Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decred coin  (Read 851 times)
chris190 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:01:14 AM

Is it worth investing in the decred? They might also have a potential in fact they are rising from $ 32 to $ 40, but it could only be a speculative bubble then collapse. what do you think?

I've read that it should also implement smart contract  and have a potential similar to ethereum! It's true?

▄▄
                 ████▄
                 ██████▄
                 ███ ▀███▄
         ▄████▄▄ ███   ▀███▄
       ▄████████████▄    ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ███▀▀▀██████▄▄  ███
   ▄███▀  ███    ███ ▀▀███████
 ▄███▀    ███    ███     ▀███
████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████   █████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀████
        ███▄     ███    ███    ▄███▀
       ███████▄▄ ███    ███  ▄███▀
       ███  ▀▀██████▄▄▄███ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄    ▀████████████▀
         ▀███▄   ███ ▀▀████▀
           ▀███▄ ███
             ▀██████
               ▀████
                 ▀▀
4NEW
███
███  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █
███
THE WORLD'S FIRST TANGIBLE WASTE TO ENERGY BLOCKCHAIN
✥     ANN Thread     ✥     Whitepaper     ✥     Facebook     ✥     Twitter     ✥     Telegram     ✥

███
    █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
    █  ███
        ███

███
                                ███
                                ███
                        ███  ███
                        ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
        ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:07:26 PM

Hello there. Most price increase in crypto is due to speculation. Speculation is another word for investors' calculations, estimations and expectations.
So 'speculation' is not a bad word --- it just means what investors anticipate for the future. I think in this case, the speculation is good...
If you think about it, Decred solves Bitcoin's main problem through its implementation of hard fork voting.
The price increase from $30 to $40 is nothing I think, compared to what's coming for DCR
chris190 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:11:07 PM

Hello there. Most price increase in crypto is due to speculation. Speculation is another word for investors' calculations, estimations and expectations.
So 'speculation' is not a bad word --- it just means what investors anticipate for the future. I think in this case, the speculation is good...
If you think about it, Decred solves Bitcoin's main problem through its implementation of hard fork voting.
The price increase from $30 to $40 is nothing I think, compared to what's coming for DCR

Thanks!

▄▄
                 ████▄
                 ██████▄
                 ███ ▀███▄
         ▄████▄▄ ███   ▀███▄
       ▄████████████▄    ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ███▀▀▀██████▄▄  ███
   ▄███▀  ███    ███ ▀▀███████
 ▄███▀    ███    ███     ▀███
████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████   █████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀████
        ███▄     ███    ███    ▄███▀
       ███████▄▄ ███    ███  ▄███▀
       ███  ▀▀██████▄▄▄███ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄    ▀████████████▀
         ▀███▄   ███ ▀▀████▀
           ▀███▄ ███
             ▀██████
               ▀████
                 ▀▀
4NEW
███
███  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █
███
THE WORLD'S FIRST TANGIBLE WASTE TO ENERGY BLOCKCHAIN
✥     ANN Thread     ✥     Whitepaper     ✥     Facebook     ✥     Twitter     ✥     Telegram     ✥

███
    █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
    █  ███
        ███

███
                                ███
                                ███
                        ███  ███
                        ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
        ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
ctor

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:23:22 PM

From a certain perspective the price is indeed speculative right now like with most altcoins. The project is single-team and you cannot buy much directly with DCR, although bridges like coinpayments.net solve this problem.

But to my view it has the lowest chances to collapse compared to many altcoins I have looked into. All aspects of the project, perhaps with the exception of hype (luckily), are very solid.

My projection is that the price will become less speculative and more real as time goes.
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:27:13 PM

I haven't really followed decred so well but what else are they intending to implement that would boost the price further?

The problem with speculation is its usually based on peoples expectation for the future and that leads to volatility whenever projects under or over deliver. I've always been on the fence with decred because I feel people are pricing in more than they can really give.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:31:34 PM

From a certain perspective the price is indeed speculative right now like with most altcoins. The project is single-team and you cannot buy much directly with DCR, although bridges like coinpayments.net solve this problem.

But to my view it has the lowest chances to collapse compared to many altcoins I have looked into. All aspects of the project, perhaps with the exception of hype (luckily), are very solid.

My projection is that the price will become less speculative and more real as time goes.
that's right its much better to wait for the value to grow in a natural ways though we really aiming for the price to hype up since it can be more profitable for most traders and like what OP mention the value really went up and its possible to grow more nor to collapse down but basically we are inside crypto and we really don't have capability to know what will happen tomorrow.
Multatio

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:43:12 PM

I can not tell you whether to invest or not, but at least what I can tell you is that it has everything but the potential of Ethereum. Ethereum is backed by companies and big players, while Decred is for now a geeky toy for miners and traders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: