Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:32:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PDC]Pump And Dump coin!  (Read 1494 times)
ehoffman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:06:36 PM

Here it is... the new PDC (The Pump And Dump coin!)

Well, not really, or is it?  Actually, I think most of the new altcoins (and many of the old ones) are purely Pump and Dump, what do you think?

After all, you make a coin, mine it like crazy right when it comes out (you don't even have to pre-mine it!) at low difficulty during a week or 2, get a few thousand coins, and hope for the exchanges to take them under their wings, and the value to spike.  Then you slowly dump for dozens/hundreds of BTC, and retire when it's drained of any value (diff. too high, etc).  Finally, you start another alt-coins.

Find a nice story to introduce a coin, something apparently new, but questionable...

You can even change the algorithm, so people have to code a new miner or modify an existing one, just to give you a few extra days on the edge.

What do you think about those altcoins-crazyness?

Like my comments?  Cheer me up at 137s1qFV63M6SXWhKkwjaZKEeZX23pq1hw
Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley
bopbeep

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:08:08 PM

so...is this thread just bashing alt coins
or is there a actual coin i can mine?
daytrader420

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:11:07 PM

Buying 10k PDC for 1 BTC  Grin

Probably the most useful post you've ever made.

And unfortunately we know your welfare checks don't pay out in BTC, so you're obviously trolling.

Smiley
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:16:27 PM

you make a coin, mine it like crazy right when it comes out (you don't even have to pre-mine it!) at low difficulty during a week or 2

For a week or two? You mine it for a minute or two after release and get half the coin.

so...is this thread just bashing alt coins
or is there a actual coin i can mine?

No it's a real coin. The OP is pre-mining it as we speak.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:20:15 PM

Sounds like a great new Jokecoin Grin
theblazehen

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:20:41 PM

Is there a pool yet?

BURST: BURST-ZRT2-GB5S-A6CS-HBVAE
daytrader420

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:24:41 PM

Buying 10k PDC for 1 BTC  Grin

You have checked almost 2500 posts I've made by now so you can properly judge? Nope. You really are dumb beyond words. Back to cage, I said earlier - MRSS stoko!

....except the number of posts underneath your id says 122...

You're obviously so good at math, that's why you predicted FTC would be such a success and it gained +500% afterwards right? (Like you're doing with other alts now)
Oh no, wait, you were trolling and calling it a scamcoin also.
You sat there and preached to the community how much of a scam it was, then it gained +500% value, and then you went back and deleted your posts LOL.

Back to the guv'ment check line for you, scrub.

Smiley
nerdcustoms

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:31:17 PM

Some are pump and dump, and some offer innovation.  Don't put them all in the same group. 

*Image Removed*
Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202142
Lowlander

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

Some are pump and dump, and some offer innovation.  Don't put them all in the same group. 
+100
destruct

Activity: 1232

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:46:18 PM

New joke thread every day.. bored.

jt7382

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:50:04 PM

Buying 10k PDC for 1 BTC  Grin

You have checked almost 2500 posts I've made by now so you can properly judge? Nope. You really are dumb beyond words. Back to cage, I said earlier - MRSS stoko!

....except the number of posts underneath your id says 122...

You're obviously so good at math, that's why you predicted FTC would be such a success and it gained +500% afterwards right? (Like you're doing with other alts now)
Oh no, wait, you were trolling and calling it a scamcoin also.
You sat there and preached to the community how much of a scam it was, then it gained +500% value, and then you went back and deleted your posts LOL.

Back to the guv'ment check line for you, scrub.

That dude is a troll. Just ignore him like all of us have. Smiley
ehoffman (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:59:06 PM

Yes, you can mine them, just choose half of the altcoins in circulation!

I'm not putting it all under the same flag.  Of course, there are innovations, like LTC.  But some of them, especially lately, are mostly pump and dump I'm sure of it Smiley

I won't name any coins, but I'm sure you know which one they are.

And, the biggest problem is that it's like those annoying ads.  Everyone is bashing them, having something to say, but it's there because it work!  People jump in.  I'm not blaming anyone here, and sure, there is a lot of money to do for the first adopters, and many of those coins get their finest hours one day or another.

Damn I wish I had hoarded those Freicoins a little longer.  Had mined like 30~40K a months or 2 ago...  Would have been worth a few thousand bucks by now!  Well, the thing is that you never know.

Like my comments?  Cheer me up at 137s1qFV63M6SXWhKkwjaZKEeZX23pq1hw
Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley
stellar1

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:18:50 AM

As a newcomer to the forum I find it necessary to add that pump and dump goes on almost on a daily basis on all the top ten (or twenty) futures, stocks, commodities exchanges of the world. Most traders in those exchanges are fully aware of pump and dump and its reverse dump & pump. I guess this is not a new phenomenon.

Regards
karik1987

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:26:36 PM

Such activity affects all the crypto-currency market. Because of it, fear, uncertainty and doubts that prevent investors from working are amplified. They are not protected at this moment. The overwhelming majority of beginning investors at least once faced this type of manipulation. Most often this has a negative financial impact on them. If we want trade in the crypto currency market to flourish, then we need to unite in the fight against manipulating groups.
karik1987

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:32:37 PM

Such activity affects all the crypto-currency market. Because of it, fear, uncertainty and doubts that prevent investors from working are amplified. They are not protected at this moment. The overwhelming majority of beginning investors at least once faced this type of manipulation. Most often this has a negative financial impact on them. If we want trade in the crypto currency market to flourish, then we need to unite in the fight against manipulating groups.

Particular care should be taken in relation to very cheap coins with low capitalization - they are the easiest to manipulate. In addition, it is worth paying attention to the young tokens, ICO-campaigns which have recently come to an end. Statistics show that every 10 such coin will be used for P & D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: