Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:21:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TURBOCOIN IS A SCAM, dillavou/turbo815 is stealling users coins  (Read 3035 times)
Hillwood Hustlaz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:36:40 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 07:40:49 PM by Hillwood Hustlaz

Yesterday turbocoin.us, original url was http://pool.dillavouws.com, became inaccessible. The server is still online but has been rendered unusable for about 24 hours now. The developer, dillavou, has also disappeared from the IRC channel ever since it went down.

Anyone have any insight as to where the developer disappeared to? Why the website is down? I am hoping I did not lose my earnings as I am new to all of this stuff. Has anyone had problems with this guy before?

I tried asking in the IRC but the main developer and the mods all disappeared from there and I have not received any responses from them. Only other users asking why it's down and where their funds are.

.us does not allow domain privacy so the domain owners details are openly available online.

Administrative Contact ID: CR142580911
Administrative Contact Name: Mike Chapman
Administrative Contact Organization: Turbocoin
Administrative Contact Address1: 82 Christchurch Road
Administrative Contact City: Tilbury
Administrative Contact State/Province: Essex
Administrative Contact Postal Code: Rm18 7RD
Administrative Contact Country: United Kingdom
Administrative Contact Country Code:  UK
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +44.02036744352
Administrative Contact Email: privatepartsbox@gmail.com

Who Is: whois.domaintools.com/turbocoin.us
Email: reversewhois.domaintools.com/?email=45a6e3de7a26943e53f2821489d04d36
Bitcoin Socially

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Find more coins!

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 08:41:24 PM

Yesterday turbocoin.us, original url was pool.dillavouws.com, became inaccessible. The server is still online but has been rendered unusable for about 24 hours now. The developer, dillavou, has also disappeared from the IRC channel ever since it went down.

Anyone have any insight as to where the developer disappeared to? Why the website is down? I am hoping I did not lose my earnings as I am new to all of this stuff. Has anyone had problems with this guy before?

I tried asking in the IRC but the main developer and the mods all disappeared from there and I have not received any responses from them. Only other users asking why it's down and where their funds are.

.us does not allow domain privacy so the domain owners details are openly available online.

Administrative Contact ID: CR142580911
Administrative Contact Name: Mike Chapman
Administrative Contact Organization: Turbocoin
Administrative Contact Address1: 82 Christchurch Road
Administrative Contact City: Tilbury
Administrative Contact State/Province: Essex
Administrative Contact Postal Code: Rm18 7RD
Administrative Contact Country: United Kingdom
Administrative Contact Country Code:  UK
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +44.02036744352
Administrative Contact Email: privatepartsbox@gmail.com

Who Is: whois.domaintools.com/turbocoin.us
Email: reversewhois.domaintools.com/?email=45a6e3de7a26943e53f2821489d04d36

That guy shut down the pool and stole everyone's coins... You can read more here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194805.120
Hillwood Hustlaz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:37:44 PM

i just talked to dillavou/turbo815 in the turbocoin irc channel

i mention the pool was down and he claims it was not but you can see it was down on this page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194805.120

he has scammed many people and has reopened his pool to continue his scam and get more coins. when i went to the irc page and asked what the downtime was about an if i could have my coins. dillavou then start cursing at me and said to "gtfo". i then told him that i just wanted to know where my coins are and how to access them and he then changed names in the irc channel from dillavou to turbo815 and started ignoring me. After some time past he started talking again and said he was not scamming. I then told him that I read here that he was and also that his website disappeared for 4 days(as many asked about it in that time here on forum). i said i was going to copy the irc chat here but before i copied it he got mad and banned me from his irc page and so i was completely scammed by turbocoin.us for my chncoins.
MiningUnited

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:37:45 PM

Unbelievable. It now makes perfect sense why people are so on edge about new BitCoin and related services with stories like this.
zocipro

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:42:42 PM

Hope that will never meet something similar.
ekylypse

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:06:17 PM

I was in the chat room. The "guest"(aka Hillwood Hustlaz) claimed he would put the transcript up, but didn't. I have since closed the chat window, but the convo started off with Hillwood Hustlaz cursing the pool operator and then claiming the site was down for 4 days when it was not even down for 2, and did eventually ask him to leave before finally kicking him. Hillwood Hustlaz went on and on about "go to hell" and whatnot. I don't know who has not gotten a payout but it seems to be working fine.
Melon_Bread

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:06:28 PM

Oh WOW  Shocked
Thanks for the heads up.
Bitcoin Socially

Activity: 84

Find more coins!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 08:17:19 PM

i just talked to dillavou/turbo815 in the turbocoin irc channel

i mention the pool was down and he claims it was not but you can see it was down on this page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194805.120

he has scammed many people and has reopened his pool to continue his scam and get more coins. when i went to the irc page and asked what the downtime was about an if i could have my coins. dillavou then start cursing at me and said to "gtfo". i then told him that i just wanted to know where my coins are and how to access them and he then changed names in the irc channel from dillavou to turbo815 and started ignoring me. After some time past he started talking again and said he was not scamming. I then told him that I read here that he was and also that his website disappeared for 4 days(as many asked about it in that time here on forum). i said i was going to copy the irc chat here but before i copied it he got mad and banned me from his irc page and so i was completely scammed by turbocoin.us for my chncoins.

Was in the turbocoin chat when something like this took place and did witness the owner changing his name and ignoring someone that was asking about their earnings. I also witnessed him saying to gtfo and claiming that the pool was down only 24 hours. I know this is not true because I know it was down for me for at least 48 hours. The guy asking about his earnings did seam to be pissed off, but that is understandable if he had a lot of coins in his account when the pool disappeared for more then 2 days.

Not sure if the incident I saw in the chat is the same one you stated above, or if it was you, but it sounds really similar. The guy asking about his earnings had a guest name. Also it is true that the pool has been down for days with out any information as to why. It still has not be stated why.

This service did payout up until the disappearance. Now I don't know if they are paying again or what as I quit using the pool once they shutdown without notice.

Also the fact that I earn more mining Bitcoin, at tripleming, or Litecoin, at litecoinpool, seamed strange for a pool mining a new coin.
Hillwood Hustlaz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:30:26 PM

said in first post that after told him i was going to copy the chat he kicked me out before i could
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

That stinks. This is the main reason why I prefer to stick with more popular pools and will only move to smaller pools that if they offer a much bigger reward. But even then I would be very careful about going to smaller pools. Sorry that had to happen to you:(, best of luck if the future!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: