Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to TAX Bitcoin. An easy way !  (Read 4348 times)
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:18:29 AM

I think the government should not tax income from bitcoins. Much more profitable for the government refers to such income as investment in the economy. It will bring more benefit than the turnover of such amount of money in the shadows.
Be calm, after all the government will not be able to give tax to bitcoin users even the government does not know who the citizens of their country who use bitcoin so it can be taxed. This is because the bitcoin is anonymous. So bitcoins are not suitable to be taxed

There are no access yet the government in putting taxes. Having unknown identity it will be hard for them to determine the transactions in anyways . Its impossible for now maybe those establishments and businesses that accepts bitcoin can have tax since they have legal papers for operation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:16:43 PM

In my country, I have to fill a form every year for the tax department, including my year end bank statement and the salary bill.
Together with some major bills for insurance and healthcare, that's all they get.

So I can hide cash under the bed, or have an overseas account, or have some Gold bars, etc. The goverment has to thrust me quite a bit.
They can check some transfers, but if you like to hide it, you can do it.

So the actual way of getting the real numbers is quite bad.

In Bitcoin
If the Tax department makes it a rule by law, that you have to report every BTC address you own, or every wallet you own ...

All problems solved, because then the Department has also the addresses of the petrol station and the deli you spend money.
In no time the system knows which tax counts here and can claim the respective amount from both sides.

Sure it is still possible to hide Bitcoins, but then it is illegal.

...or did I miss something?

I mean... literally everyone is doing something illegal one way or another. People do drugs during the weekends yet the only people that get caught are the dumb ones and the big fishes. If you stay low key and know what you're doing, you can never be caught. Just like you said, you can hide some money under your bed and you will not be caught. The same thing can be done with bitcoins.

People will start hiding their bitcoins on different places like exchanges, trading sites, mixers, gambling sites. But if they are lazy, they are just simply going to not declare the bitcoin addresses. After all, you can create a million of it. One thing that people will surely do is declare a couple of bitcoin addresses and make that seem legit by having a transaction every now and then. It would be doing an illegal stuff but not giving your 100% of doing it. You're going to declare taxes but not all of it. That's what people would do.

Another way to avoid this taxation is by selling your bitcoin by meeting up with another person instead of them sending the money through the banks.

Yep, you might have found an easy way to put tax on bitcoin but people are smart. "You found an easy way? Well, here's an easy way around."

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:09:55 AM

I think the government should not tax income from bitcoins. Much more profitable for the government refers to such income as investment in the economy. It will bring more benefit than the turnover of such amount of money in the shadows.
Be calm, after all the government will not be able to give tax to bitcoin users even the government does not know who the citizens of their country who use bitcoin so it can be taxed. This is because the bitcoin is anonymous. So bitcoins are not suitable to be taxed
Bitcoin is not truly anonymous, that is one of the basic mistakes many people make when dealing with bitcoin, they think that no one can track their transactions and that is simply a mistake, you can take steps to make things safer for you and for bitcoin to offer better privacy but if you want to be anonymous when purchasing something then it is better to use monero or a similar coin.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 05:57:00 AM

But that your government recognizes bitcoin as a currency? I doubt it. Your income in bitcoins according to the law is not revenue. If you buy goods with bitcoin it does not fall under the tax base. If you exchange them for your currency, then taxes will have to pay.

Yeah that explains everything in one shot. Before you could think of paying tax on bitcoin you need to know what is the legal status of bitcoin in your country.

Filing of bitcoin may not needed if it is considered as commodity or asset in your country. It has to fiat currency and to be transacted through your bank by means of real banking system. As long as it is bitcoin form it's not taxable.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:13:07 AM

But that your government recognizes bitcoin as a currency? I doubt it. Your income in bitcoins according to the law is not revenue. If you buy goods with bitcoin it does not fall under the tax base. If you exchange them for your currency, then taxes will have to pay.

Yeah that explains everything in one shot. Before you could think of paying tax on bitcoin you need to know what is the legal status of bitcoin in your country.

Filing of bitcoin may not needed if it is considered as commodity or asset in your country. It has to fiat currency and to be transacted through your bank by means of real banking system. As long as it is bitcoin form it's not taxable.
I don't want my bitcoin to get taxed, maybe they can put taxed when there's a physical stores accepts bitcoin, through adding fess but not literally on just by obtaining it they will add tax,thats too rush.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:49:52 AM

I don't want my bitcoin to get taxed, maybe they can put taxed when there's a physical stores accepts bitcoin, through adding fess but not literally on just by obtaining it they will add tax,thats too rush.
They cannot taxed bitcoin literally but the moment you converted it to cash and you gain something from any transaction
as a general rule you have to pay taxes on it. I don't know how because every country has different rules and different implementation.

ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:51:35 AM

Your statement was correct, also agreed with you. Earning bitcoin is no fee or charge, or in short tax but once the bitcoin exchange into fiat cash or money and you buy some goods, then it will have tax. We all know that all goods have tax so we considered it as paying tax. Not paying the tax directly to the government but we pay because of buying those goods.

If bitcoin wasn't created, can we afford to buy goods and services with tax? Of course, not! Bitcoin helps people and also the government to collect those taxes.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:17:45 AM

This will only be happen if the government of the country has the capability to control bitcoin. Which means it become centralize they can tax  it so easily. But if not, of course they can't do such things to deduct any tax of from the bitcoin holder in bitcoin industry.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:17:20 AM

Does it really gonna happen? I don't see any reason for bitcoin to get taxed. Bitcoin is virtual and it is nit recognised fiat currency. We pay for the money that government circulates to us. Bitcoin is decentralised and it may rise a question that why it may need to taxed.

Also adding to your last one, there won't be any need to give your every bitcoin address, I think it will need different system. May be your wallet details and statement.

Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:12:10 AM

Does it really gonna happen? I don't see any reason for bitcoin to get taxed. Bitcoin is virtual and it is nit recognised fiat currency. We pay for the money that government circulates to us. Bitcoin is decentralised and it may rise a question that why it may need to taxed.

Also adding to your last one, there won't be any need to give your every bitcoin address, I think it will need different system. May be your wallet details and statement.

It will be really difficult to put tax on our wallets and our bitcoin itself. It can only be possible in the stores or buildings that accepts btc. It can be through transaction fees . But overall the idea will be hard to implement since it's decentralized and having anonymous users.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:54:29 AM

This will only be happen if bitcoin become centralize but bitcoin was decentralized that's why it cannot have tax ever, this is the reason why the government of each country can't control the bitcoin of each holders in bitcoin community.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:14:17 AM

No government in the world can not control your bitcoin account. More than that until the government does not recognize bitcoin as currency you do not threaten any responsibility for the fact that you hide your bitcoin account. But if you cash out bitcoin through your Bank account you can be alleged concealment of income because the account you get the national currency, and this income.
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:04:09 AM

Taxing bitcoin is the reverse of its original conception. What government can tax are transactions in trading. South Korea required exchanges there now to do KYC. That means trade profit as in stocks can be taxed in time.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

I think that the easiest way to tax bitcoin is to request a record about the transactions in bitcoin for the whole year and just tax it with a fixed percentage so they can easily give their tax payment and i think that it will be applied for the next years if the government will accept bitcoin because they can't just let bitcoin prosper without having a few profits from it.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:25:36 PM

In my country, I have to fill a form every year for the tax department, including my year end bank statement and the salary bill.
Together with some major bills for insurance and healthcare, that's all they get.

So I can hide cash under the bed, or have an overseas account, or have some Gold bars, etc. The goverment has to thrust me quite a bit.

In Bitcoin
If the Tax department makes it a rule by law, that you have to report every BTC address you own, or every wallet you own ...

All problems solved, because then the Department has also the addresses of the petrol station and the deli you spend money.
In no time the system knows which tax counts here and can claim the respective amount from both sides.

Here in my country we have to register if we want to have an online wallet that can convert local currency to bitcoin or vice versa. In the registration process we have to submit government issued identification card. So, if the government want to tax the money that we had on our online wallet, it is just very easy. All they had to do is coordinate with the owner of the online wallet to get our identity.
Cath0Vic

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

Dynatiq ICO BONUS 50%!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 09:55:24 PM

I think there should be some mere taxations over btc transaction. it would make people believe that it is not illegal

▰▰▰▰▰ DYNATIQ ▰▰▰▰▰
 DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN BASED  MARKETPLACE FOR DOMAINS AND WEBSITES
●●● https://dynatiq.com/ ●●●
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:58:47 PM

The same problem applies to arts. Some people do private selling of painting and do not pay their taxes. I don't see how your proposal could be a solution.
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:08:27 PM

In Bitcoin

In most countries the information is automatically captured and sent to the goverment by companies so that won´t work in most places. Bitcoin would be considered as a payment, yet not as cash.

Haterstestbtc

Activity: 329
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:16:29 PM

In Bitcoin

In most countries the information is automatically captured and sent to the goverment by companies so that won´t work in most places. Bitcoin would be considered as a payment, yet not as cash.

Well, it make no sense if the tax department will make a rule of law to report every btc address because in the first place the government will not accept the bitcoin as a mode of payments if this things will be accepted it would easily be made the tax collection of the tax department in a country.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:31:15 PM

In Bitcoin

Well, it make no sense if the tax department will make a rule of law to report every btc address because in the first place the government will not accept the bitcoin as a mode of payments if this things will be accepted it would easily be made the tax collection of the tax department in a country.

Correct. Most important than knowing the address is knowing the acquisition value of those bitcoins, so in theory the number of bitcoins is less important and the address is quite useless for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: