Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:00:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why most people here are happy to see bear coming and price drop?  (Read 2856 times)
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:43:36 PM

I only think this because those people can't afford current price of Bitcoin ,but they had realize that Bitcoin would be a good opportunity to increase their money. Those people willing to see the price drop and then buying...

Am I right? otherwise I can't figure out any benefit for them to expect a crash on BITCOIN .
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:52:49 PM

I sold at $116 and have an order outstanding at $114 for nearly 24 hours now.  Most "bears" are in the same position.  If we want to profit, we need the price to fall.  Or else to accept we called the top of the market wrong and buy back in.
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:54:30 PM

People pay higher price for BTC expecting price to rise, if it does more value, If it drops there BTC loses value.

People sell out there BTC if prices fall, more BTC can be gained. If it rises you lose BTC.

Two ways to profit.

I'm personally in the latter. Gaining BTC is in my mind, the only real way to make long term gains in this market.

That aside BTC is still a bit of mystery. Is the current price healthy? A farce? Undervalued? Overvalued? Everyone has their own ideas, so you should make up your mind, but consider it carefully.
SAQ

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:55:42 PM

I sold at $116 and have an order outstanding at $114 for nearly 24 hours now.  Most "bears" are in the same position.  If we want to profit, we need the price to fall.  Or else to accept we called the top of the market wrong and buy back in.

Wow, unlucky. It went down to 115 lunch time today.

benderr

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:56:54 PM

I think that It need drop the price and grow slow. In this way it will be more stable the price.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:57:50 PM

People pay higher price for BTC expecting price to rise, if it does more value, If it drops there BTC loses value.

People sell out there BTC if prices fall, more BTC can be gained. If it rises you lose BTC.

Two ways to profit.

I'm personally in the latter. Gaining BTC is in my mind, the only real way to make long term gains in this market.

That aside BTC is still a bit of mystery. Is the current price healthy? A farce? Undervalued? Overvalued? Everyone has their own ideas, so you should make up your mind, but consider it carefully.

The other way to make long term gains is to buy and hold.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:59:10 PM

I only think this because those people can't afford current price of Bitcoin ,but they had realize that Bitcoin would be a good opportunity to increase their money. Those people willing to see the price drop and then buying...

Am I right? otherwise I can't figure out any benefit for them to expect a crash on BITCOIN .

Could an alternative explanation be that some people think that BTC is very overvalued based on speculations at the moment?

There is no benefit in expecting either a crash or a boom, the benefit is in predicting it and buying in or selling out at a favourable moment.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:59:45 PM

It is incorrect to say bitcoin is not affordable.  No matter the price, one can buy some bitcoin. Gold for example is expensive and few can buy a gold bar. However *anyone could buy a 1/10 oz. coin and get into gold.
I think bitcoin looks very strong on the five year time-line. A drop today would be welcome by me because I could own more and increase my future profits. I think I would still be quite profitable buying at current market rates, but every dollar counts!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
UltimateReaper

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:03:15 PM

Two ways to profit.

The other way to make long term gains is to buy and hold.

True. But in the BTC world everything can backfire right? Even though I believe in BTC, after seeing how easy it is to shift the prices in whichever direction I can't ignore the possibilities.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:04:21 PM

If we hit double digits again - I'll pawn stuff to buy more btc if I have to.

I'm grumpy!!
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:32:28 PM

Quote from: OP
Why most people here are happy to see bear coming and price drop?

Because they hate our freedom.  Sad
Malawi

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:35:03 PM

Quote from: OP
Why most people here are happy to see bear coming and price drop?

Because they hate our freedom.  Sad

LOL - I hope you are trolling. "Hate our freedom" *chukkles*

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:38:27 PM

they are working for the FED.  Grin
Missionary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 06:59:22 PM

Almost the same here. At least if we go under $50. Then it's time to sell the car, computer, fridge etc.

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:03:42 PM

I am 100% bull, both long-term and short-term wise.
There was moment when I wanted the price to go down a bit, that was when I had no Bitcoins in my hands.
I learned the lesson and never sell all of my Bitcoins ever gain!

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:08:15 PM

If a day trader sells, then the day trader wants cheaper BTC to make a profit.

If someone is holding on to BTC, then a cheaper price means they can get even more BTC to hold onto for less money.

Everyone here wants a price that will make them the most profit.

For example, if the price goes under $10 and there is no real reason for this, for example its a panic sell because of a dropping price and not a flaw in SHA256. Then I start selling everything for BTC, including the wife....

Smiley
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:32:19 PM

For example, if the price goes under $10 and there is no real reason for this, for example its a panic sell because of a dropping price and not a flaw in SHA256. Then I start selling everything for BTC, including the wife....

Smiley

She would be the first thing to go!

SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:50:01 PM

If a day trader sells, then the day trader wants cheaper BTC to make a profit.

If someone is holding on to BTC, then a cheaper price means they can get even more BTC to hold onto for less money.

Everyone here wants a price that will make them the most profit.

Smiley
I like the way you talk.... especially the Wife part.. personally I want to join short-trade ,but my BTC had  stuck in the BITFUNDER. I can't sell my stock with right price...it is panic for me...really....
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:57:25 PM

Might wanna head to the pawn shop now because I just don't see how Bitcoin is not going to retest its lows and it will be in double digits long before that.  My feeling has been consistent with most that that's probably around the 50 mark.  Dosen't mean its coming in some huge crash but I feel like Bitcoin's long term viability depends on it.  

Every up swing is based on pure speculation so even if it should launch to 1000 tomorrow, there's nothing really holding it up and thus...well...you know..."the bigger they are, the harder they fall."  

I want cheaper Bitcoins like anyone but if you're a long term believer in Bitcoin, slow steady growth is what is needed to prevent all this volatility, that is keeping businesses from adopting this currency.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:12:39 PM

Might wanna head to the pawn shop now because I just don't see how Bitcoin is not going to retest its lows and it will be in double digits long before that.  My feeling has been consistent with most that that's probably around the 50 mark.  Dosen't mean its coming in some huge crash but I feel like Bitcoin's long term viability depends on it.  

Every up swing is based on pure speculation so even if it should launch to 1000 tomorrow, there's nothing really holding it up and thus...well...you know..."the bigger they are, the harder they fall."  

I want cheaper Bitcoins like anyone but if you're a long term believer in Bitcoin, slow steady growth is what is needed to prevent all this volatility, that is keeping businesses from adopting this currency.

I am deeply agree with you that volatility will killing bitcoin for daily uses.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: