Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are new applications that can be built on ethereum Bitcoin and blockchains  (Read 310 times)
Marknexus (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:52:51 AM

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14573959

What are new applications that can be built on ethereum Bitcoin and blockchains

i am not as interested in the price volatility of this asset class more inspired by the crypto anarchism that they enable and new trustless, non custodial and truly decentralized apps that can be built on top of modern blockchain
 Smiley.  Repost from hacker news and reddit
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 06:47:37 AM

Forgive me, your question is confusing for me. Do you mean what new applications can be built that haven't been mentioned (as uses/applications) yet or that haven't been actually developed yet?

The latter is a lot greater than the former. Ethereum has explained what can be done with it's format of the blockchain but certainly a lot less has been actually done yet. Ethereum is so new.

Think about what the blockchain can do to the world of finance, investments, business, government, retail, politics, non-profit, what else?
Marknexus (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:44:27 PM

do you mean what new applications can be built that haven't been mentioned (as uses/applications) yet or that haven't been actually developed yet?

I mean both but the latter more... a means to  brainstorm the yet to build apps or dapps as they say
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:16:39 PM

Decentralized exchange would be nice idea, I am talking about using ETH smart contracts to work as escrow between deals. Don't have any idea whether this have been already developed or still to be developed.
687_2

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:49:17 PM

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14573959

What are new applications that can be built on ethereum Bitcoin and blockchains

Two very different protocol layers, and both are honestly very early stage. At the moment I think the only protocols worth building robust business applications on are Bitcoin and Monero. Ethereum is too risky- I would not invest a half million EUR in a business solution/application that runs on ETH, because I have no idea what is going to happen to that thing next month and my maintenance costs could go through the roof depending on how it goes.

That said, there are limitless opportunities for building crypto applications. Starting simple is the key, people in crypto tend to forget very quickly what state the "real" world is in. I think a big opportunity right now for consumers/merchants is a "quickbooks" style business solution; an all-in-one payments/accounting system for entrepreneurs that want to accept crypto payments. Use a shape-shift style integration and accept all different crypto payment methods to future proof it.

More mobile wallets for consumers are needed, and if you can gamify them or make them otherwise interesting and/or really easy to use all the better.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: