Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Asic Shippments Batch 2  (Read 920 times)
applejack7 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:28:05 PM

I google for "Avalon Asic Batch 2" every day with a 24hr time period filter on it looking for more information on when Avalon will ship.
To date, they have replied to no ones emails, support issues and requests on posts.

I have to say, not only is this poor customer service, it's just downright lame.

yeah, yeah, I hear all you fools drooling over the unit saying be nice, wait, be patient.

So who thinks this sucks?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:33:33 PM

What do you expect when you're dealing with young niche startup companies? AAA service?

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
vekt0r7

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:07:40 PM

I google for "Avalon Asic Batch 2" every day with a 24hr time period filter on it looking for more information on when Avalon will ship.
To date, they have replied to no ones emails, support issues and requests on posts.

I have to say, not only is this poor customer service, it's just downright lame.

yeah, yeah, I hear all you fools drooling over the unit saying be nice, wait, be patient.

So who thinks this sucks?
If you want customer support or at least even any kind of communication you should have ordered at ButterflyLabs. Unfortunately their "open" approach isn't helping either.

Avalon explicitly stated that "no news is good news" and that they're not going to waste their time with babysitting all customers.
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:23:02 PM

What do you expect when you're dealing with young niche startup companies? AAA service?

It does seem that a lot of people are expecting the same customer service from these Bitcoin startups as they'd get when they order something from Amazon.  This WOULD be nice, but it isn't realistic.

BFL will deliver, and Avalon will get their follow up batches out.

I think that some people who are just getting into Bitcoin are not doing any proper research and only have BTC in their eyes (or more likely, $ in their eyes).  

I see people posting things like "I ordered my Jalapeño yesterday - how many days before I get it?"
applejack7 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:28:05 PM

Come on, asking for a weekly update isnt Amazon service. No news is good news is bs when they still havent shipped even all batch 1 orders.

It takes 1 minute to post a topic or reply on this forum. Is that 1 minute going to kill thier production time? If so, what kind of production are they running in the first place?

Any company that can solicit hundreds of thousands in orders and manufacture Asic bitcoin super machines certainly could post once a week an update.

AvenG

Activity: 133
Merit: 101

Res Et Non Verbum

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:54:22 PM

You may also consider the vacations they're going to take once they finish sending all batch #1 units.

BTW, I'm batch #1 guy who is still waiting for my unit..

not for sale
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:57:00 PM

Hopefully there won't be such problems with Avalon chips since they don't have to do anything with them, just ship to customers.

BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 03:04:49 PM

Come on, asking for a weekly update isnt Amazon service. No news is good news is bs when they still havent shipped even all batch 1 orders.

It takes 1 minute to post a topic or reply on this forum. Is that 1 minute going to kill thier production time? If so, what kind of production are they running in the first place?

Any company that can solicit hundreds of thousands in orders and manufacture Asic bitcoin super machines certainly could post once a week an update.

Yes your right it only takes 1 minute. And as you said any company that can solicit hundreds of thousands in orders could certainly post a once a week update. so hundreds of thousands times one minute is hundreds of thousands of minutes a week, or thousands of hours which is tens of additional workers. We know there reliable enough since they have shipped batch 1 so no we just need to be patient and wait for batch 2.
mralbi

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:18:29 AM

still, i am getting nervous.

applejack7 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:56:55 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 06:51:01 AM by applejack7

Its now June 6. They were supposed to have shipped a long time ago... No word, no post, no email. Five seconds it took me to post this reply.
AndrewHenson

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:14:28 AM

Hello,

I am waiting for batch 2 to be shipped aswell, I bought a pre-order Batch 2 Avalon last week.

If I hear any news on order 1277 that was paid for on the 18th Feb I will post a message here.

Looking on the Avalon site the status of batch 2 is in production.

Guess we need to be patient.

rgds

Andrew

AndrewHenson

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:29:38 AM

Hello,

Does anyone have a phone number for Avalon, I looked on their website but I cannot find one.

thanks

Andrew
Breen2543

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:05:07 AM

Great news
Lathanium

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:42:17 AM

Ok fellas, you really need to keep yourselves informed.  Hopefully theres some useful links I can provide.  You all know Avalons machines exist, and hopefully you should all know that when you purchased one there would be some risk in when you'll get your machine.  If you didn't factor in this risk then I guess you won't appreciate the the gains of such risks.

Anyways, to keep yourselves informed sign up for the mailing list located at the bottom of their website.   http://launch.avalon-asics.com/

Heres one of their recent emails.  http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=238a9ecd2e5192e3cd3ace26d&id=c8dda21854

And heres all of their updates emailed out  http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/home/?u=238a9ecd2e5192e3cd3ace26d&id=9bf987f2aa&orig-lang=1

I hope these links work and help you out a bit.  Cheers
ollie78

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:47:02 AM

Makes you wonder if they are slowly releasing to avoid a drastic increase to the difficulty which may drive people away, in turn costing them easy money.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:54:18 AM

Do not preorder them, you will never get them its a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: