Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:16:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brave the Crypto browser?  (Read 815 times)
USBitcoinServices.Com (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 07:16:43 AM

What do you think about the brave explorer? it is supposed to be built in crypto or made with the intention to support the crypto users?
Is it a good choice for the crypto things?

Safer than chrome, or firefox?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ceremonita

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:02:09 PM

What do you think about the brave explorer? it is supposed to be built in crypto or made with the intention to support the crypto users?

I'm just downloading it now. My friend today asked me to download brave the crypto browser. I'll come back with my comments.
NeiTrinO2

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

MOON.sx

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 07:43:36 AM

Why do you call it "crypto"? I've used it and it looks fine.
27aume

Activity: 90

Hi, i'm a pationed about cryptos and their symbol.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 03:41:40 PM

Hi,
I'm using window 10/64. installed brave browser.

My opinion and analyze:
I've passed the whole last 2day reading the entire project of Brave and BAT. It is a really amazing project and I've even purchassed some BAT.

now what I've realized is that the bookmark system doesn't work fine at all.
Yes, pages load super fast for most, that's cool.

the other thing I am trying to figure out is: where does the user/viewer get to have a reward. if the viewer can auto pay their favorite publisher. does our account when sharing a page or publishing it on our social network can reward us? I've read that we should all be rewarded but can't see any setting or anything. Do we really need a website to be a publisher?
tavogi.com

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:16:51 PM

One of the best things about Brave is that the tracking blocking is built in to the browser, meaning you don't have to rely on 3rd party extensions not selling out and selling your private info, which one of the more popular ones did earlier this year. Of course Brave could go that same route eventually, but it's less likely since it's a bigger company and even if they did, it would be harder to sneak by the public.
27aume

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 03:44:08 PM

One of the best things about Brave is that the tracking blocking is built in to the browser, meaning you don't have to rely on 3rd party extensions not selling out and selling your private info, which one of the more popular ones did earlier this year. Of course Brave could go that same route eventually, but it's less likely since it's a bigger company and even if they did, it would be harder to sneak by the public.

Brave and BAT are gonna sell the marketing intel that they gather, that the big point of BAT they are working on an algorithm that will anonymize the information gathered on your browser and then share the info with the advertiser with out showing from where or who is the source of the information.
Brave and BAT are trying to find a middle ground between user privacy and the need for intel of marketer. Smiley
uichain

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:02:11 PM

I use the 360 browser.my country's product in china
Intensity

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:25:12 AM

Brave and BAT are gonna sell the marketing intel that they gather, that the big point of BAT they are working on an algorithm that will anonymize the information gathered on your browser and then share the info with the advertiser with out showing from where or who is the source of the information.
Brave and BAT are trying to find a middle ground between user privacy and the need for intel of marketer. Smiley

I use to follow the project when Bitcoin was the crypto that they were going to use to pay users. With them changing over to BAT, I lost interest in the project. Never understood why they changed to BAT, and why publishers get paid in BTC.

27aume

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 11:40:38 PM

It's probably because Bitcoin as hes own focus so they created a currency that would attract a community that really likes the project instead of just payment gate away Smiley
I've Grin read BAT white paper and it's pretty interesting Smiley
27aume

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 11:42:19 PM

By the way, every one! Brave and BAT community are pretty active on;
https://basicattentiontoken.rocket.chat/channel/general
Tecumseh1221

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:57:38 AM

it try many browsers but

chrome and uc best of best
27aume

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 11:50:44 PM

it try many browsers but

chrome and uc best of best

I approve that chrome is good.
Actually you're aware that chrome is built up on chromium. which can is used by many other new browsers like Brave and Enigma ("forks" of chrome with different feature).
Yurickz

Activity: 110

To the Moon!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:48:17 AM

Brave needs some extensions, once it gets that feature (I think it is in development) I will probably fully replace chrome with it.

Shilnov

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:47:10 AM

very fast, I like it and no ads also
27aume

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 03:35:26 PM

Brave needs some extensions, once it gets that feature (I think it is in development) I will probably fully replace chrome with it.
Totaly approve that integration would be a must.
And I found that not being able to import my entire modzilla account info was dessapointing.
Fieldrunner

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:27:22 AM

Chrome stille the best  Grin
Offmi102

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 02:27:32 PM

a fairly convenient browser, I use it as a second window when surfing
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 12:01:12 AM

Its Chromium with a bat wallet addon, that's about it. So about as safe as Chrome is. They were trying to let people pay with bat automatically to others (ie. instead of watching ads). So its just Chrome with a couple of changes, and obviously you can use the same chrome add-ons (Yurickz is wrong).

Do not use the phrase "support the crypto users". Brave is only about the "basic attention token", nothing else, no Bitcoin or any other altcoin. And to complicate matters a bit, it does have a referral system, which causes it to be excessively spammed in some social media.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1]
  Print