Bitcoin Forum
September 13, 2024, 10:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mincoin - The Future of Alt Currencies?  (Read 1452 times)
zacho56 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:47:43 AM

Recently I have been exploring my options in terms of other coins besides BTC and have stumbled across Mincoin (MNC). It is bronze to bitcoins gold and seems to be growing in popularity. I for one have thrown all my cpu resources into it and enjoy being a part of a new coin that will most definatly grow exponentially over the course of a few months. I look forward to this coins future Smiley What about you?

"I have a dream" - Martin Luther King JR
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:58:57 AM

Welcome to BTC talk.  Yeah, I will admit that I was one of the lucky few who was able to mine MNC early.  At first I thought it was nice to be able to mine a fair amount of a new currency from the beginning but after following this coin for the past couple of weeks, I must admit that it looks like it has a lot of potential.

People really like the 1 minute blocks and even though it only produces 2 coins per block, it's still producing at a rate close to bitcoin.

There is also (a very high quality) exhange for this coin at MCXNow.com.

Another altcurrency to watch out for is Microcash.  Microcash doesn't exist yet, but it will convert existing Solidcoins to Microcash dollars once it's released.  Microcash is a new project, from the ground up and should be an insane improvement to cryptocurrencies, in general.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
//v

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:03:27 AM

Why are you so sure it will "most definitely grow exponentially" over the next few months? Just curious.
zacho56 (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:49:12 PM

Welcome to BTC talk.  Yeah, I will admit that I was one of the lucky few who was able to mine MNC early.  At first I thought it was nice to be able to mine a fair amount of a new currency from the beginning but after following this coin for the past couple of weeks, I must admit that it looks like it has a lot of potential.

People really like the 1 minute blocks and even though it only produces 2 coins per block, it's still producing at a rate close to bitcoin.

There is also (a very high quality) exhange for this coin at MCXNow.com.

Another altcurrency to watch out for is Microcash.  Microcash doesn't exist yet, but it will convert existing Solidcoins to Microcash dollars once it's released.  Microcash is a new project, from the ground up and should be an insane improvement to cryptocurrencies, in general.

Yeah the 1 minute blocks are really an eye grabber. I see potential in this coin and enjoy being a part of its community. Thanks for the reply Smiley

"I have a dream" - Martin Luther King JR
melonedged737

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:02:38 PM

bitcoin and litecoin are the only coins that will survive longterm.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:05:23 PM

The only real potential with it is the rarity, and hence why I'm getting some. But someone else will come-out with one coin/one block an hour I'm sure just for the gimmick factor.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
melonedged737

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:06:08 PM

If it does get listed on exchange and the difficulty is not low, I will mine it.
anyroll

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:13:28 AM

Personally I prefer Feathercoin more the MNC
anyroll

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:16:02 AM

Suspicious link? I think so.
digikaze

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:14:08 AM

So what other alt coins would you suggest for someone that wants to do a long term investment in them?
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:20:58 AM

So what other alt coins would you suggest for someone that wants to do a long term investment in them?
BitCoin and LiteCoin are the only ones not going anywhere for sure.
Probably staying: DevCoin, NameCoin (partly/mostly because of merged mining with BitCoin and alternate uses)

Anything else is a gamble.
n-gage

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:25:16 AM

BitCoin and LiteCoin are the only ones not going anywhere for sure.
Probably staying: DevCoin, NameCoin (partly/mostly because of merged mining with BitCoin and alternate uses)
Anything else is a gamble.

Totally agree. There are a tons of trashcoins out there.
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:07:29 AM

On the topic of other currencies.

What clients and pools are you guys using to mine Litecoin, Feathercoin and whatever coin.

I wouldn't mind dabbling a bit, for curiosities sake.

Thanks!

jaekwon

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:09:40 AM

so nothing is fundamentally different, right? it's basically another bitcoin clone, much like litecoin.
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:14:18 AM

On the topic of other currencies.

What clients and pools are you guys using to mine Litecoin, Feathercoin and whatever coin.

I wouldn't mind dabbling a bit, for curiosities sake.

Thanks!
Clients are usually CGMiner or occasionally Reaper.
Pools are too numerous to count. For Litecoin, I usually do WeMineLTC.com for Pooled mining or P2PoolMining.com for P2P mining.
Jaseph

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:24:48 AM

Success always draws imitators and competition. The problem for any new currency is the amount of money already invested in Bitcoin. People might start mining new currencies because it only costs electricity and is much much easier than mining bitcoins. But over the long haul, it will be extremely difficult to overcome bitcoin's lead in terms of the size of the bitcoin economy and those who have already adopted it as a means of payment.
thepj

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:54:16 AM

bitcoin and litecoin are the only coins that will survive longterm.

While I agree with this, I don't mind speculating with newer alt coins to supplement the long-term earning potential for BTC/LTC with mining hardware!
usr45

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:55:56 AM

It is bronze to bitcoins gold and seems to be growing in popularity.

Oh god, I hope this is a parody post.
thepj

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:08:14 AM

It is bronze to bitcoins gold and seems to be growing in popularity.

Oh god, I hope this is a parody post.

It seems every new alt-coin is the bronze to BTC! Maybe that makes BBQ is the aluminium to BTC?

Regardless, I do like the 2 min blocks Cheesy
Jaseph

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:26:08 AM

Early adopters of any new currency always try and pump up their currency, but the momentum is with bitcoin and to a lesser extent litecoin. I guess it is possible for a few to survive, but the vast majority will fade away in my opinion. But of the 2 or 3 that survive, bitcoin will remain on top. No other cryptocurrency has the same money and momentum behind it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: