Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100  (Read 8172 times)
Msobh (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:33:29 AM

we know that we face a shortage on the RX 500 series . but what about this one AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100 .. anyone tried to mine Ethereum or Zcash with it ? any benchmark for it ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:28:20 AM

You know you can get an idea from the wiki on radeon cards right?

Pretty much the exact same thing as an RX560 so.... pretty horrible value, unless you got one for $100. But these are $250 minimum. With 4GB RX 560 being $120-125 it makes no sense.

I did get a WX 5100 for $250, not a great deal but it should ROI in 2-3 months. Regardless I could resell it for more no matter what happens as its a workstation card that goes for $350-400.

Normally I would not have bought it  but at $250 I figured id mine for as long as possible with it and then sell for a profit. I offered the same on a second one the seller had, I think he caught on, he sold that one for $350.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:24:25 AM

i would not buy a thing that will be hard to resell for gamers, better to stick with gaming gpu, those dedicated gpu are a bad choice and they cost a lot, maybe just wait for the new vega gpu and see if it's worth it

Juggar

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:08:43 AM

I might as well report on my findings here for the Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 card since I seriously doubt anyone else will. It is a 4th gen GCN polaris card with 1792 cores and 8GB memory with a 75 watt TDP (no external power). Essentially an underclocked RX 565 if there ever was one.

Stock clocks were fairly horrid, as seen in the image. The only redeeming factor being Samsung memory. I had to heavily OC the memory to get any decent result. Anything past 1900 mhz resulted in decreased performance and it crashed at 1990 mhz.

When I attempted to dual mine (Eth + SIA) after getting the clocks in the sweet spot the card just wasn't having it.

Best I could do was 16.4 mhs Eth and 460 mhs for Sia, it was forcing the card to draw too much power and the clocks were throttling hard down to like 750-850 mhz. It was also at 89 C dual mining.

Changed over to Eth only and got a much better 21 mhs with a stable 79 C and clocks around 1173 mhz. Power was hovering around 75-82 watts , the other card is an RX560 with a maxed out memory OC.

It is absolutely not a card built for sustained heavy load but it does manage and gets the job done decently. For my $250 I dont think I did bad, will mine with it and resell for more at a later time.

If you somehow get these for super cheap(less than $200) then its an instant buy

KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 08:08:17 AM

I might as well report on my findings here for the Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 card since I seriously doubt anyone else will. It is a 4th gen GCN polaris card with 1792 cores and 8GB memory with a 75 watt TDP (no external power). Essentially an underclocked RX 565 if there ever was one.

Stock clocks were fairly horrid, as seen in the image. The only redeeming factor being Samsung memory. I had to heavily OC the memory to get any decent result. Anything past 1900 mhz resulted in decreased performance and it crashed at 1990 mhz.

When I attempted to dual mine (Eth + SIA) after getting the clocks in the sweet spot the card just wasn't having it.

Best I could do was 16.4 mhs Eth and 460 mhs for Sia, it was forcing the card to draw too much power and the clocks were throttling hard down to like 750-850 mhz. It was also at 89 C dual mining.

Changed over to Eth only and got a much better 21 mhs with a stable 79 C and clocks around 1173 mhz. Power was hovering around 75-82 watts , the other card is an RX560 with a maxed out memory OC.

It is absolutely not a card built for sustained heavy load but it does manage and gets the job done decently. For my $250 I dont think I did bad, will mine with it and resell for more at a later time.

If you somehow get these for super cheap(less than $200) then its an instant buy

On paper it doesn't seem like a bad card. 1792 stream processors is like china's Rx 470D, a slightly cut down 470 and it has 8gb ram too. I think the problem is 75W tdp limit, it is limited by power draw, not core or memory. Have you tried severe undervolt or raising power limit? Eth only mining should increase hash also.

1000mhz clock, 1850 memory, 800mv. Use 1425 or 1500 straps.
Juggar

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:50:15 PM

On paper it doesn't seem like a bad card. 1792 stream processors is like china's Rx 470D, a slightly cut down 470 and it has 8gb ram too. I think the problem is 75W tdp limit, it is limited by power draw, not core or memory. Have you tried severe undervolt or raising power limit? Eth only mining should increase hash also.

Ill look into it later today but ill have to try and undervolt, raising the power limit is useless as its already at that 75 watt limit at default. Eth only mining does increase hash from 16 to 21.

undervolting and memory straps may yield excellent results. Still, you can tell its really struggling in that 75 watt power envelope.
mankeen

Activity: 644
Merit: 292

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:59:02 PM

any one try AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100
DeadStaar

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:35:14 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 09:48:04 PM by DeadStaar

any one try AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100

[Edit]
Oops mixed up my replies(lol).

I have one on the way! I'll let you know. I suspect it wont be any different than my Radeon Pro Duo(Polaris), which is effectively two of the WX7100s in one card. I'm guessing and expecting the 7100 to run hot, though.
DeadStaar

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:57:43 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 10:25:02 PM by DeadStaar

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1288/3ymtZL.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/896/Xjsdmz.jpg

Ill look into it later today but ill have to try and undervolt, raising the power limit is useless as its already at that 75 watt limit at default. Eth only mining does increase hash from 16 to 21.

undervolting and memory straps may yield excellent results. Still, you can tell its really struggling in that 75 watt power envelope.

Yeah undervolting would definitely be nice. The nice thing about these cards is you can cram them into a fullsize PC case and potentially end up with a 6 GPU rig. The same with the WX7100. This includes the use of the PCIE 1x port, which you can get adapters to adapt it over to x16 and it will not impact the performance for mining in the least...unlike video games. This is because the GPU doesn't need to constantly speak and potentially bottleneck the CPU. All the calculations happen elusively in the card.  It would be the only reason to look at these cards, or the Quadro/ NVS single slot famly of cards. Of course, their cost would probably be harder to make up/ break even on. It's too bad AMD and Nvidia's most expensive cards are the low profile/ low TDP ones. You would definitely save on power, however.

Not sure why you'd have to OC the memory too much. The nice thing about this card is it's on a 256bit bus, which automatically grants you all the memory performance you could wish to get out of this card. It's when you are using >256bits that you really benefit from OC. It's the GPU I would maybe look at a little more --make up for some of those missing stream processors, in addition to undervolting. You'll crash trying to find that sweet spot, but you can find a nice compromise...even if it results in lowering voltage by -.050 and OC'ing +50MHZ, or lowering -.015 and OC'ing 100MHZ etc.

However, if you haven't already, Radeon Pro Adrenaline software has a Compute Mode. I have this mode with my Radeon Pro Duo(Polaris). It earns me an extra 1-2 Mega Hash/ sec when I do that. Not sure which drivers you are using, but it should be in Radeon Settings > Profiles > Global. The Radeon Enterprise Software doesn't have this mode. Also make sure you are using 17.7, or earlier. I seem to get worse hash performance with the latest. Considerably...like up to -5MH/S  Oh...and the odd thing about Compute mode...I gain an extra 1-2 frames even in graphics benchmarks. Likely because benchmarks do a lot of physics/ compute scenes. Especially in DX12.

After flipping it over to Compute mode, lower the voltage -.025 at a time and record you average frames. This is going to tighten up the timing/ IPCs(instructions per cycle) in Compute and graphics scenarios. So if one side tells a better story, the other will as well. It doesn't always work that way, particularly with overclocking, but undervolting is like the universal language lol. You may fair better at either frames, vs, hashes, or vice-versa, but it's a positive and healthy and positive change all around...that is, of course, unless the card came a little on the undervolted side in the first place(not unheard of). You may as well further capitalize on that low TDP and drop the temps a couple degrees. Lower voltage theoretically means less resistance, means less heat, means better IPC performance(less latency). Regarding the throttling I recall seeing a tweak article that forces your GPUs to stay in a high priority state. A month ago I followed a Windows benchmarking tweak guide that suggested this. I wonder if that would help here?

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games
Change the following registry values:
“GPU Priority” change its value to 8
“Priority” set to 6
"Scheduling Category" set to "High"

https://forums.redacted.tv/threads/ultimate-windows-10-gaming-tweak-guide.1205/
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:11:04 PM

The WX series cards are overpriced, lower clocked, IDENTICAL GPU variants on the RX series.
Total waste of $$$ even at current RX-series pricing.

They have poor cooling compared to RX-series cards due to the single-slot width design (which is WHY they get clocked lower).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
nicetrade

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:01:23 AM

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1288/3ymtZL.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/896/Xjsdmz.jpg

have you installed the AMD Blockchain drivers ? if so how much improvement ?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx#
carpenoctem

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:34:59 AM

I think the people giving the impression that the wx line is just an overprices version of the rx cards, is a little misleading.

workstation cards are usually double precision computation cards. (radeon pro/nvidia quadro)
This is used for high level computations.
Its used for calculating things like fluid dynamics, and simulation models.

As far as I know, there is no script/program that takes advantage of this for crypto-mining.

It's all what you plan to use it for. In this case, it's a little lower (wx 5100) than the rx480 in a consumer use environment.

BUT with the average price of a USED rx480 is floating around $450, when 2 years ago it was $200 (4gb model. higher ram requirements aren't going to be hindrance until later this year/next year), it makes buying a new wx7100 really tempting.

A new wx7100 is floating around $450 at the moment if you know where to look.

BTW a rx580 is just a slightly higher clocked rx480, and is about $600 at the moment.
CryptoCoin101

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 05:42:21 PM

workstation cards are usually double precision computation cards. (radeon pro/nvidia quadro)

These are graphic cards not usually intended for repeated calculation ex: mining.

As far as I know, there is no script/program that takes advantage of this for crypto-mining.

It might be great to create a coin which uses double precision algorithm suitable for these cards.
coinfused.so

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

ZEN

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

These are graphic cards not usually intended for repeated calculation ex: mining.

It might be great to create a coin which uses double precision algorithm suitable for these cards.

Make it linked with HDD mining and I am all ears. would be interested to know the benefits of double precision algorithm?
lord_island

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 05:59:24 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to the mining game and wondering if you could advise on the following card:

https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/amd-firepro-w5100-pcie-x16-4096mb-gddr5-fh-graphics

These seem really cheap compared to the Radeon Pro and I read that they're business grade cards so they're built for heavy duty usage.

Could I get started with a couple of these on a workstation motherboard?
stevenfindley

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 07:00:40 PM

The wireless printer setup is one of the core elements of business activities at workplaces. Doing it within the desired manner ensures the supply of your printer for official purposes and once you feel the necessity for it. Read the article below to know all the specified steps to attach the Brother printer to wifi.

When it involves How to connect brother printer to WiFi alongside fixing the configuration of your Brother printer, it's important to follow the right rules and steps for an uninterrupted performance. So, read below the article intimately and determine all the steps you would like to follow if your brother printer not connecting to wifi. The solutions also can be followed for the below-mentioned models once you connect your Brother printer to wifi, you'll enjoy printing from anywhere even also from your mobile. With the assistance of USB cable, Brother Printer also can be configured for a wireless network to require your computer on the network. Before establishing a connection, you're required to possess a password and therefore the network name. So, keep these requirements in your hand in order that you'll enter them when it's asked to offer in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: