Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanges/Bitcoin - BIP148/Segwitx2/UASF/UAHF  (Read 1062 times)
Sinone (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:45:19 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 10:19:49 PM by Sinone

What to expect 1st August! (IF)

Here are 3 things ! UASF, UAHF AND CORE. UASF has many ideas and one of them in BIP 148. Now if UASF gets activated which is 51% of hash rate than the nodes which follow core will also have to follow uasf and this is a big threat to uasf as they might get lost!
UAHF is as you know the hard fork- so in new york agreement they discussed this and came up with somethings called segwit 2x and they are trying to activate that so bip148 threat doesn't happen.

The team support at poloniex - it seems not to be sure or capable to give an answer (yet)
Does anyone knows if BIP 148 got activated - will it be supported by poloniex or not? therefore, how to secure the funds and bitcoins?

So if bip148 activates- uahf will also activate, just to protect the side effect of BIP148
So we have 2 options - UAHF or segwit 2x!

and if UAHF happens they will support segwit on UAHF
but if segwit 2x happens before everything we are i think very safe!! if it gets activated (BIP148) then there will be hard fork- i will convert into alts!
i wont keep any btc
IF! is a big word - so some opinion about all the above would be much appreciated!

Other exchanges bittrex - do we know anything?

Thanks and I hope we all get the best - Segwitx2 imho (sorry miners)
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:36:45 AM

so far as i know all this drama is to activate SegWit and it seems like SegWit2x is going to do it and be compatible with SegWit that was first supposed to be activated.

with that said it has 75.7% support so far in the last <24 hours according to https://coin.dance/blocks and all the things you said are only going to happen in case of a split and from what i am seeing with a high hashrate aka majority support no split would happen. and remember than there is a lot of the hashrate from smaller miners who have not yet signaled, they may be waiting to just join in with the majority.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: