Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: segwit2X soon?  (Read 1701 times)
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:20:33 AM

80,6% now at Coin.dance
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:29:46 AM

80,6% now at Coin.dance
So it seems we will have a seamless transition and scaling upgrade won't disappoint us.
With so much hash power backed SegWit2x there is no way that chain will be split and I expect that other miners/mining pools will simply follow the majority.
from what i have read the "consensus" is at 95% not lower.
and that 0.8% you see is just fluctuations.
also the duration that they should keep signalling without falling under the said percentage on average is a full difficulty adjustment period. and then it will Lock_in. and it is on average meaning if it is 97% then goes down to 94% and up again and down again it still is considered on average above 95%
No AFAIK they change the number - 95% of hash majority was an unrealistic number to begin with. New threshold needed to proceed with upgrade is 80% support.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6572

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:54:15 AM

also the duration that they should keep signalling without falling under the said percentage on average is a full difficulty adjustment period. and then it will Lock_in. and it is on average meaning if it is 97% then goes down to 94% and up again and down again it still is considered on average above 95%
No AFAIK they change the number - 95% of hash majority was an unrealistic number to begin with. New threshold needed to proceed with upgrade is 80% support.

Just to avoid the hassles with these percentages, they changed the schedule to a more complicated one:

- first: they begin to signal for BIP91 and it gets locked in with 80%.
What does BIP91? BIP91 is very similar to the "UASF" "BIP148". If it's locked in, then all nodes and miners that run this client will only accept blocks from miners will be accepted if they signal for Segwit and they will mine alternative blocks if a chain is built on a "non-Segwit-Signalling" block, orphaning this chain.
- Then, they'll wait for Segwit to achieve 95% approval. As 80% of the miners are supposed to have switched to the BIP91 client, that will be very easy as they simply ignore any chain that includes a non-Segwit block - so it should be instantly 100% support.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:55:37 AM

https://coin.dance/blocks  76% blocks mined today support segwit2X
bitmain is raising an ICO to make sure they can buy enough hashrate to make sure a hard fork. But it seems that miners are supporting the compromise approach segwit2X now.

Yep. I've even read somewhere that it got up to like 80+%. I'm still not sure if I'd prefer SegWit or BU but I'll take any solution since I think any one of both is necessary as soon as possible.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:16:39 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 03:28:20 PM by Variogam

So it seems we will have a seamless transition and scaling upgrade won't disappoint us.
With so much hash power backed SegWit2x there is no way that chain will be split and I expect that other miners/mining pools will simply follow the majority.

It wont be so seamless transition, there going to be fight over the 2MB part for sure and it has potential to split Bitcoin if almost everybody relevant wont upgrade to 2MB. I think the USAF BIP148 folks wont accept 2MB and create toxic atmosphere again to prevent Core accept the 2MB part as well - potential for real Bitcoin split. So expect more drama in few months.

79.2% right now!!!

It can't get any closer. A difference of just 0.8%. I am still having a few doubts regarding it. For how long this 80% consensus needs to be maintained? And if the consensus dips below 80% for a short time period, does it gets void? This 80% mark, is it average required or the mandatory minimum?

The coinbase NYA voting is just expressing a position. The true signalling come next month when SegWit2x code is fully tested.

I'm still not sure if I'd prefer SegWit or BU but I'll take any solution since I think any one of both is necessary as soon as possible.

SegWit2x has nothing to do with BU. It is basicaly SegWit and 2MB base blocksize increase.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:33:53 PM

It wont be so seamless transition, there going to be fight over the 2MB part for sure and it has potential to split Bitcoin if almost everybody relevant wont upgrade to 2MB. I think the USAF BIP148 folks wont accept 2MB and create toxic atmosphere again to prevent Core accept the 2MB part as well - potential for real Bitcoin split. So expect more drama in few months.

79.2% right now!!!

It can't get any closer. A difference of just 0.8%. I am still having a few doubts regarding it. For how long this 80% consensus needs to be maintained? And if the consensus dips below 80% for a short time period, does it gets void? This 80% mark, is it average required or the mandatory minimum?

The coinbase NYA voting is just expressing a position. The true signalling come next month when SegWit2x code is fully tested.

I'm still not sure if I'd prefer SegWit or BU but I'll take any solution since I think any one of both is necessary as soon as possible.

SegWit2x has nothing to do with BU. It is basicaly SegWit and 2MB base blocksize increase.
As pointed out the real fireworks begin in October, when the war for the 2MB increase begins, this is just a period of peace until that day comes. No amount of hashrate will brainwash me into running Garzick's software tho. Unless reputable devs back it up im not going to install that one (and all Core devs are against it).

We'll see how this resolves... at least it seems I can have a more relaxed summer and not worry about August 1st anymore.
Doofus (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:49:39 AM

https://coin.dance/blocks  76% blocks mined today support segwit2X
bitmain is raising an ICO to make sure they can buy enough hashrate to make sure a hard fork. But it seems that miners are supporting the compromise approach segwit2X now.

Yeah, looks like segwit2x is going to happen. Bitmain is also in favour of it, the hardfork idea was their plan B (if segwit2x fails and UASF gets traction).

What ICO are you referring to?? If you mean Giga Watt, that's a scam:

https://blog.bitmain.com/en/gigawatt-infringement-announcement/
We have never authorized and will not authorize Giga Watt as our official hosting facility or our service center in the USA. We have never supported and will not support Giga Watt’s ICO. We have never authorized and will not authorize Giga Watt to use our BITMAIN trademark in any circumstances. Mr. WU Jihan has never been and will not be a member of Giga Watt team.
By ICO, i mean Bitmain is supporting Viabtc to start an ICO to buy enough hashrate to make sure a hard fork.
AlexBessonov

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:17:24 AM

https://coin.dance/blocks  76% blocks mined today support segwit2X

Yep. I've even read somewhere that it got up to like 80+%. I'm still not sure if I'd prefer SegWit or BU but I'll take any solution since I think any one of both is necessary as soon as possible.

86.1% now @ coin.dance. Looking good Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:58:54 AM

is this like litecoin where the time needed for the activation must match the time of the whole time of the diff retarget? i mean the current percentage must remain there for a tiem frame of two weeks right?
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:02:38 AM

This segwit BIP and all that stuff is starting to gather some traction beneath their belts now.

It isn't too long until it stops litecoin in it's track dead cold.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:53:29 AM

This segwit BIP and all that stuff is starting to gather some traction beneath their belts now.

It isn't too long until it stops litecoin in it's track dead cold.

Naw, ltc even at 100 bucks at btc's 3000 bucks if all btc cluster is resolved is likely
Imho. If btc current plan goes cluster, then ya ltc would well explode beyond a 100 bucks
say, as the only alternative with seg witness and lightning at that point in time.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:24:40 PM

The Bitcoin hard fork SegWit2x is planned somewhere in the 3º week of November. The B2X will be a lot more complex that the other 2 forks (Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold). The developers of B2X  don´t look to it as a new altcoin, they want to implement it in the Bitcoin code and make that everybody accepts it and supports it. Anyway nobody as the power to make a global decision, so possibly we will see the appearance of a new alt-coin.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:27:15 PM

Yea , very much excited . Already getting to see faster transactions and even much much cheaper fees. But the craze will be only for a few days and then everything will just seem Normal

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:33:21 PM

The Bitcoin hard fork SegWit2x is planned somewhere in the 3º week of November. The B2X will be a lot more complex that the other 2 forks (Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold). The developers of B2X  don´t look to it as a new altcoin, they want to implement it in the Bitcoin code and make that everybody accepts it and supports it. Anyway nobody as the power to make a global decision, so possibly we will see the appearance of a new alt-coin.
As you said about bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold. They are two different units of bitcoin. Which is giving an extra opportunity to people if we hold bitcoin cash now a days we know that it will reach to high price while bitcoin gold is a unique project of bitcoin which will attract those people who are interesting in bitcoin because you will feel the power of gold without exist of gold with bitcoin.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:50:08 AM

A new statement of the Hong Kong community is that also them are opposing to the implementation of SegWit2x. The group is made by some local members os the Bitcoin community and the Hong Kong Bitcoin Association. They stated that due to a lack of general agreement of the community and the lack of strong protection against repetitive attack, we consider the SegWit2x a silly effort that will make disruption and damage the ecosystem.
vonsimon

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:40:59 AM

miss bitcoin, should not miss SegWit2x this time, now the fork is coming, get my ready to accecpt you.
BTCwin1

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:40:29 PM

Segwit2X no longer exists, I heard that the latest segwit2X has returned, and I wonder what kind of changes the segwit2X will bring to bitcoin. Will the fee for the transfer be very low? Huh

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:44:28 PM

Hey! I missed it too and finally found that another team introduced Segwit2X 2.0 with new great features.
Yes, now it looks like it will happen. With the new team and new additional features.

Stop calling your worthless shitcoin SegWit2x.  It isn't SegWit2x.  You just stole the name.  

SegWit2x was called that because it had a 2MB base and 6MB witness, total 8MB blockweight.  Your shitcoin has a 4MB base, so presumably 12MB witness and 16MB total blockweight?  Or do you not even know because there's nothing about that whatsoever on the website?  Then on top of the egregious increases to the size of blocks, you're also targetting a block speed of 2.5 minutes, meaning the total size of the entire blockchain could expand at never seen before speeds if people actually used this shitcoin.

And then, as the icing on the turd, the part where you think it's okay stealing coins from private keys that don't belong to you to encourage adoption of your shitcoin:

In addition, we will distribute a proportional number of "Bitcoins of Satoshi Nakamoto" to all those who support hardfork!

By “Bitcoin of Satoshi Nakamoto” we mean what the founder and chief developer of Bitcoin BTC mined at the time of zero network activity. They will be credited to the crypto-exchanges and wallets of our partners gradually. The list of partners will be constantly updated on our website! Even if Satoshi Nakamoto wants to get B2X for his pre-mining, he is not able to do this, as we blocked the initial blocks for conversion to Bitcoin Segwit2X.

It is worth noting that this present to users who supported us will be credited some time after the basic conversion 1:1

Go away with your wet-dream of a fork.  Anyone with an actual brain will be staying far, far away from it.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:01:36 PM

Hey! I missed it too and finally found that another team introduced Segwit2X 2.0 with new great features.
Yes, now it looks like it will happen. With the new team and new additional features.

Stop calling your worthless shitcoin SegWit2x.  It isn't SegWit2x.  You just stole the name.  

SegWit2x was called that because it had a 2MB base and 6MB witness, total 8MB blockweight.  Your shitcoin has a 4MB base, so presumably 12MB witness and 16MB total blockweight?  Or do you not even know because there's nothing about that whatsoever on the website?  Then on top of the egregious increases to the size of blocks, you're also targetting a block speed of 2.5 minutes, meaning the total size of the entire blockchain could expand at never seen before speeds if people actually used this shitcoin.

And then, as the icing on the turd, the part where you think it's okay stealing coins from private keys that don't belong to you to encourage adoption of your shitcoin:

In addition, we will distribute a proportional number of "Bitcoins of Satoshi Nakamoto" to all those who support hardfork!

By “Bitcoin of Satoshi Nakamoto” we mean what the founder and chief developer of Bitcoin BTC mined at the time of zero network activity. They will be credited to the crypto-exchanges and wallets of our partners gradually. The list of partners will be constantly updated on our website! Even if Satoshi Nakamoto wants to get B2X for his pre-mining, he is not able to do this, as we blocked the initial blocks for conversion to Bitcoin Segwit2X.

It is worth noting that this present to users who supported us will be credited some time after the basic conversion 1:1

Go away with your wet-dream of a fork.  Anyone with an actual brain will be staying far, far away from it.

I agree with you completely! However, it is $560 on futures....I mean really, my BTC addresses are now virtual real estate land for FORKs piling on?

I'd sell the forked coin....but see bitcoin core doing NOTHING of note, on the transaction fees and lighting mods.....

the choice is getting stark.....pick bitcoin core and get no relief as they fiddle while Rome burns...(let them eat cake we only move at a snails pace)

no hard forks here ..the network can grind to a halt first ...but we have principles!

or listen to the Bitcoin Cash fork guys, who have some scaling with blockchain increase..but if the coding was a boat, I would not put my cat in it

all the while claiming it is better than anything ever invented!

FML...they are both gonna conspire, due to idiocy, and sink my frigging BTC of many forks.....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
shadowhnter

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:04:45 PM

segwit2x or dead. Hi, if it not complete, Bitcoin will be replace by Bitcoin cash. Hi
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: