Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:02:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help identifing any of these addresses  (Read 1782 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:21:06 PM

Nope, that's not how it works.
How can you prove you didn't send the coins to him on your own free will and are now trying to scam him?

Imagine someone gets caught with your bicycle and you say they stole it. The dude says you gave him the bicycle on your own free will and you have absolutely no evidence he was the one who stole your bike.
You press charges and the dude gets sent to court: Do you really think any judge would convict him without evidence?

Proving the coins were yours at some previous point in time doesn't prove they were stolen.

You may get him a scammer tag(again? LOL) but your evidence is pretty weak, as in non-existent, when you talk about getting a possible exchange admin to freeze an account, and that was what you were saying and what I asked about
If my coins went to an exchange the user can be identified and their account can be frozen.

Now just to find out what exchange it is.

How can you prove the coins were really stolen instead of just voluntarily sent by you?
It would be business suicide for any exchange who did what you asked!

PS: Nobody should be helping you "catch the thief". You LOST your coins because you were careless. You had everything at your disposal to find that it was a fake contract with a fake pgp signature, yet you didn't...
Write it off as a learning fee. The dude is tagged as scammer already, and that's all you're going to get.
I'm even going to tell you that he was only tagged as scammer that fast because he used the escrow contract of a global moderator. If he hadn't done that you would still be crying for theymos give him a scammer tag.
Terk

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:22:43 PM

No the change was sent back to bitstamp I sent coins directly from bitstamp to 1FMkokNtu7oQyjwaYcM5wDQG9VUN4hUBMb

You are talking about this transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/78b3f833bc68d4c819e7950e2e3b682515e07bc971e3059a217faa527fa83e3f
There are multiple Bitstamp withdrawals to few addresses, including 1FMkokNtu7oQyjwaYcM5wDQG9VUN4hUBMb.

I am talking about the following transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/2d40404eaf6fe5e5c30c0a0cef8f380a405b06f42c9660d987a093825e4394a7?show_adv=true
where owner of 1FMkokNtu7oQyjwaYcM5wDQG9VUN4hUBMb deposited the 1.37 BTC to 152NvAmevhFMreBJ5HcoREmUqd86eusLu7 (which I assume belongs to exchange or to some other business taking deposits).

And it's this transaction where the fee was covered by another of his wallet addresses: 1G6uKTpvRNAGN4DhBAaFNUWXXiv7k6JYWn sending 0.06543086 BTC input. After substracting 0.0005 BTC fee, the 0.06493086 BTC change was sent to another of his addresses 1QHKHEo9nSqf8aEEhrKdybUVuVeBfe6has.

This is what I believe happened and I think you should focus on tracking these two addresses, as most likely they belong to the person you're trying to track (yet they were not on the OP list of addresses you're trying to track). I suspect they were included in the transaction by mistake, so they might not be that careful one-time-used, no-traceable addresses.

zero3112 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:23:56 PM

No the change was sent back to bitstamp I sent coins directly from bitstamp to 1FMkokNtu7oQyjwaYcM5wDQG9VUN4hUBMb

You are talking about this transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/78b3f833bc68d4c819e7950e2e3b682515e07bc971e3059a217faa527fa83e3f
There are multiple Bitstamp withdrawals to few addresses, including 1FMkokNtu7oQyjwaYcM5wDQG9VUN4hUBMb.

I am talking about the following transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/2d40404eaf6fe5e5c30c0a0cef8f380a405b06f42c9660d987a093825e4394a7?show_adv=true
where owner of 1FMkokNtu7oQyjwaYcM5wDQG9VUN4hUBMb deposited the 1.37 BTC to 152NvAmevhFMreBJ5HcoREmUqd86eusLu7 (which I assume belongs to exchange or to some other business taking deposits).

And it's this transaction where the fee was covered by another of his wallet addresses: 1G6uKTpvRNAGN4DhBAaFNUWXXiv7k6JYWn sending 0.06543086 BTC input. After substracting 0.0005 BTC fee, the 0.06493086 BTC change was sent to another of his addresses 1QHKHEo9nSqf8aEEhrKdybUVuVeBfe6has.

This is what I believe happened and I think you should focus on tracking these two addresses, as most likely they belong to the person you're trying to track (yet they were not on the OP list of addresses you're trying to track). I suspect they were included in the transaction by mistake, so they might not be that careful one-time-used, no-traceable addresses.

Oh, I see now what happend when the scammer tried to send the coins.

Terk

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:26:40 PM

PS: Nobody should be helping you "catch the thief". You LOST your coins because you were careless. You had everything at your disposal to find that it was a fake contract with a fake pgp signature, yet you didn't...
Write it off as a learning fee. The dude is tagged as scammer already, and that's all you're going to get.
I'm even going to tell you that he was only tagged as scammer that fast because he used the escrow contract of a global moderator. If he hadn't done that you would still be crying for theymos give him a scammer tag.

I'm not following the “catch the thief” game, but “track the money” game. I don't know what happened and I don't put tags on people. I just tried to explain what happened with the money - without judging if it was scam money or legit money - and how one might track the other side of transaction (regardless of if it was legit or not). Sorry if that's wrong thing to do - I'm quite new here and just wanted to exercise my understanding of the blockchain and transactions trail.

I fully agree that 1.37 BTC is a small learning fee and that it should be considered as such without much cry.

zero3112 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:28:28 PM

Nope, that's not how it works.
How can you prove you didn't send the coins to him on your own free will and are now trying to scam him?

Imagine someone gets caught with your bicycle and you say they stole it. The dude says you gave him the bicycle on your own free will and you have absolutely no evidence he was the one who stole your bike.
You press charges and the dude gets sent to court: Do you really think any judge would convict him without evidence?

Proving the coins were yours at some previous point in time doesn't prove they were stolen.

You may get him a scammer tag(again? LOL) but your evidence is pretty weak, as in non-existent, when you talk about getting a possible exchange admin to freeze an account, and that was what you were saying and what I asked about
If my coins went to an exchange the user can be identified and their account can be frozen.

Now just to find out what exchange it is.

How can you prove the coins were really stolen instead of just voluntarily sent by you?
It would be business suicide for any exchange who did what you asked!

I can prove I sent the coins there and I can prove that I never received the xrp on my end in the trade.  I can prove he never sent them I gave him my xrp ripple address in the pm's. He gave me his bitcoin address in the pm's I sent the bitcoins and I can prove he never sent the ripple.  I can also prove that we had a trade agreement.

It is is partially my fault but no wonder people scam and steal bitcoins.  With your thinking they can get away with any crime it still doesn't make it right.

Terk

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:34:39 PM

zero3112: you are editing/deleting your messages in this thread and these are not cosmetic/typos edits. You are removing entire parts of conversation. Regardless of importance of these removed parts, changing conversation is the wrong thing to do. Especially in a thread where you accuse someone of scamming you should be as transparent as possible and not remove your messages. This post is simply for a disclosure.

zero3112 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:37:10 PM

zero3112: you are editing/deleting your messages in this thread and these are not cosmetic/typos edits. You are removing entire parts of conversation. Regardless of importance of these removed parts, changing conversation is the wrong thing to do. Especially in a thread where you accuse someone of scamming you should be as transparent as possible and not remove your messages. This post is simply for a disclosure.

I re-edited because I made a typo.  I also removed one reply that I posted myself because I read your reply wrong about the coins being sent.  I thought you where showing how my coins where moved before they where even sent to the scammer address.

Sorry for the confusion.

zero3112 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

I am trying to be transparent but people want to play the blame game on me.

Terk

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:50:47 PM

Oh you removed more. I've seen some escrow contracts pasted that are no longer here and other stuff.

As I said, I am not putting tags on people, including you. I was helping with the money trail without judging the transaction. Now I am simply stating that you are removing messages and they were not typos. I am still not judging you, but perhaps you have a second lesson to learn - about transparency in a sensitive threads like this. My interest in this thread is over.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:52:27 PM

psy, stop just stop.

Go away don't post on my threads any more just go.

That's like saying your bank was careless and when you deposited your money they overpaid you now your saying thats there fault for being careless and that you don't have to return the money.

Your saying I was careless for sending the money and it's my fault and the the scammer is in the right and does not have to return my funds because its not his fault I sent him the funds I was careless.

No, you were careless because you had the means to verify the authenticity of the message, yet you decided to send the coins without doing it and ended up being scammed, or so you say.
Don't try to twist my words.

You may have the right to get your money back, but that will never happen. Nor will any exchange owner freeze some account just because you send him copies of a few PM's on a forum coupled with some TX ID's. I'm sorry you don't understand how unreasonable your request is.

Now for the cherry: Prove that other account who allegedly scammed you isn't under your control, as in "a sock-puppet".
No, the fact you never shared an IP address with that other account doesn't prove shit.
Whatever you could get with the meagre evidence you have, you already got it: the other account got a scammer tag.

Now, stop crying and go on with your life.
Terk

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:57:38 PM

Or maybe the escrow contracts were in some other thread that were linked from here. You see, how much confusion deleting messages create?

Anyway, I am not interested in a drama. I just helped to understand the transactions that happened after you claim you sent coins and that's all. You won't get the money back and the other party already has a scammer tag so there's nothing left to do. Move on.

zero3112 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:03:50 PM

psy, stop just stop.

Go away don't post on my threads any more just go.

That's like saying your bank was careless and when you deposited your money they overpaid you now your saying thats there fault for being careless and that you don't have to return the money.

Your saying I was careless for sending the money and it's my fault and the the scammer is in the right and does not have to return my funds because its not his fault I sent him the funds I was careless.

No, you were careless because you had the means to verify the authenticity of the message, yet you decided to send the coins without doing it and ended up being scammed, or so you say.
Don't try to twist my words.

You may have the right to get your money back, but that will never happen. Nor will any exchange owner freeze some account just because you send him copies of a few PM's on a forum coupled with some TX ID's. I'm sorry you don't understand how unreasonable your request is.

Now for the cherry: Prove that other account who allegedly scammed you isn't under your control, as in "a sock-puppet".
No, the fact you never shared an IP address with that other account doesn't prove shit.
Whatever you could get with the meagre evidence you have, you already got it: the other account got a scammer tag.

Now, stop crying and go on with your life.

You really like to trash my threads this thread has nothing to do with getting my money back.
Its only about understanding the address I listed and identifying them.

I do have information about the other account. And if the exchange has a account with these ip's and this user has a account there then what would be wrong with taking 1.37 BTC from that users I have proved that this is that users account.  And if its an account that you allegedly think is another one of my account then wouldnt they be frezzeing one of my other account and taking money from my other account and giving me my own money.

Why would I do that? All the money in a exchange belongs to a bunch of diffrent users who have a user account on the exchange. The fund doesnt loss money giving me 1.37 bitcoins no.  What they do I take 1.37 bitcoins from a user with the ip addresses I listed below and that would be the same user that depsoited 1.37 BTC to there account at the exchange.

foofight
bff@gmail.com
67.251.100.125, 174.226.67.138, 66.66.29.161, 67.251.100.125

keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:45:33 AM

You really like to trash my threads this thread has nothing to do with getting my money back.
Its only about understanding the address I listed and identifying them.

You already know as much as you will ever know. The final destination is most likely an exchange's cold storage.

The person you sent coins to used a one-time address, with change being sent back to one of their possibly oft-used accounts.

The number 1 description of bitcoin is that it is anonymous. This is all you will ever know about these addresses, unless the person who is using them flat out tells you who they are. So why does this thread keep going? What else are you after??

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:10:03 AM

One thing that still remains unanswered is what gives bitcoin the anonymous nature?

It's anonymous simply because there is no central authority that requires people to provide information about themselves when using the service. Also, IP addresses are not recorded in the public record, so that is not a very reliable way of tracking senders.

Free mail services that don't require any kind of confirmation of one's identity are just as anonymous, if you use a VPN or something to hide your IP address. IP information is included in the header of every e-mail, and many mail services use that information to test to see if the e-mail is legitimate or not. You can hide your IP address and the recipient will have no idea who you are, but if it's obvious the sender's IP address is being hidden, many e-mail services will consider the message spam. This creates a very large downside to using e-mail while hiding your IP address. Bitcoin completely ignores the IP address of the sender, so there is no down side to hiding one's IP address.

Another difference with bitcoin and mail services, to continue the example, is that in theory all bitcoin addresses already exist--they just haven't been found yet. You could calculate an address on your home computer, not connected to the internet, and no one in the world will even know that address exists until someone sends coins to it. Until someone connects to send out those coins, it is impossible to know who in the word calculated that address, unless they themselves tell someone they did it. E-mail, on the other hand, is different. You have to tell the central server that you want an e-mail address and they have to set it up for you before it can even receive messages. In the process of requesting the address, it is possible to collect (limited) information about the person requesting it.

All internet services that have a central server (web pages, e-mail, chatrooms) can and do collect information about their users which can be used in forensics to try and find the owners of the computers that connect to them. Services without a central server (P2P like bittorrent and bitcoin) generally don't and the only way to track someone is to monitor active connections and see where they are coming from (easy with a file transfer that takes hours to complete, like on bittorrent. Not so easy on a transfer that takes a few seconds and comes from a random direction, like with bitcoin).

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:46:00 AM

Live and let learn...

Be happy it wasn't a loss of 100BTC.

In the end, the blame IS on YOU. You accepted a transaction with a stranger, you trusted the untrustable (took a personal risk), and lost-out on that risk.

I am sorry, but your own failure to take simple precautions is what got you scammed. You gave a stranger your car, expecting him to give you back a truck in return, and he just drove-off, because you failed to get his ID, a copy of his license, and have a witness present. (Or use an escrow service, or other "protective service".)

There is NOTHING anyone can do to HELP you, or anyone else who this has happened to. The best you can hope for is to locate this mystery person and ask them for your promised property, or a refund. Also, warn others about "how this scam was done", making it believable enough to become an event that led to YOU being scammed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: