Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:37:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I have a 100 XRP loan to get started with Ripple?  (Read 1432 times)
BTCGaga

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:50:06 AM

Well, this is my first time with Ripple too.  Seems that I had missed their giveaway.  If anyone can send me something to get started, I would be grateful

rwfRor9wxgZEi7k4Ps2Rg3Q5SWichbSvaW

For some bitcoins I can send you some, cause ripples have gone up in value. PM me.

I have been hearing alot about Ripple, but I still do not understand what is going on. I hear from one side that Ripple is amazing and that I should invest, and then on the other, that Ripple is a scam. Which is it?
BTCGaga

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:08:51 AM

Well, this is my first time with Ripple too.  Seems that I had missed their giveaway.  If anyone can send me something to get started, I would be grateful

rwfRor9wxgZEi7k4Ps2Rg3Q5SWichbSvaW

For some bitcoins I can send you some, cause ripples have gone up in value. PM me.

I have been hearing alot about Ripple, but I still do not understand what is going on. I hear from one side that Ripple is amazing and that I should invest, and then on the other, that Ripple is a scam. Which is it?

Just like bitcoin don't invest what you can't lose. A lot of people call ripple a scam cause unlike bitcoins it is run by a company out to make a profit. So people that hardcore bitcoiners take that as an automatic scam alert. It is more of an exchange that uses a different method to exchange. Instead of send the money first and then making the exchange. Ripple makes you send it to a gateway, they hold on to it like escrow you make trades and then when your ready to cash out of the ripple system it will then credit your bitcoin address or bank account or whatever. That is also why people call it a scam. Opencoin the company that runs ripple, which is open source and you can run your own gateway, was just backed by Google ventures. Also the the team has Jed who created Mt Gox back in 2010, and edonkey. So you have to make up your own mind and I gave you a very basic overview.

Gweedo,

That was really helpful, thank you!
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:45:43 AM

It is a very new system, no harm playing around with some XRPs, but don't dump your entire fortune into XRPs Smiley .  It is still Beta!
rynoce

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:53:41 PM

Hello,

I'm new to this whole ripple thing as well. I'm trying to deposit btc into my ripple wallet, but I need 100xrp sent from someone before I can even grant any trusts. Any help would be much appreciated!

rMQ7isFTaGtsichMGNkHEgUTRqkE6HnSu2

Ryan
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: