Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do I buy ICO tokens?  (Read 3330 times)
killthebanks (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

I am interested to invest in ICO tokens. I have a list of all the hottest upcoming ICO token sales.

What I don't have is any idea where these tokens will be sold .... lets take CIVIC for example https://tokensale.civic.com/ 

I have no idea what exchanges these tokens will be sold on.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7114

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 04:50:58 PM

You can't just buy a unreleased ICO token in any exchange.

ICO (Initial Coin Offerings) is the cryptocurrency version of crowdfunding, which means the coin/token still doesn't exist. Depending on which project you want to invest, you will need to look at their announcement thread or website to learn how to invest and get tokens.

For almost all of those projects, you will receive your tokens after the ICO ends. Then you will probably be able to exchange them for other coins like Bitcoin if they ever get accepted in any exchange.

In the case of Civic, the crowdfunding will start in ~5 days from the time I'm posting this. After the countdown in their website is over, they will probably be posting more information about the ICO and how you can participate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:51:31 PM

The crowdsale should start in 5 days, you will be able to buy the tokens from the Itself, after the tokens are issued and the platform is developed etc. the tokens should be available on exchanges but we can't really know which until It's launched. This is valid for all ICOs and not just Civic, the sale happens on the official site.
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

Whatever ICO you are looking into will have a link, you click that link and it will tell you how to be apart of it. I have yet to see an ICO that does not work from the website of the company you are looking into.

There are multiple websites you can find ICOs some of those are:

smithandcrown ico
icoalert
tokenmarket ico calendar

Gl, happy ICOing
killthebanks (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:22:08 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

davidmccoy

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 05:55:39 PM

You can look into icoo.io, Taas, Tokenmarket, and SmithandCrown. Icoo also provides DAO distribution information.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 06:12:02 PM

I am interested to invest in ICO tokens. I have a list of all the hottest upcoming ICO token sales.

What I don't have is any idea where these tokens will be sold .... lets take CIVIC for example https://tokensale.civic.com/ 

I have no idea what exchanges these tokens will be sold on.
you may buy it in the markets, there are many online markets there , just searh for it, you will be choosing the, they are a couple of markets there that has a bit different in each value of their coins sometimes, its up to you to whom you will choose but for me , choose a online market that has a many investors i think it is a great way to do.

Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:32:42 PM

The simple solution would be ,if you find a ICO that attracts you,then go to their official website and look for the options on how to invest in it,almost all of the coins will start an announcement thread here in this forum,so it would be wise to check the alt coin section often to know about new projects and see how to invest in those coins.
In the silence

Activity: 1293
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:36:21 PM

The one who is developing the coin would put the link for the ICO (Initial Coin Offerings)

If you wanna learn more on what does ICO means --> https://www.quora.com/How-do-initial-coin-offerings-ICO-work-Is-it-simple

You're welcome sir.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:26:20 PM

You can not ico token at exchange, you can buy ico token from their crowdsale platform. Sometime ico token also can buy from exchange like yobit, livecoin, etc. You can get new ico news from icocountdown, tokenmarket, etc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: