Bitcoin Forum
August 19, 2024, 04:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The real worth of ETH?  (Read 370 times)
Ariebaba (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:50:30 PM

I have some problems with understanding the current high price of the ETH token. I understand the value of the ethereum network and why it differs from the bitcoin network. But.. I don't understand why the coin itself has such a high price.

The ETH token was used for the crowdsale/fundraise of the ethereum project. And it still has his function in the blockchain as a means of pay for transaction fees and stuff like that. But as I see it most companies that adobt the ethereum network will just use the blockchain and not the token, making the token not really valuable at all (as I see it..). I think it would even benefit ETH to have a lower price if companies really want to use it as a way of paying transaction fees.

The only big thing you can do at the moment with the ETH token is paying for ICO's..

Maybe I see it all wrong but is there any other reason that the ETH token itself is so high priced beside just big pumps and people lurking for a fast buck?

ps.
(This question goes for a lot of other altcoins also actually. Don't look at this question as a hate to altcoins, I'm just curious because I begin to doubt investing my money in them more and more..)
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:55:19 PM

If you closely look at prices of altcoins, all are moving in same array as BTC moving. When btc rises, other coins also rise. When btc falls, other fall too. In last one month, we have seen a cumulative behavior in cryptocurrency market. Maybe because there is great integration between all coins as holders to them are common.
While talking about ethereum, I can conclude that it shown a little bigger rise than others and it is solely due to increased ico in ethereum.
Ariebaba (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:51:49 PM

Yes that's what I saw also and I could only conclude that the ICO's have a big part in this. What is the change that Bancor will become the next DAO and crash ETH?
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:04:37 PM

Ethereum is danger Ponzi scheme
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1962536.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: