Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:54:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Difficulty +11% in less than 24 hours.  (Read 12874 times)
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 10:18:47 PM

Holy carp 11%+ in one go!

It would be logical to assume at this point an ASIC, there are and will be other future dagger coins, even once ETH goes PoS

Crazy times gentlemen, think ill stop buying ti's for a while see where mining goes in next 30 days or so, thx for the info man!

EDIT: Sorry was late to the game posting, and as many people have said, its not ASIC..

Original:

Not sure about ASIC since it takes a lot of development time, resources and money.  It doesn't *seem* to make sense since at some
point ETC will go to POS, granted starting out at %1 but will go over time, making miners obsolete at some point.  (still down the road).

However anything is possible Smiley

i would argue you never once mentioned "Dagger".  it's like the sole reasoning it wouldn't happen is ETH/ETC are the only coins to mine if one had an asic?
There will be coins we dont even KNOW of yet that use dagger and are huge, some would say Ubiq and Musiccoin could be long term right NOW even
There's no doubt to me a dagger ASIC would be profitable, at this point they could even tap out a batch of chips i bet .

Course, yes, us little guys its all speculation, "anything IS possible" Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:30:19 PM

It would be logical to assume at this point an ASIC, there are and will be other future dagger coins, even once ETH goes PoS

Crazy times gentlemen, think ill stop buying ti's for a while see where mining goes in next 30 days or so, thx for the info man!

EDIT: Sorry was late to the game posting, and as many people have said, its not ASIC..

Original:

Not sure about ASIC since it takes a lot of development time, resources and money.  It doesn't *seem* to make sense since at some
point ETC will go to POS, granted starting out at %1 but will go over time, making miners obsolete at some point.  (still down the road).

i would argue you never once mentioned "Dagger".  it's like the sole reasoning it wouldn't happen is ETH/ETC are the only coins to mine if one had an asic?
There will be coins we dont even KNOW of yet that use dagger and are huge, some would say Ubiq and Musiccoin could be long term right NOW even
There's no doubt to me a dagger ASIC would be profitable, at this point they could even tap out a batch of chips i bet .

Dagger Hashimoto is memory-hard, which means that ASIC and FPGA gain no advantage because everyone is limited by the speed of RAM.

Because the primary determinant of hardness is memory, and not computation, specialized hardware has only a tiny advantage; even an optimal Dagger mining ASIC would have little to offer over a hobbyist purchasing hundreds of gigabytes of memory cards off the shelf and plugging them into a medium-power GPU.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:07:14 PM

The devs need to do something quick with this ice-age because there is crazy backlogs going on with the ETH blockchain. Look at Bittrex

Wallet Notices
EMC2 (Einsteinium): EMC blockchain experienced a double spend attack.  We are working with the development team on a fix.
EFL (ElectronicGulden): EFL blockchain experienced a double spend attack. We are working with the development team on a fix.
QTL (Quatloo): QTL blockchain experienced a double spend attack. We are working with the development team on a fix.
SDC (ShadowCash): SDC wallet is being removed Jun 23rd, 2017
ARCH (ArchCoin): Wallet being deleted
WBB (Wild Beast Block): Wallet will be removed on 6/23 - We are processing WITHDRAWALS ONLY.  Deposits will not be credited - https://twitter.com/WildBeastBTC/status/871389558990139392
AEON (Aeon): AEON wallet offline for maintenance
ETH (Ethereum): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TX (TransferCoin): Automated Maintenance.
BTA (Bata): Wallet Maintenance
DGD (Digix DAO): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
RISE (Rise): Wallet swap will happen on July 19th.  Details at https://rise.vision/swap/
UNB (UnbreakableCoin): UNB blockchain experienced a double spend attack. We are working with the development team on a fix.
XAUR (Xaurum): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
SNGLS (SingularDTV): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
JWL (Jewel): JWL wallet is being removed July 14th, 2017
REP (Augur): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
HKG (HackerGold): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
ION (Ion): Wallet Offline at dev request
SWT (Swarm City Token): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TIME (Chronobank Time): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
MLN (Melon): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
GNT (Golem): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
NXC (Nexium): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
EDG (Edgeless): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
LGD (Legends): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TRST (Trustcoin): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
WINGS (Wings DAO): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
RLC (iEx.ec): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
GNO (Gnosis): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
GUP (Guppy): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
LUN (Lunyr): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TKN (TokenCard): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
HMQ (Humaniq): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
ANT (Aragon): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
BAT (Basic Attention Token): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
1ST (Firstblood): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
QRL (Quantum Resistant Ledger): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
MGO (MobileGo): Mysterium Wallet Offline : Blockchain congestion detected.
CRB (CreditBit): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
PTOY (Patientory): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
MYST (Mysterium): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
CFI (Cofound.it): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:47:26 PM

Original:

Dagger Hashimoto is memory-hard, which means that ASIC and FPGA gain no advantage because everyone is limited by the speed of RAM.

Because the primary determinant of hardness is memory, and not computation, specialized hardware has only a tiny advantage; even an optimal Dagger mining ASIC would have little to offer over a hobbyist purchasing hundreds of gigabytes of memory cards off the shelf and plugging them into a medium-power GPU.

Is it possible this is something that's being done?  I'm thinking of system memory daughterboards.  Would it be possible to set up a system with several 100 gigs of system memory and use either xeons or offload processing to a GPU and hash that way with Dagger? 

I realize latency would become a serious problem dealing with the system bus and having to hold and communicate between system memory on then daughterboards and the GPU/CPU, but if it's truly a matter of AMOUNT of memory then this sounds like it might be a way to build a massive daggerhash machine.

I'm guessing memory bandwidth and latency plays a major role though (from my limited BIOS tweaking experience) in which case this might have to do with some early Vega cards coming online, I think they're all using HBM if I'm not mistaken.

Does look, if these numbers are all correct that something more than a large GPU shipment suddenly coming online, this looks like something of a different kind.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 11:54:56 PM

Original:

ohh, i see, ya im not an ETH miner really so my knowledge obviously is less than yours on the subject i see haha
i was speaking strickly speculative , so i cant argue with those hard facts ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:26:01 AM

The devs need to do something quick with this ice-age because there is crazy backlogs going on with the ETH blockchain. Look at Bittrex

Wallet Notices
EMC2 (Einsteinium): EMC blockchain experienced a double spend attack.  We are working with the development team on a fix.
EFL (ElectronicGulden): EFL blockchain experienced a double spend attack. We are working with the development team on a fix.
QTL (Quatloo): QTL blockchain experienced a double spend attack. We are working with the development team on a fix.
SDC (ShadowCash): SDC wallet is being removed Jun 23rd, 2017
ARCH (ArchCoin): Wallet being deleted
WBB (Wild Beast Block): Wallet will be removed on 6/23 - We are processing WITHDRAWALS ONLY.  Deposits will not be credited - https://twitter.com/WildBeastBTC/status/871389558990139392
AEON (Aeon): AEON wallet offline for maintenance
ETH (Ethereum): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TX (TransferCoin): Automated Maintenance.
BTA (Bata): Wallet Maintenance
DGD (Digix DAO): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
RISE (Rise): Wallet swap will happen on July 19th.  Details at https://rise.vision/swap/
UNB (UnbreakableCoin): UNB blockchain experienced a double spend attack. We are working with the development team on a fix.
XAUR (Xaurum): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
SNGLS (SingularDTV): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
JWL (Jewel): JWL wallet is being removed July 14th, 2017
REP (Augur): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
HKG (HackerGold): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
ION (Ion): Wallet Offline at dev request
SWT (Swarm City Token): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TIME (Chronobank Time): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
MLN (Melon): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
GNT (Golem): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
NXC (Nexium): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
EDG (Edgeless): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
LGD (Legends): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TRST (Trustcoin): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
WINGS (Wings DAO): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
RLC (iEx.ec): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
GNO (Gnosis): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
GUP (Guppy): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
LUN (Lunyr): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
TKN (TokenCard): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
HMQ (Humaniq): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
ANT (Aragon): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
BAT (Basic Attention Token): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
1ST (Firstblood): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
QRL (Quantum Resistant Ledger): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
MGO (MobileGo): Mysterium Wallet Offline : Blockchain congestion detected.
CRB (CreditBit): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
PTOY (Patientory): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
MYST (Mysterium): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected
CFI (Cofound.it): Wallet offline -  Blockchain congestion detected

Back log is nothing compared to what will happen in the next 2 ice age step-ups.

It takes exponential step-ups , the next one we are looking at will push 25-30 sec blocks, then 1 min blocks.

Im excited for it even though profit will suck for a bit until they fork.  All the noobs that took out loans and spent money without research will likely panic and start selling hardware at deep loses.  The people like us can sit back and grab some popcorn then profit again once the fork comes.  Could even be a good time to be a opportunist.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:27:03 AM

A true conesuer of ETH would have known that there are ASIC ETH flashes that are out there and they have been for six months or more.  With the right ASIC you simply flash in the new OS and it can handle its previous algos, plus the ability to hard mine and mint, not a tech revolution, been there the whole time.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 04:50:38 AM

@dbc23
 - very good point. Funny thing is that back in the 90's ALL major video cards HAD slots for ADDING ONBOARD memory. This is wise in terms of card usability aka lifespan, but... DICKS that invented term "goods lifespan" have different point of view on it, thats why no more memory add-on slots. Bizniz.. MORE sales - MORE profit, as simple as that.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 04:51:47 AM

@dbc23
 - very good point. Funny thing is that back in the 90's ALL major video cards HAD slots for ADDING ONBOARD memory. This is wise in terms of card usability aka lifespan, but... DICKS that invented term "goods lifespan" have different point of view on it, thats why no more memory add-on slots. Bizniz.. MORE sales - MORE profit, as simple as that.

However, this has nothing to do with the facts about ETH, that is all in the numbers.  Do your research, look at the pool size and numbers and answer the question for yourself, these are the actions of a responsible person in the crypto game and we all do this. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:16:44 AM

Diff is still skyrocketing

3896897   Block   eu1   June 19th 2017, 9:13:15 am   765.6 T   11.4 TH/s   69s
3901922   Block   eu1   June 20th 2017, 8:09:45 am   847.7 T   11.4 TH/s   35s   213%
NOW
3906485   Block   eu1   June 21st 2017, 6:12:55 am   898.3 T   11.6 TH/s   64s   121%

So

in less than 48 hours difficulty went up +17.33%

Where are these GPUs coming from? AMD made max around 3 million per quarter of the RX series.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:48:09 AM

Definitely, it's impossible to put all these hardware together and just turn on, it takes time and effort and every day the hashrate increases, not all at once in 2 days. This is not looking good.

Price is very determinant to build ASICS, lets see how this will go, if is indeed ASICS then looks like ETH value will crash to hell.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:56:29 AM

That must be nvidia doing their testing on eth networking. You ready? hehe

I was thinking that to there miner only GPU is due out in two days .. on the 23rd or about .... keep watching the DIFF it may drop ...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:04:52 AM

That must be nvidia doing their testing on eth networking. You ready? hehe

I was thinking that to there miner only GPU is due out in two days .. on the 23rd or about .... keep watching the DIFF it may drop ...

The way things are, it could be anything really, for money, people do all sorts of things. Let's hope is Nvidia doing their testing.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:29:25 AM

I wouldn't worry about it, this could be the effect of some pools getting very lucky on blocks.

Ethermine had 107% luck today.
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:43:28 AM

Diff is still skyrocketing

3896897   Block   eu1   June 19th 2017, 9:13:15 am   765.6 T   11.4 TH/s   69s
3901922   Block   eu1   June 20th 2017, 8:09:45 am   847.7 T   11.4 TH/s   35s   213%
NOW
3906485   Block   eu1   June 21st 2017, 6:12:55 am   898.3 T   11.6 TH/s   64s   121%

So

Where are these GPUs coming from? AMD made max around 3 million per quarter of the RX series.

Pascal/Nvidia - a look around shows 1060s / 1070s sold out everywhere

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
mewhoyou

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:22:52 PM

Screw all this mining ... lets go POS! Problem solved.

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?
charles2k

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:02:34 PM

One Chinese risers manufacturer told me, that at this moment they have orders for 200000 (!!!) risers.
And there are more manufacturers than this one...
Rutdam

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:15:50 PM

yeah i also think as to do with asic, because with the current profit that ETH is giving it's worth to build dedicated asic for it, this or there is still someone selling gpu privately maybe, they are not really out of stock like many thing

If the ASIC is confirmed, then there will be a change of PoW.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:39:25 PM

It looks like ETH price crashed 20% and the difficult rose 20% regardless of hashrate drop and 17 seconds to find a block now, which means ETH became 35% less profitable, in just few days, imagine in few weeks. I wonder when the people who bought rx 4xx r5xxx series for 700 usd will commit suicide. Their end is near.

WTH are you talking about?...

ETH is just one coin that currently is the most profitable, but others are close behind. There are tons of other coins that will still give a nice profit. Everyone seems to be so scared about ETH becoming more difficult to mine or whatever, but the age of cryptos has really just begun.

I don't give 2 poops about ETH dying off with their idiotic difficulty bomb and artificial difficulty increase to force people to leave before they switch to POS(hit). I'm actually hoping every miner will leave to better things soon and let ETH crash and burn (or maybe rise and shine). Personally, I don't see POS as a good thing for the ethereum network and I don't see how it will make it better as you'll just have a few large players buying up all the coins to get the work contracts. Maybe the price will rise to 1000$, maybe not. I'm holding some, but will be switching to ETC today, just waiting on my next payment...
Kompik

Activity: 463

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:46:29 PM

It looks like ETH price crashed 20% and the difficult rose 20% regardless of hashrate drop and 17 seconds to find a block now, which means ETH became 35% less profitable, in just few days, imagine in few weeks. I wonder when the people who bought rx 4xx r5xxx series for 700 usd will commit suicide. Their end is near.

WTH are you talking about?...

ETH is just one coin that currently is the most profitable, but others are close behind. There are tons of other coins that will still give a nice profit. Everyone seems to be so scared about ETH becoming more difficult to mine or whatever, but the age of cryptos has really just begun.

I don't give 2 poops about ETH dying off with their idiotic difficulty bomb and artificial difficulty increase to force people to leave before they switch to POS(hit). I'm actually hoping every miner will leave to better things soon and let ETH crash and burn (or maybe rise and shine). Personally, I don't see POS as a good thing for the ethereum network and I don't see how it will make it better as you'll just have a few large players buying up all the coins to get the work contracts. Maybe the price will rise to 1000$, maybe not. I'm holding some, but will be switching to ETC today, just waiting on my next payment...

Oh man you really dont understand that this is all one interconnected market, saying I dont mine ETH, so it will not influence me is the dumbest thing ever. Good luck buying new gear and going bankrupt with this attitude.

Bitrated user: Kompik.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: