Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEV] Ethereum  (Read 400 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:56:43 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 03:44:06 PM by mexicantarget

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to integrate ETH into my MicroWallet service FaucetHub.io. As things stand I've built a Bitcoin compatible engine to handle all deposits and withdraws. Since Bitcoin and altcoins allow for multiple inputs and outputs it makes sending out withdraws and splitting amounts very easy/a non-issue.

However looking at Ethereum I have seen that there is only 1 input and 1 output. This is proving to be a challenge to integrate it into FaucetHub the way we work.

In order to create a "deposit address" for each of my users I would need to create a new ETH account in my central geth wallet, is this correct?

The issue with this is that our entire "hot wallet" is not a single account, but potentially unlimited accounts based on how many users deposit. So when we come to do withdraws of any size, these funds are potentially split between 100s of accounts containing small dust. This is not something we can afford to pay for fee-wise, and users should not have to pay for it either.

Is there a way to have 1 ETH account with multiple addresses pointing to it? This would allow for all of our funds to be stored in a central wallet and when we do a withdraw the fees will be for a single transaction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: