Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:01:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I move my Bitcoin wallet to an External Hard Drive ?  (Read 530 times)
Simon Whelan (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:44:16 PM

Hi :

I’m new to this site and, actually new to both Bitcoins specifically & digital crypto currencies more generally.

The question I have may have already have been answered.

The problem is that if such answers exist I’m not sure how to go about finding them.

If you know where the answer to my question has already been posted then please let me kbnow where I may find those answers.

I recently bought some bitcoins and I have them in a wallet on the machine that I’m normally connected to the Internet with.

This is probably NOT the smartest way to protect your wallet.

So my question is :

“How do I move my bitcoin wallet to an external hard drive” ?

My computer is a Mac Mini running  mac OSX 10.9.5 .

I’d like to thank everyone in advance for any constructive advice, help and suggestion you may be so kind as to send me.

Thank You Very Much !

All the best & I look forward to hearing from you … Simon
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 04:50:48 PM

What wallet software are you using?

You can move the install of the wallet software to an external drive as you would with any other software. However the data will not necessarily move with it, but moving the data depends on your wallet software as each one does it differently.

Side note: Can you please skip the preamble in your new threads? It makes it difficult for people to actually find your question to be able to answer it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: