Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:11:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 1,000 or so Bitcoins to finance 121 kW solar farm  (Read 6799 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:03:59 PM

I see you will be in SJ.  Maybe I will see you there.  Do you have a booth?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
510nano (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:38:55 PM

No, I am not Dank.

See www.510nano.com.

Where did you get the layout for your site?  I like the design.

Friend of mine from grad school helped us out with the site.
He has been in the business for 20 years, now.
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:39:23 PM

There's a long-term loans section of the forum that may be better suited: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=88.0.

Thanks.
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:40:09 PM

Are you planning to break this up into several smaller loans?  Or are you looking for one big lump sum?

I figured that it would be a few investors, rather than just one.
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:42:01 PM

If bitcoins became worth $1,000 each within the time frame you have set out, how would you propose to pay them back?

Bitcoins will finance the facility based on USD return scenario.
And so, the facility and its cash flows provides a hedge against market rate fluctuations.
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

Do you also sell Alpacas? (Just kidding.)

No, I am not Dank.

See www.510nano.com.

Where did you get the layout for your site?  I like the design.

http://templates.bigwebmaster.com/website-templates/20347/greensoft-website-template.html

EDIT: You should update your address as "Suite 510" doesn't actually exist (according to DC Center's managers). It would be Suite 500, Office 10a/10b. (There is no mailing address "510"). I'd hate for you guys to miss any legal documents down the road.

https://i.imgur.com/Irmk1SR.jpg

We have been using 510 per management's approval since we got there some three year's ago.
No updating required.  Thanks.
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:45:11 PM

Generally speaking, taking out a BTC loan to pay for items in fiat money is an exceedingly bad idea. Even a small fluctuation in the wrong direction will send the debt you owe spiraling out of control. Your best bet is to secure your funds through traditional methods.

Thanks.  I understand and appreciate your honesty.
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:49:25 PM

We will be there but will not have a booth.
And from the looks of it, will not be advertising this project.  Smiley
I hoped to express to other markets the pervasiveness and relevancy of bitcoins and renewable energy.
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:51:24 PM

Maybe he's hoping it'll flop and he only has to pay back $10?

I hope the best for bitcoins and renewable energy.
Investment stratagem was based on USD using bitcoins.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:07:13 PM

You can try to do a crowdfunded long term project using BTC.  Just tie the project to the USD.  You can do this on BTCJam.

Just specify it as a USD denominated loan at a reasonable USD interest rate and see if people will lend you BTC.

Personally I would not loan you BTC for a USD denominated loan because I expect BTC prices to rise over the next 5 years so on a USD denominated loan I would get back less BTC, and possibly much less BTC, than I put into the loan.  Sure I would make the USD interest but I am long BTC so it makes more sense for me to just hold the BTC.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
510nano (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:42:55 PM

Thank you all for your comments.

I will set up a portal for interested parties.
With that, I will share a mutual NDA with you and give you access to the dropbox file on the project.
If you are to go to the conference, you will be able to visit and view the facility.

I will get the information out by Sunday.
Thank you again for your input and interest.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 03:25:59 PM

We will be there but will not have a booth.
And from the looks of it, will not be advertising this project.
  Smiley
I hoped to express to other markets the pervasiveness and relevancy of bitcoins and renewable energy.

There is something odd about a company that wants to raise $100,000 and advertises only on a bitcoin forum.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
crumbcake

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:18:22 PM

Thank you all for your comments.

I will set up a portal for interested parties.
With that, I will share a mutual NDA with you and give you access to the dropbox file on the project.
If you are to go to the conference, you will be able to visit and view the facility.

I will get the information out by Sunday.
Thank you again for your input and interest.

Excellent timing!
I'll be driving through DC on my way back from Detroit -- funding a monorail project there, I'm excited!  Bitcoin @30%/week + free monorail rides for life!  Meet me around 8pm on Monday  -- at Wendy's, the one off 495 off-ramp, right next to the cheap Getty station, not the one next to Midas Muffler -- you know the one.  If we agree on the terms (same deal as the monorail guy: about 1000BTC @about 30% (thirty per cent percent %) per week interest, compounded ... oh, weekly or thereabouts, and your word of honor to pay back just about everything in something like five (Five) years ), I will buy you a sandwich of your choice, small fries OR coleslaw + 1 large beverage.  My treat.  Deal? oktxbi
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:00:58 PM

Excellent timing!
I'll be driving through DC on my way back from Detroit -- funding a monorail project there, I'm excited!  Bitcoin @30%/week + free monorail rides for life!  Meet me around 8pm on Monday  -- at Wendy's, the one off 495 off-ramp, right next to the cheap Getty station, not the one next to Midas Muffler -- you know the one.  If we agree on the terms (same deal as the monorail guy: about 1000BTC @about 30% (thirty per cent percent %) per week interest, compounded ... oh, weekly or thereabouts, and your word of honor to pay back just about everything in something like five (Five) years ), I will buy you a sandwich of your choice, small fries OR coleslaw + 1 large beverage.  My treat.  Deal? oktxbi

candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:49:13 PM

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:13:13 PM

Any renewable energy company that has existing contracts is a 'shoe-in' to get a loan from a bank, especially in a state as progressive thinking as Cali (well, except for their budget).

Why are you here looking for a hedged loan in BTC?

You're asking for someone to fund ~$125k for your business's project, that the city is paying for? Anyone having dealt with local/regional government entities knows this is not how they do business.

AND, after all that, you want to repay in 5 years? Are you new to Cryptocurrency? Do you not realize BTC value fluctuations? We're at the cusp of social awareness of BTC, $1000/btc is a very real possibility within that timeframe.

Honestly this whole thing reads out like a total scam, whether intentional or not doesn't matter.
johnnyfla123

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:39:29 PM

MAYBE someone would give you a loan if you gave them the deed or ownership of something valuable as a security deposit IE your house. if you live in DC or near it houses their are expensive as hell. maybe if you sold your house and rented in the meantime you could just get the money yourself? i mean i would do something like that if me needing to startup something. the solar farm does look interesting. you only need a fuckload of sun and done.

codingagency.com anonymous and offshore vps and webhosting!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: