Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendor for setting up an exchange in an underserved country?  (Read 211 times)
dariopy (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:23:12 PM

Hey guys,

We're looking into setting up a cryptocurrencies exchange in our country (in Latin America, with no exchanges at the moment). Does anyone have tips about some trusted providers for an exchange solution? I've looked into several open source projects, but they all seem abandoned, so I'd figure maybe someone is doing it as a service?

Thanks in advance,
dario.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:29:08 AM

AS you introduce latin America as an underserved country, perhaps there is not significant crypto currency users there too. I would suggest you tray to gather first as much as possible the crypto currency user base in your country and the demand for an exchange there before venturing.
dariopy (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:02:22 AM

AS you introduce latin America as an underserved country, perhaps there is not significant crypto currency users there too. I would suggest you tray to gather first as much as possible the crypto currency user base in your country and the demand for an exchange there before venturing.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually there's significant bitcoin activity in several countries in LatAm. There are working exchanges (that I know of) in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, just to name a few. In my country (which is smaller, and sits next to, one of the mentioned) the crypto-currencies community is still small, and operates mainly in a person-to-person basis. I believe an exchange here would be definitely welcome by the community, although it might take some time to become really popular. I'm talking about maybe 5-10K users during the first year, and that's being optimistic.

That said, I am interested in starting a project like this before someone else (for someone will, eventually) but I don't really know who to partner with, in terms of a software solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: