Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 03:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for some info.  (Read 315 times)
dpe88 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:26:00 PM

Hey everyone, a little help here. Very new to this whole cryptocurrency. So as of right now I just use coinbase as my wallet. Wondering what other wallets are recommended, ease of use and versatile. And if buying ICO's where to store them or best place to keep them. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:29:56 PM

Hey everyone, a little help here. Very new to this whole cryptocurrency. So as of right now I just use coinbase as my wallet. Wondering what other wallets are recommended, ease of use and versatile. And if buying ICO's where to store them or best place to keep them. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx.
Don't do that!
Move your coins somewhere safe, coinbase is just a website that can dissapear/get hacked or steal ur coins.
I recommend Electrum (software wallet) or Multibit. These are fast client without need to synchronise full.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1524

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:42:27 PM

Welcome to the crypto currency world. I hope you have a good experience with this amazing innovation. Coinbase is a time tested wallet and been around for a long time. So you can trust them with a small amount of holding. However, if you are planning for big amounts, I will suggest you to use hardware wallet.

Electrum lite wallet si my recommendation because you don't need to download the whole blockchain to use that. I also use blockchain wallet for storing some funds because I trade heavily during weekends. So for small amounts, use online and for good amount of funds, use hardware wallet.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:46:46 PM

First step: Get out of coinbase as fast as you can and if you really need to use a website, use something more reliable like blockchain.info or whatever. Coinbase is becoming notorious for being aggressive when it comes to closing accounts based on a small law or event with little time given to consumers to change their provider. They were involved in some closures recently for 2 US states.

As for ICOs it depends on the token/coin provided itself. There is never really a catch-all for ICOs in my experience. A pain in the ass, but expected.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:24:49 AM

You can transfer your coins in your bank account or store them in your wallet, it is depends on you on what do you want to do with your coins. You can still store them in your wallet so if bitcoin value increases you coins will also increase. 😁
DOGE12321

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:32:08 AM

Coinbase... Well as the first guy said online wallets are not the best choice. If you want a light wallet that doesn't use much space on your computer I will recommend Electrum. If you want a full wallet use Bitcoin Core. Both are good and secure choices. I personally use Electrum as Bitcoin Core takes too much space on my computer. I would recommend Electrum: https://electrum.org/#home

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:58:54 AM

As what others saying coinbase and all web wallets are only good for storing some funds that's not really huge, and if you have huge amount to store then desktop and hardware wallet is a must to secured your funds.

And if you are asking about an ICO wallet, then you can see it to their main thread or ANN thread, its either a web wallet or a desktop one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: