Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I was just SCAMMED by BitQuick.co  (Read 794 times)
Bit_SCAMMED (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:49:53 PM

I must admit, they really had me fooled.

There seem to be good reviews and good trust marks for BitQuick.co.  And when they reply to your emails, they act like the nicest people in the world.

So today I tried to use them for the first time.  And I've been scammed.

I sent in around .65 BTC to sell at a static price, the full amount only, and according to the status page a buyer hold was placed around 1 PM EST.

Then around 5 PM EST, just a little while ago, I contacted the email address to request cancellation.  I even asked them this in my email:

"Does this happen often with a static price offer?  Do people just put a hold hoping to arbitrage a daily increase hoping to profit that way?  Would it have been more likely to be paid had it been a dynamic price offer?"

So I received a nice polite reply back:

"I am very sorry about the notification issue! There are currently no holds against your order, you should be able to cancel it now via your modification page. Regarding your other question, most orders are most successful when priced within 5% of the current market rate.

If you have any additional questions, we'd be happy to help!"

So when I went to do the cancel myself using the online form, I discovered lo and behold the original buyer hold from earlier in the day was gone, but there was a new hold placed at 5:10 PM EST, i.e. right after I sent them an email to request the cancellation, only this new hold was just for a tiny fraction of the total, which was not even allowed by my sell order.

So when I went to process the cancel, sure enough it won't go through:

"There are buy orders pending against your order. Please wait until all of them have been processed before canceling your order. If you would not like to continue selling, we recommend increasing your sale price."

Well obviously they removed the original hold and put this new partial hold on, and now I can't withdraw my Bitcoin.  This is just incredible that they would do this kind of thing.
Bit_SCAMMED (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:00:21 PM

UPDATE:

Now they've placed a second new partial hold despite my cancellation request and despite that my order does not allow this.
Bit_SCAMMED (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:29:18 PM

This is really terrible.  I'm both unemployed and disabled.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 11:17:47 PM

This is really terrible.  I'm both unemployed and disabled.

I know it's a really shitty feeling to have to wait on stuff related to cryptocurrency, but I've had really good experiences with Bitquick.

If I recall... I had to wait on something from them as well, but they did get it fixed.

Keep us in the loop <3

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Bit_SCAMMED (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:51:52 PM

Thanks for your reply.  Did you come here after seeing this, by the way, or have you seen these posts of mine in the big BitQuick thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262082.msg19604944#msg19604944

And here's an update to keep everyone in the loop, that's for sure:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262082.msg19605280#msg19605280

What they have done is blatant deception and scamming which could also wind up costing me money.  In my current circumstances it is also a significant amount of money.  

They did not have to do what they just did and are still doing to me now.  All they had to do was just do the simple right thing, not to mention honor their word.

It's totally and absurdly wrong and bad business, even fraud, plain and simple.  

I already sent them an email indicating I plan to consult an attorney next week about suing them.  This has caused extreme consequences for me.

It's also just not plain smart to treat someone you don't know like this.  I may be unemployed and disabled, but if it goes to court then a bunch of other things are going to be found out about me that make them regret this foolish and disgusting way of treating people and doing business.  Not to mention how everything is documented with screen shots and such.
Bit_SCAMMED (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:04:39 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 05:15:07 AM by Bit_SCAMMED

Well at least the Bitcoin has been returned now, minus the network fee getting it there to begin with, but this was an extremely stressful and unpleasant affair having to address it like this here and elsewhere and with all the unresponded to email that I sent.

If the price holds till sometime tomorrow morning or so then it seems my sell limit at my current exchange may be enough to enable me to sell it all that way instead.  I also wonder if I would have simply fared better trying LocalBitcoins.com yesterday instead which I've also never used before to get it done already before any possible price drop.
232drialf

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:52:22 AM

Well at least the Bitcoin has been returned now, minus the network fee getting it there to begin with, but this was an extremely stressful and unpleasant affair having to address it like this here and elsewhere and with all the unresponded to email that I sent.

If the price holds till sometime tomorrow morning or so then it seems my sell limit at my current exchange may be enough to enable me to sell it all that way instead.  I also wonder if I would have simply fared better trying LocalBitcoins.com yesterday instead which I've also never used before to get it done already before any possible price drop.

This was a shit story from the very first begging to the end. What I can say it was ok is that bitcoins came back to your balance.

Where are you from? I am quite sure you can find the offers you need on localbitcoins! But keep in mind, always be cautious or try to trade 0.2 at a time. It will not kill you if you simply try to trade 3 times. It will be not so much risky.

Good luck!
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:57:57 PM

Seems like a bunch of ado about nothing besides the partial hold issue.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 01:57:25 AM

OP just got caught by the weekend and freaked out.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
illymillz

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:25:28 PM

Yes Bitquick scammed me as well.  I placed an order and went to the bank to put order in:

BitQuick.co Support
10:31 AM (4 hours ago)

to me
Receipt successfully uploaded for $699.94 USD
After we review this receipt and/or receive confirmation by the seller, your Bitcoin (0.10347900) will be sent within 3 business hours to the address provided:

3PxZXNWAig96TRfmqnTsns2a8kZL11NNGi

dece8db8d4d8b6a5029f580fa9dbd79cad42592b

[img]/Users/philanthony3/Desktop/bitquick cheat.jpg/img]
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 08:54:55 PM

Yes Bitquick scammed me as well.  I placed an order and went to the bank to put order in:

BitQuick.co Support
10:31 AM (4 hours ago)

to me
Receipt successfully uploaded for $699.94 USD
After we review this receipt and/or receive confirmation by the seller, your Bitcoin (0.10347900) will be sent within 3 business hours to the address provided:

3PxZXNWAig96TRfmqnTsns2a8kZL11NNGi

dece8db8d4d8b6a5029f580fa9dbd79cad42592b

[img]/Users/philanthony3/Desktop/bitquick cheat.jpg/img]

Sounds like a weekend thing too.

dababe

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:08:45 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2018, 02:33:49 AM by dababe

Absolutely! I read his 'SCAMMED by BitQuick.co" post out of curiosity. In 3 years, I have NEVER had a problem with their platform.

They are not an arbitrage nor trading platform. If you want to play that game, then try the exchanges.

You want Bitcoin? Then find a seller in the book. Submit your order. And within 3 hours the deal is done.

You want to sell Bitcoin? Then wait for the seller to send your cash via deposits into your bank account, money gram, etc. The buyer then sends BitQyck their completion receipt via a predetermined process. Within 3 hours (in my experience, it happens in 30 minutes or so), you receive an email from bitqyck, saying you got yo cash and the bitcoins are released to the buyer.

We willy nilly throw around the "scam" word about EVERYTHING. Time for vocabulary improvement and upgrade.

We all encounter hiccups, unforeseen circumstances, and cray cray stuff in life. That doesn't make the encounter a scam. It's just life.
You got your money back and still didn't dare apologize or retract your SCAM comment.

Boy oh Boy! Folks on social media are so quick to pounce but so quiet to correct.

Enjoy your day because I can guarantee you that in the future some cray cray stuff will happen in your life. <chuckle>

fara_buduk

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:40:35 PM

Absolutely! I read his 'SCAMMED by BitQuick.co" post out of curiosity. In 3 years, I have NEVER had a problem with their platform.

They are not an arbitrage nor trading platform. If you want to play that game, then try the exchanges.

You want Bitcoin? Then find a seller in the book. Submit your order. And within 3 hours the deal is done.

You want to sell Bitcoin? Then wait for the seller to send your cash via deposits into your bank account, money gram, etc. The buyer then sends BitQyck their completion receipt via a predetermined process. Within 3 hours (in my experience, it happens in 30 minutes or so), you receive an email from bitqyck, saying you got yo cash and the bitcoins are released to the buyer.

We willy nilly throw around the "scam" word about EVERYTHING. Time for vocabulary improvement and upgrade.

We all encounter hiccups, unforeseen circumstances, and cray cray stuff in life. That doesn't make the encounter a scam. It's just life.
You got your money back and still didn't dare apologize or retract your SCAM comment.

Boy oh Boy! Folks on social media are so quick to pounce but so quiet to correct.

Enjoy your day because I can guarantee you that in the future some cray cray stuff will happen in your life. <chuckle>

ha ha ha this is people who panic friends ... quickly argue that it is too ... and when their money returns then they are silent as nothing happens ... maybe we should be more mature and know the risks so we don't panic. and be patient because everyone will return to your choice

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: