitcoin can lost the top place, but for now bitcoin still strong on the top and it is not that easy to replace bitcoin
Well I don’t agree with this bitcoin is still the most trusted coin in the cryptocurrency. There is no doubt that the alts may be offering a low transaction fee but look at the market cap of bitcoin and that alt if they both have the same market cap then this comparison will be right otherwise of no use.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Anyone who ignores alts as inferior is very shortsighted, and has missed a ton of profits. Likewise it would be silly to ignore bitcoin, though the faster they make changes to decrease fees and make it more scalable the better. None of these are good as currencies, except tether, because they are too volatile. I see them more as small cap stocks or commodities.. fixed supply with varying demand.  
There is something that many of the people on the forum forget while they make a comment regarding the cryptocurrency. The cryptocurrency is no doubt one of the most risky investment and when it comes to profit while commenting about profit we just measure the profit and not the rest of the growth. Once the alts may have been profitable for someone and too in short run in long term it is bitcoin which provides you the highest and the safest profit

I don't quite understand what you mean by that

If you are going to say that Bitcoin is less risky (on average) than most altcoins, then I will most likely agree with but not without reservations. First, Bitcoin itself is as risky as hell, even if it has been growing more or less continually for nearly two last years (many Ponzi schemes lasted longer, a lot longer). Second, average means nothing in the world of finances and investments ("past performance is not indicative of future profits"), so right now Bitcoin may in fact turn out to be riskier than major altcoins, and you should proceed from that in your investment decisions, not some past values

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: