Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin slowing up?  (Read 1671 times)
GambitBTC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:46:01 PM

Seems to be moving slower than opposed to the last week.

Anyone else experiencing lag?
thep33t

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

With diff increase a large portion of the hashing power moved off.

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
daytrader420

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:57:04 PM

The difficulty has skyrocketed, leaving all miners abandoning ship.
I anticipated moving mine off yesterday after the difficulty change, so I moved off quickly.

Its unfortunate that the difficulty has to remain so high, and that there's not a dynamically changing difficulty which will adjust, while rewarding those who choose to mine during a decline. BTB has this, I know it is based off NVC and maybe they have it also.

It's unfortunate, but we've seen now what it can do to a coin network. I first joined FTC when it was 500 mh/s, saw it jump to 8 gh/s, now it is back to 1.5 gh/s and dropping.

Smiley

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:58:24 PM

With diff increase a large portion of the hashing power moved off.
Could someone explain how does this affect those who didn't left the boat? Do they find more coins?

BTC: 16MZAq1ogFoMskBXgvDkCFdACsXaGiRPfM LTC: LUVnnG5DJY3bs4h7o1SThZVyjurUTuaa23
PPC: P9K354LGkHaZioQfwn6yhg81K5LhBzpPwC FTC: 729uZ2hAY11nZz81eafvnQpvZknxky7Lbt
PWC: pAKN6fJXGErJ7KqWgSfrdpuw6cYpjdM5rk
wozza

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:02:05 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 10:47:52 PM by wozza

No. They do not find more coins as the mining difficulty remains the same (for now).
GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:06:07 PM

Is this the beginning of the end for FTC?
thep33t

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:07:49 PM

If there was a good answer for this, I would have clerks and hired help post this topic for me.

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
d2.cc

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 10:12:46 PM

Could someone explain how does this affect those who didn't left the boat? Do they find more coins?

Blocks will still be found by the people who remain on the network. They won't find more coins, no. Our pool is now at 1/4 of the hash rate it had before the difficulty increase (40 MH/s from almost 200 MH/s) so it's taking us longer to find blocks, but the rewards are much higher to the users still on the pool. https://ftc.d2.cc

When the difficulty re-targets, more people will start mining on it again I'm sure.

Once upon a time
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 10:37:17 PM

Blocks will still be found by the people who remain on the network. They won't find more coins, no. Our pool is now at 1/4 of the hash rate it had before the difficulty increase (40 MH/s from almost 200 MH/s) so it's taking us longer to find blocks, but the rewards are much higher to the users still on the pool. https://ftc.d2.cc

When the difficulty re-targets, more people will start mining on it again I'm sure.

I don't think so.  Price has to go up first.  If price does not go up first, after the re-target there will be more coins being generated (the normal amount).  The price could drop even faster then. 

GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:41:00 PM

I hope all works out, im growing quite fond of feathercoin.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:47:11 PM

My question wasn't really right.
As I understand, when there is suddenly less miners they have a great chance of finding more blocks because there are less competitors. So they get more coins than before. Am I right?

BTC: 16MZAq1ogFoMskBXgvDkCFdACsXaGiRPfM LTC: LUVnnG5DJY3bs4h7o1SThZVyjurUTuaa23
PPC: P9K354LGkHaZioQfwn6yhg81K5LhBzpPwC FTC: 729uZ2hAY11nZz81eafvnQpvZknxky7Lbt
PWC: pAKN6fJXGErJ7KqWgSfrdpuw6cYpjdM5rk
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:58:19 PM

Yea this shit is moving stupidly slow right now. Last time I will deal with FTC.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 11:01:43 PM

Yea this shit is moving stupidly slow right now. Last time I will deal with FTC.

Try GRouPcoin, it has adaptive difficulty but has never actually been stress-tested live. Jump on it drive the difficulty way the heck up then abandon it so we can see its adaptive difficulty in action.

It uses the same adaptation as DeVCoin, so if it works for GRouPcoin presumably DeVCoin will also be fine.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
kilwar

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:03:01 PM

Slowing down. Things don't slow up Tongue
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:04:26 PM

Haha what pulled you into it Gambit?

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:11:30 PM

Feathercoin can one day be worth whatever you want it to be worth, the only thing is that people can't only be mining and speculating, in order for any of these coins to have real value you have to build an actual ecosystem using it.  Like it or not, the real reason bitcoins are actually valuable is that people actually use them to purchase real things, whether it's reddit gold or shady shit.  If you want feathercoins to be valuable you have to go and actually build the ecosystem for them.  Build a marketplace that uses FTC for actual purchases and then there'll actually be real demand and purpose to it.  I don't own nearly enough FTC for this to be worth it for me but if you took a big stake in it why not make a store that lets you buy shit from Amazon with feathercoins or some shit?
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:22:06 PM

Feathercoin can one day be worth whatever you want it to be worth, the only thing is that people can't only be mining and speculating, in order for any of these coins to have real value you have to build an actual ecosystem using it.  Like it or not, the real reason bitcoins are actually valuable is that people actually use them to purchase real things, whether it's reddit gold or shady shit.  If you want feathercoins to be valuable you have to go and actually build the ecosystem for them.  Build a marketplace that uses FTC for actual purchases and then there'll actually be real demand and purpose to it.  I don't own nearly enough FTC for this to be worth it for me but if you took a big stake in it why not make a store that lets you buy shit from Amazon with feathercoins or some shit?

Actually quite a lot of people, both those with little of it and a lot of it, are contributing into the ecosystem and trying to help it grow. Obviously, there won't be a noticeable difference over the course of only a few days though.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
nutnut88

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:50:54 PM

The confirmations are taking MUCH longer.....  Undecided
daytrader420

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

The confirmations are taking MUCH longer.....  Undecided

That is , because, the difficulty is sky high, and everyone's left the network.

It is taking longer than normal for the few remaining miners to find new blocks on the network.

Smiley
GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:26:49 AM

Haha what pulled you into it Gambit?

A generous donation from a miner friend of mine ;P
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: