Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *** DeVCoin Exchange Bounty *** 12 - 24 BTC in DVC Up For Grabs ***  (Read 1097 times)
psybits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:33:55 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 05:01:39 AM by psybits

*** Devcoin Exchange Bounties *** *** 12 - 24 BTC equivalent in DVC Bounty ***

Support DeVCoin, the ONLY alt coin on a unique mission to improve the world, support open source software developers, inventors, authors and more! And earn some DVC / BTC Wink

There is a current bounty for an existing exchange to add DVC or for a new DVC exchange to be constructed.

The current bounty is 12 generation shares which at current exchange rates (and depending on generation share size in DVC) amounts to 12 - 24 BTC worth of DVC.

** The remaining awards for a secure devcoin exchange are twelve shares, then six shares. The requirements for a secure exchange follow below. **

1) Strong passwords are required.

2) If there are repeated attempts to login, login should be slowed or a captcha should be used if it's not already.

3) Passwords should be hashed at least 10,000 times.

4) There should be an off site backup, at least 100 kilometers away from the site.

5) Deposits need at least six confirmations before they can be exchanged.

DeVCoin is one of the oldest alt coins, has a very strong community and is still going strong. It is also ETHICAL! More details can be seen in the main Devcoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.0

Support DeVCoin, the ONLY alt coin on a unique mission to improve the world, support open source software developers, inventors, authors and more! And earn some DVC / BTC  Wink
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:00:58 AM

Bump  Wink
KrLos

Activity: 768

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:25:46 AM

is on vircurex...
why just not try to convince btc-e or beter to add dvc?
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:40:32 AM

is on vircurex...
why just not try to convince btc-e or beter to add dvc?

Thanks KrLos I am aware that DVC is on Vircurex.

Both of those exchanges have been contacted.

This bounty still stands - Devcoin is one of the longest running alt coins which is still successful, has a unique mission, and deserves to be on another exchange!

P.S You are welcome to create a DVC exchange and claim the bounty Smiley
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:29:12 AM

Bumpity bump  Wink
manface

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:16:17 PM

I saw the mcxnow owner discussing devcoin briefly on the chat there looking like he may be interested in adding it. Have you contacted him? This coin has a good cause.
m00min

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:04:17 PM

Vircurex have withdrawn 'options' now so no way to trade alt coins..

Are they or anyone else planning a different service?
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:22:13 PM

Huh https://vircurex.com/orders?alt=btc&base=dvc&locale=en Huh

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
m00min

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:42:59 PM

ahhhh, thanks Smiley
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:02:00 AM

Bumpity bump  Wink

Since I have never really found myself interested in Devcoin I have a very nooby question. Since the profitability is so abysmal compared to pretty much any other coin, and that solo mining it makes zero sense (merge mined with BTC) + that it's a ASIC friendly coin. I can only assume that the ONLY reason for you wanting higher adoption is a higher price.

What's the motivation here for anyone except traders?
com911

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:05:29 AM

Bumpity bump  Wink

Since I have never really found myself interested in Devcoin I have a very nooby question. Since the profitability is so abysmal compared to pretty much any other coin, and that solo mining it makes zero sense (merge mined with BTC) + that it's a ASIC friendly coin. I can only assume that the ONLY reason for you wanting higher adoption is a higher price.

DVC is merged minined with bitcoin. Just like NMC.

jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:08:20 AM

Devcoin is Ethical because it offers payment via a different system than mining. Using the devtome system, you can actually be paid for real life work. Bitcoin only offers payment via mining. The only thing devcoin doesnt have is a decentralized payment system. Devtome is centralized, even though it uses a public script for payments via word count.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 10:48:50 PM

Is this offer/bounty still open?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:34:42 PM

I worked with Mark to get devcoin onto tag bonds exchange which is fully regulated offering fiat and paypal to crypto process! Does this qualify:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: