Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 08:29:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advise about hardware needed!  (Read 413 times)
metodijus (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:40:10 AM

Hello guys

First of all I will like to say that I apologize if i open this topic on wrong place .

I am 38 years old guy and want to start working with cryptocurrency. I read a lot online ,different opinions ,suggestions ...

What I am interested in if some of you know to give me more technical advise on what I need to buy to really have profit out of this .

What kind of PS you recommend ?

Which graphic cards will be the best ? ( I am planing to put up to 6 in one PC)

Is it performance on graphic card  same for  Ethereum or Bitcoin ? I read in some articles  that some cards are better for  Ethereum and some are better for Bitcoin is this true ?

Which cryptocurrency you recommend ?

How the box need to be build ? (what is the best mining graphic card that will give best results ? ,which kind of fans coolers ? ,how big room , do i need server rack  is it better to just let the Mother board open ,or to make some box ? etc .. )

I am working network security so I have seen a lot of server racks ,what i saw on youtube how they build the machines and leave them on simple desk it does not look professional to me ,that machine will die from dust in last then a year ... please give me some opinion on this.

I live in Europien country  which have one of the lowest electricity prices .

I want to invest 5000$-10000$ for begging is this enough for start ?

I  need more technical and real professional suggestion and explanation what will be the best so i know how to proceed and calculate is it going to payoff investing money in mining cryptocurrency.

P.s - I am sorry for my English grammar mistakes I am not native English speaker but i am trying to be clear as much as I can Smiley

Thank you

Meto

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 5048

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 10:48:57 AM

Hello guys

First of all I will like to say that I apologize if i open this topic on wrong place .

I am 38 years old guy and want to start working with cryptocurrency. I read a lot online ,different opinions ,suggestions ...

What I am interested in if some of you know to give me more technical advise on what I need to buy to really have profit out of this .

Is it performance on graphic card  same for  Ethereum or Bitcoin ? I read in some articles  that some cards are better for  Ethereum and some are better for Bitcoin is this true ?

How the box need to be build ? (what is the best mining graphic card that will give best results ? ,which kind of fans coolers ? ,how big room , do i need server rack  is it better to just let the Mother board open ,or to make some box ? etc .. )

I am working network security so I have seen a lot of server racks ,what i saw on youtube how they build the machines and leave them on simple desk it does not look professional to me ,that machine will die from dust in last then a year ... please give me some opinion on this.

I  need more technical and real professional suggestion and explanation what will be the best so i know how to proceed and calculate is it going to payoff investing money in mining cryptocurrency.

P.s - I am sorry for my English grammar mistakes I am not native English speaker but i am trying to be clear as much as I can Smiley

Thank you

Meto

First of all: you must have been reading a really, really old article... Graphic cards (GPU's) are not suitable for mining bitcoin anymore... You can still use them to mine for altcoins (like ETH) tough...
If you want to make a GPU rig, i'd suggest you move this topic to the altcoin mining subforum, the people lurking over there will give you much better advise as to which GPU to buy in order to buy which altcoin. In this specific subforum, you'll only get Bitcoin-mining related advise, which is pretty much useless if you want to invest in GPU's.

If you've got your mind set at mining bitcoins, you should look into buying a latest-gen ASIC (like the antminer S9). Do be carefull tough: a new ASIC does not guarantee profit... It depends on your electricity rate, your luck, your custom duties, other equipment you need to buy (like air conditioning, shelves, PSU's, network gear, power cabling, breakers,...)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ahead

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:41:58 AM

Hello guys

Is it performance on graphic card  same for  Ethereum or Bitcoin ? I read in some articles  that some cards are better for  Ethereum and some are better for Bitcoin is this true ?

Thank you

Meto

First of all: you must have been reading a really, really old article... Graphic cards (GPU's) are not suitable for mining bitcoin anymore... You can still use them to mine for altcoins (like ETH) tough...
If you want to make a GPU rig, i'd suggest you move this topic to the altcoin mining subforum, the people lurking over there will give you much better advise as to which GPU to buy in order to buy which altcoin. In this specific subforum, you'll only get Bitcoin-mining related advise, which is pretty much useless if you want to invest in GPU's.

If you've got your mind set at mining bitcoins, you should look into buying a latest-gen ASIC (like the antminer S9). Do be carefull tough: a new ASIC does not guarantee profit... It depends on your electricity rate, your luck, your custom duties, other equipment you need to buy (like air conditioning, shelves, PSU's, network gear, power cabling, breakers,...)

Hi,

For some new people, altcoins, mining, algorithms is too difficult to understand.
GPU's to mine bitcoin... Technically no, BUT! For new people/miners that don't have the experience to setup mining software/pools etc, there is the option of Nicehash Miner (software).
Basically, what it does, is to use your resources (CPUs, GPUs) to mine different altcoins (you don't get to know which ones) and it is paying you in Bitcoins. So you are using the GPUs and CPU to get bitcoins.
Using this method you will get bitcoins, but in my opinion it is more profitable to mine a specific coin and hold (not sell) until it's price get's higher.

reids

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:44:17 AM

I read a lot online ,different opinions ,suggestions ...

If you've been reading like you say and still have no clue then crypto isn't for you. You'll get the exact same suggestions and opinions as in those articles as you will here, so why bother asking? Have a look at the hash-rates of the popular cards (hint: the front page of the mining alt coins section of this forum is useful for working out these popular cards) then go from there. The way you've come across is basically "I've heard crypto can make me rich but I can't be bothered to do my own homework, just give me a list of what to buy".
metodijus (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:55:54 AM

Hello Guys !

Thank you for the replies ,I am interested more specific in Ethereum Mining, As you sad i will need to read it and find by my self Smiley Thanks for pointing that to me Smiley I will read on the forum for the hardware specification thank you for pointing .
 Cool
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:23:13 PM

Hello Guys !

Thank you for the replies ,I am interested more specific in Ethereum Mining, As you sad i will need to read it and find by my self Smiley Thanks for pointing that to me Smiley I will read on the forum for the hardware specification thank you for pointing .
 Cool

If you build your rig yourself will save you some money in Ethereum mining but if you don't want to build it yourself and you are ready to pay a premium you can buy a ready made rig from someone else with 6-8 Gpu-s ready to mine Ethereum.

Here is a starting point from me what you will need to mine Ethereum, with a cost of 2500-3000 USD
1. PSU EVGA Supernova G2 1300 watt
2. Motherboard Biostar TB 250 Pro BTC
3. Intel G4400 processor
4. SSD 120 GB
5. RAM 8GB DDR4
6. 6-8 RX 470, RX 480 , RX 570 or RX 580 Gpu-s.
7. Mining rig cage about 100 USD.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Nokia555

Activity: 392
Merit: 266

EthMonitoring.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 12:30:32 PM

Hello Guys !

Cool

Hi,

I would get http://mylifegadgets.com/ASUSROGSTRIX-RX580 7x and http://mylifegadgets.com/MSIZ170A with risers http://mylifegadgets.com/USB30RISERS and PSU: http://mylifegadgets.com/EVGAGOLD or motherboard: http://mylifegadgets.com/ASRockH81PROBTC

metodijus (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:45:50 PM

Thank you guys ,Thanks ALLOT  Grin ,This is very nice info , I appreciate it  Tongue

Cool  Cool
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:47:46 PM

The realprobem i : whr to buy these GPUs.
0 stock :-(

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
Ahead

Activity: 74

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:49:38 PM

Hello Guys !

Cool

If you build your rig yourself will save you some money in Ethereum mining but if you don't want to build it yourself and you are ready to pay a premium you can buy a ready made rig from someone else with 6-8 Gpu-s ready to mine Ethereum.

Here is a starting point from me what you will need to mine Ethereum, with a cost of 2500-3000 USD
1. PSU EVGA Supernova G2 1300 watt
2. Motherboard Biostar TB 250 Pro BTC
3. Intel G4400 processor
4. SSD 120 GB
5. RAM 8GB DDR4
6. 6-8 RX 470, RX 480 , RX 570 or RX 580 Gpu-s.
7. Mining rig cage about 100 USD.

You forgot the pci-e riser cards (as many as the GPUs you plan to install)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: