Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:39:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sing transaction with private key only  (Read 397 times)
JavaScriptus (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 06:42:28 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 08:09:01 AM by JavaScriptus

suggest any good source to sing transaction offline

Web developer, pm me.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6648

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 06:52:19 PM

Anything that can sign a Bitcoin transaction is, by definition, a Bitcoin client. This is because bitcoin transactions have a certain format and algorithm for signing and require data that can only come from something that is designed for Bitcoin specifically.

It certainly is possible to have such a setup, and in fact, it is fairly easy to do. Armory is designed to make such a setup very easy to do. So you can install Armory on both machines, and on the online one, you also install Core and download the entire blockchain. On the offline machine, you install Armory and make a new wallet. Then make a watch-only version of that wallet and move it to the online machine via a USB drive. When you want to spend, you use the online machine to make the unsigned transaction (and all of the other necessary data for signing) and put that on the USB drive and take it to the offline machine to sign. Once it is signed, you take it back to the online machine to broadcast.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:43:53 PM

is possible to sing transaction with private key only?

i use 2 computers,
1- offline (without bitcoin or any other bitcoin client) (only private keys are there)
2- online computer with watch only address,

i want to make the transaction on PC-2 and go on PC-1 sing it (???how to do without bitcoin client Huh maybe some php/JS/python script?Huh)
and get back on PC-2 fix the transaction and broadcast it.

is this possible ?

please suggest me any script or idea.

I feel this can be done with electrum as well as bitcoin core+armory.
First, add the private keys into the electrum wallet.
Click to send a transaction with the specific amounts/fees.
Click to send the transaction.
Right click on the transaction and select details, then save.
Then this information (TXid, input scripts and output scripts) can be impored onto the online computer. (without a need for downloading the entire blockchain).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: